Today's episode of "What is it?"

-
Steering wheel holder. Center the wheel and put that between the bottom of the wheel and the seat

Another version

20220710_161047.jpg

This one looks like a robot but you get the idea.
I have to ask... Why?

On a side note I used a walking cane as a make shift Cruse control, put end of came on gas pedal, wedged other end under my hip. Rock to the left, gas lifts. Saved my leg on a 24 foot moving van with a speed regulator. No matter how far you pushed the gas it would not go faster than 55mph,

So full throttle for 1000 miles.

isn't that for the "early" self driving cars?
The kind you put a brick on the gas pedal and through the window push the lever into D and watch the magic happen.
Couple open gas cans in the back seat with a small fire on the front floor ..uh oh look out we havin some reeeel fun then
Just make sure to aim for the window with the flashing tv shadows.
:thumbsup::eek:

I have to ask... Why?

On a side note I used a walking cane as a make shift Cruse control, put end of came on gas pedal, wedged other end under my hip. Rock to the left, gas lifts. Saved my leg on a 24 foot moving van with a speed regulator. No matter how far you pushed the gas it would not go faster than 55mph,

So full throttle for 1000 miles.

I did a cross country move with a truck like that = sucked !

The kind you put a brick on the gas pedal and through the window push the lever into D and watch the magic happen.
Couple open gas cans in the back seat with a small fire on the front floor ..uh oh look out we havin some reeeel fun then
Just make sure to aim for the window with the flashing tv shadows
Came "this close" to doing that on the same 1000 mile move. Drove 98 Mercury Sable wagon from So Cal to Colorado. A week earlier had the trans rebuilt, AC repaired, and a bunch of other little stuff done. Got all the way to the 11,000 foot elevation on I70 over the Rockies, a few miles before the Eisenhower tunnel and noticed that I had to give it more and more gas to keep up the speed. Figured sea level car struggling at altitude. Then noticed the engine temp was a bit high so I turned on the heater and rolled down the window, that's when I knew I was doomed.

Clack clack clack is all I heard echoing off the gard rail post.

So I pulled over and stopped, so did the engine. It's 10:00 at night I have no signs of Civilization, I have no idea where I am at the time.

I pop the hood hoping for a fan belt or some easy issue. Nope!

If not for the computers, photos, and other erreplacables in the back it would have been a Thelma and Louise moment for the problem plagued car, ( 2 head gaskets in 2 years etc. )

So crossed my fingers and tried to start it, it did, so I drove it flashers flashing on the shoulder, up to the tunnel, through the tunnel and found the first gas station I could find. Got lucky, found a tow truck to tow me the rest of the 3 hours to the new house.

What a way to meet the new neighbors.

Beep beep beep at 1 to 2 am.

The following week end when out and bought a new 06 grand caravan.

The wagon was supposed to last another 10 years:(

-
Back