Totaled my Camry - Got a Charger as a Rental

-

g413

Reaction score
Last Sunday, this guy ran a stop sign and totaled my car. At the time we hit, we were both going about 3 MPH, but that's all it takes. The rental company was originally going to give me an Altima, but when I got there, they gave me a 2016 Charger SXT. That was cool with me.

I hadn't driven a car like this, maybe ever. It is a fun car to drive. When I step on the gas, this thing really goes. I opened the hood and it had a 3.6. Now some of you guys are putting 5.7 and 6.1 engines in your little cars. My goodness. You guys are ANIMALS ---- and loving it!

Thanks, yes we were both alright. I'm glad I had uninsured motorist coverage.

Maybe a big old 1978 Chrysler Newport. The biggest and heaviest car Chrysler ever made should be pretty safe.

What a beast!

maxresdefault.jpg

That might have been a better match against his pickup. Now I'm strongly looking at crossovers (to haul some bigger stuff), and will consider all manufacturers. Any recommendations?

I got munched by an old Ford LTD station wagon and I was driving a 76 Coup Deville. I had a protected green left turn arrow and the oncoming guy ran his red and plowed into my passenger front bumper corner at about 30. It was weird: we both sort of absorbed each other and came to a rest. We both hopped out unscathed but the cars were trashed. I had CA plates in Chicago and the guy was a local so guess who won that argument? Anyway, those big cars don't bounce off each other, they just plow into one another and crumple: the passengers dont get much shock at lower speeds. glad your safe, it doesnt take much to total a new car.

Last Sunday, this guy ran a stop sign and totaled my car. At the time we hit, we were both going about 3 MPH, but that's all it takes. The rental company was originally going to give me an Altima, but when I got there, they gave me a 2016 Charger SXT. That was cool with me.

I hadn't driven a car like this, maybe ever. It is a fun car to drive. When I step on the gas, this thing really goes. I opened the hood and it had a 3.6. Now some of you guys are putting 5.7 and 6.1 engines in your little cars. My goodness. You guys are ANIMALS ---- and loving it!

Is it the AWD version? If so, how do you like it?

My wife works for Avis rent a car, she gets a free car for 3 weeks a year. We have driven a bunch of new cars over the yrs., the charger is about the best driving one we have used. Mitsubishi`s about the worst. Ford fusion wasn`t too impressive either, altho it got great mileage. We had it for the week following the charger.

My 96 Camry LE currently has almost 283K miles on it. I can't recommend a more dependable vehicle. In fact, I purchased another just like it yesterday. Well, not just like, same green but only 2 doors, leather, powers seats, etc.., and only 259K miles.
The word "everywhere" is all inclusive. So to arrive everywhere quicker must include the repairs shops and junkyards.

My 96 Camry LE currently has almost 283K miles on it. I can't recommend a more dependable vehicle. In fact, I purchased another just like it yesterday. Well, not just like, same green but only 2 doors, leather, powers seats, etc.., and only 259K miles.
The word "everywhere" is all inclusive. So to arrive everywhere quicker must include the repairs shops and junkyards.
I had a camry, I bought off my son, he bought it new. I just bought it to drive to work for the mileage. It was a very good, dependable car. I would way way rather have a charger !!!! Go drive anew charger and then go drive a camry, world of diff in comfort.

I own a 2015 R/T charger with the 5.7. 13.30's at the strip, and 30 hwy MPG with the 8 speed...now thats a machine! We regularly park it after mixed driving with 27-28 MPG avg on the EVIC. These LX platform cars are really one of my modern favorites. Has me eyeing up a magnum wagon for a work car.

You just described my 75 Dart SE 4-door with a slant six...
Which one of us?lol I don't call any A-bodies boring....but i dunno if that slanty is clicking off any 13.30's? lol

we bought a 08 charger early in 09
it has 80K on the clock and i paid for it, on the high end of what you would expect to pay for an 08 NOW

that has been a great car, we had zero problems with it (pushing 150 K now)
it has the V6 in it and AWD and its just laughs at Michigan winters
ive actually used it to pull SUVs out of ditches with

Mitsubishi`s about the worst. Ford fusion wasn`t too impressive either, altho it got great mileage. We had it for the week following the charger.
mitsubishi?
arent they the company that made the planes that bombed pearl harbor?

that has been a great car, we had zero problems with it (pushing 150 K now)
it has the V6 in it and AWD and its just laughs at Michigan winters
ive actually used it to pull SUVs out of ditches with
?
an AWD hemi Magnum is on my need to own list.lol i might even throw the 300c front clip on it to confuse ppl ;)

an AWD hemi Magnum is on my need to own list.lol i might even throw the 300c front clip on it to confuse ppl ;)

and if it was a REAL station wagon with 3rd row seating (preferably facing back) i would be ALL over it too

and if it was a REAL station wagon with 3rd row seating (preferably facing back) i would be ALL over it too
A hemi durango is on my wants list for that reason also, but we already have the charger, and I need another car payment like a hole in my head...but man those SRT durango's are badass looking..lol AWD magnums are going for around 7-8K...so thats more reasonable for a work car at this time.

i have been seriously considering the newer durango to replace our brand X family hauler
they look great, and im regretting letting the wifey chose that clunker chevy

but even used ones in the trim i want go for 20-30K (would like to go with the citadel trim, and hemi...AWD is a must)

but i hear storage behind the third row, and leg room is limited

(i sure hope the OP is looking for a man sized car, or we are way off topic)

I had a 17' Charger SE as a loaner a few weeks ago. Not a bad car, I like my Legacy 3.6R better only because it out handled the SE. The SE was bargain basement with small brakes and no options accept the Black Top package. My wife and kids all liked it too, very roomy, I'd be down for an R/T or Super Bee. Sad thing was when I was looking for a car last year, we looked at a loaded 13' 300c. Wife hated it, so I dismissed the Charger as they are basically the same other than sheet metal. Now they love the Charger...go figure.

I had a 17' Charger SE as a loaner a few weeks ago. Not a bad car, I like my Legacy 3.6R better only because it out handled the SE. The SE was bargain basement with small brakes and no options accept the Black Top package. My wife and kids all liked it too, very roomy, I'd be down for an R/T or Super Bee. Sad thing was when I was looking for a car last year, we looked at a loaded 13' 300c. Wife hated it, so I dismissed the Charger as they are basically the same other than sheet metal. Now they love the Charger...go figure.
They do vary the suspension between chrysler and dodge, and from sub-model to sub-model. I have heard that exact same thing several times. Guys dismiss the 300, and like the charger. Keep in mind the '17 would have an 8 speed also....a 3.6 with an 8 speed will hang right with a Nag-equipped car with a hemi. stock for stock.

-
Back