TorqStorm® Slant 6 Supercharger Kit

-
I used a Holley first but it leaked out the back under boost. Holley makes a blow through carb. I believe they are demons. A slant six is not what it’s made for though.
People have been using Holley's for Blow through applications since the 60s...and a carb has zero idea what kind of engine it's bolted to.
Whoever you're talking to is either an idiot or trying to pick your pocket. You know, the usual

So it would be ok to put a 750 DP on a slant? I don’t think so. The goal is to create a driveable vehicle that gets the correct amount of fuel and not run so rich that it carbons up the rings so they stick and cause pre detonation.

So it would be ok to put a 750 DP on a slant? I don’t think so. The goal is to create a driveable vehicle that gets the correct amount of fuel and not run so rich that it carbons up the rings so they stick and cause pre detonation.
No, a 750 would be stupid...a 390-500 CFM carb would be smart.
And no, carbon won't do nearly as much damage to an engine as piston crushing detonation will...like when a cheap Chinese rotor vaporizes under a voltage load twice what it was designed to handle. I'm sure you're familiar with that sort of thing.

Holly's are the easiest for blow through as demons

Edelbrocks/Carter's don't work well as theirs not really a source of nitrl floats..
I know of one guy that started making them for edelbrocks, but not sure he still does or not
Mark Burton was his name

As for cfm and blow through...carb cfm doubles
So 500cfm carb will now he 1000cfm
650 is nkw 1300
750 is now 1500
It'd be more ideal to do 390 Holly for blow through on a 6
Or holley with a 3 barrel conversion.

Am through with the /6 Torqstorm install. Works great, has the 3.25" pulley that Chris recommended. Starts building boost around 2300rpm steady climbs at 4000 to 4300rpms to 5300 peaks at 10-12 lbs.boost. Engine runs cooler than stock! Engine bay is cool too. Engine is .040" pistons, rods and crank prepped. ARP rod bolts, ARP main cap studs, ARP block to head studs w/steel shim head gsk. from Charlie S (thanks!) Comp cams .430" lift 252 degrees duration. 110 lobe center. Deck top of block .010" same on head to clean up. Back cut valves w some porting. Running TDC spark advance on idle, 18 degrees at full mechanical @ 2K and 5 degrees on vacuum advance w/93 pump gas. Offenhauser 4bbl. intake. Using C&S Specialties 550cfm areosol double pumper carb. Had stumble off idle and sent it back. 1 day turnaround!They opened up the transfer slot a little, now runs great. What a crew at C&S, Robert REALLY knows his trade. Car runs great! Pulls harder in upper gears. 4 speed, 2.94 rear, 225/60X15 tires. I need to look for a dyno shop, maybe Greenville or Spartanburg SC. Only complaint is BOV noise, Chris suggested some people have run a K&N filter over the BOV, gonna give that a shot. James

Am through with the /6 Torqstorm install. Works great, has the 3.25" pulley that Chris recommended. Starts building boost around 2300rpm steady climbs at 4000 to 4300rpms to 5300 peaks at 10-12 lbs.boost. Engine runs cooler than stock! Engine bay is cool too. Engine is .040" pistons, rods and crank prepped. ARP rod bolts, ARP main cap studs, ARP block to head studs w/steel shim head gsk. from Charlie S (thanks!) Comp cams .430" lift 252 degrees duration. 110 lobe center. Deck top of block .010" same on head to clean up. Back cut valves w some porting. Running TDC spark advance on idle, 18 degrees at full mechanical @ 2K and 5 degrees on vacuum advance w/93 pump gas. Offenhauser 4bbl. intake. Using C&S Specialties 550cfm areosol double pumper carb. Had stumble off idle and sent it back. 1 day turnaround!They opened up the transfer slot a little, now runs great. What a crew at C&S, Robert REALLY knows his trade. Car runs great! Pulls harder in upper gears. 4 speed, 2.94 rear, 225/60X15 tires. I need to look for a dyno shop, maybe Greenville or Spartanburg SC. Only complaint is BOV noise, Chris suggested some people have run a K&N filter over the BOV, gonna give that a shot. James

Back in the day I used to have a vw with a 1.8 turbo
In order to hide the "bov sound" they used a "diverter valve" instead
This did not vent into the atmosphere like a bov does, but through a tube back into the intake tract
(Granted, the reasoning behind this was that the air released by the diverter valve had allready passed through the mass airflow sensor, and had to be a counted for...but it did a great job on quieting the valve)

-
Back