Top End Needed

-
OK Borrowed a mates 750 DP ready for this weeks street meet now......Did notice that motor sounds a lot crispyer & more responsive.

I 'll let you know the reasults Thursday.

Cheers Oz

I will be very surprised if you see much of an improvement. Many people forget that a dual plane splits the carb in half, so on a single plane you have the 750 feeding each cylinder, same carb on a dual plane you've got a 375 cfm carb in effect. We've found in Dyno testing that a basic 360 that makes peak power at 6400-6500 RPM will use up a 825 Demon or 850 DP Holley with a 2" open spacer.
We're hoping to try a Dominator on a friends 318 stroker with an Air Gap & Edelbrock heads, from memory he has a 950HP on it now.

Ok ran the wagon with the borrowed 750 DP but didn't have time to sort it ran same as with 750 Vac.

anyway I have purchased a 850 HP ultamate & 2" open spacer will be tuned in the next week or so & we'll see what happens. Also found a Mopar M1 intake at the right price so I got that waiting if we need it.

Cheers Oz

I will be very surprised if you see much of an improvement. Many people forget that a dual plane splits the carb in half, so on a single plane you have the 750 feeding each cylinder, same carb on a dual plane you've got a 375 cfm carb in effect. We've found in Dyno testing that a basic 360 that makes peak power at 6400-6500 RPM will use up a 825 Demon or 850 DP Holley with a 2" open spacer.
We're hoping to try a Dominator on a friends 318 stroker with an Air Gap & Edelbrock heads, from memory he has a 950HP on it now.

Hi La360

I hear what you are saying & in makes sence we'll see what happens in the next week or 2 with the new changes.

Cheers Oz

Oz, You have lots of torque but I'm afraid you may not have the head to turn much more RPM I have a similar combo in a bit lighter car and am turning about 6500 @ 130+ with a 29x10 maybe a taller tire is in order. I am also running 3.91 gears.

Oz, You have lots of torque but I'm afraid you may not have the head to turn much more RPM I have a similar combo in a bit lighter car and am turning about 6500 @ 130+ with a 29x10 maybe a taller tire is in order. I am also running 3.91 gears.

Sounds very similar set up I do think I need a taller tire......add that to shopping list

If you're turning 6400 /116 you may want to look into converter slip

Yes...

That set up is turning the DS about 5800-5900. It's slipping in the 10% range, good to some, sloppy to others... me included.

Ok guy's while I'm wait for my M1 to be machined I am going to run the RPM airgap with 2" open spacer & new 850 HP carb. For this weeks meeting....Then by the next meeting I should have the M1 on it will be interesting to see the difference between the 2.

Cheers Oz

toss the air gap and go to that m1 you found. dual planes are not for racing. they are a street intake and work good if you're not after horse power.

Manifold selection is combo dependent....blanket statements like this are usually just plain wrong.

Like I said in an earlier post, I've run 10.89 with an Air-gap intake (with a 1.5 inch spacer)....I switched to a Victor and I'm still running 10.8 with a little more MPH, but a slower 60'.

With the cam you have, you are right there on the edge where a single plane would probably help more than it would hurt...but you should see what your car likes (try it and see)....but I don't see the intake holding it back much, if any.

Update......The wife ran the long roof yesterday her first run 11.5 @ 115.4mph 2nd run 11.45 @116.7mph 3rd run fuel issues looks like it's time for an electric fuel pump.

She had a good day racing till the engine fan let a blade go ended up in the battery & acid everywhere.

This week will see a new electric water pump & fan fitted as well as electric fuel pump & battery relocated to the back of the wagon.

Cheers Oz

Which intake were you running at the Mopar Rumble?

We ran a RPM airgap with 2" open spacer at the Rumble....We had a few issues either not enough fuel or timing haven't had a chance to play with it since the Rumble. I should have left it alone at the test & tune 2 weeks before the Rumble we were running 11:2's @ 117MPH then I changed the jets & had the dizzy locked out before the Rumble.

I have a M1 to go on it & a set of Eddy heads just finding time at this time of year is the hardest thing.

Here's a pic from the Test & Tune day it gets out the hole ok for stock rear springs, no snubber & street shocks 60's at high 1.5's to1.6 sec only stalling to 2000.

Cheers Gra

Attachments

• LyndaWoodford SST 5061 271012_09 (Small).JPG
    82 KB · Views: 125
-
Back