torquestorm supercharger

-
1B237909-1B28-46BA-9C27-A804586CCCAE.gif
11916EED-82C9-478D-91E6-DC6C93B9D084.gif

For my needs, there are better options, but I was able to see this at the Holley Moparty. It’s visually impressive especially in twin configuration.

I love my Torqstorm supercharger. I have a 360 magnum crate motor from Mopar performance division purchased in 2000. I put the supercharger on and it really added some extra pulling through all the gears. No cam change although I am going for aluminum heads to get a little more air going…lolView attachment 1715842788

If you have a 380 hp crate motor I would keep the camshaft you have. Those engines are 9.0:1 and have something like a 236/242 @50 hyd. roller cam. I would keep that if it's a streeter. The heads had 1.925 and 1.625 valves. I would change the head to a 2.02" intake valve head for forced induction. The cam and compression are right on target for a non-intercooled low boost centrifugal.

If you have the 300 hp crate motor I would change the cam before the heads.

Any out of the box aluminum head would be adequate (providing an inspection and correct springs). Edelbrocks, Speedmaster, ProMaxx. I wouldn't worry about porting them or upgrading to a TFS head unless you stroke it.

Bored 40 over
198 Molinar h beam rods
Wiseco pistons
Head ported
Clifford 4 barrel intake
Clifford shorty headers
Torqstorm supercharger

Who ported the head?
What are the flow numbers?
I like to see where I'm at in the porting world.

I’ve been waiting on aluminum heads, seems everything in the USA is on back order. Praying I get the by spring 2022 but it doesn’t look promising…

A friend of mine has a TorqueStorm on his 68 Fastback 340 stroker engine. He loves it and drives it everyday during the summer months.

Jack

Can you tell me how well the TS works with his stroked 340? I'm building a 426 from a 340 and am thinking about adding the plus version if it will do the job. I have read it may not keep up with the larger engines and a twin is recommended. I'm building a street car with 234 242 at .050. any help is appreciated. Also can anyone say if the engine will run NA if the belt breaks or is removed?

He says he likes it a lot. His is a 408 so the step up to a 426 shouldn't change much especially seeing as his is under driven. If I remember correctly he is running 7 lbs of boost. I don't know what version he has. I can't answer your question on if it breaks a belt. I know my 8-71 will run without a belt. Not that good but it will run.

Jack

ordered mine a few weeks back right before the price increase happened. Just now taking out my motor to teardown and figure out what stroker kit I want. Shooting for 700hp. the fun part is figuring out all the correct peripherals to add on to get this to work.

for example.....i want to run TB EFI.....looking at the MSD setup since they make the boost reference ignition that TS recommends and the EFI unit will also run electric fans....but what are you guys running for ignition?

Last edited:
-
Back