Tow Rigs

-
Here's mine earning it's keep. 2010 Dodge 1/2 ton 4x4 regular cab and short bed. 390 hp Hemi and 3.92 gears do the job. :thumblef: The dead Ford 4x4 extended cab and a load of parts in the bed of both trucks is making it squat a little, though. Trailer is a PJ.
Dallas

Just a little squat. It's not a load till your on the bump stops when the tow rig is a dodge! Lol

2005 2500 4x4 Cummins and my my econo trailer, towing a member's new purchase from Va. to Pa... And a shot of the main reason I have the Ram - for dragging the 30 footer around...

attachment.php

attachment.php

My wife's truck...03, 3/4 ton, 6sp, Diesel .....her choice...lol. I use it when ever I have need of a truck. She has horses and pulls a Goose Neck Horse trailer. There is not much that will compare to a diesel when it comes to pulling a big load, I pass cars, trucks, big rigs going up steep hills all the while maintaining my same speed......at 15-17 mpg. Trailer is a 19ft car hauler and once or twice a year it's a hay hauler.

Attachments

• 296.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 486
This "was" my old trailer, a much modified, beat up and used up which I bought originally in 1972 in San Diego!!! It's hauled a Barracuda from San Diego to N Idaho, several Jeeps and my Land Cruiser around the PNW and to Lethbrige CA

My favorite 'Unca Bill' now gone, with the little Cletrac on the old trailer

14d1p9j.jpg

Second to the last ride of the old LC. Next trip will be to a "new" owner or the junk yard

20adv8j.jpg

I finally sold the old trailer I think for 400. I'd had it for over 35 years!!!!!!!

The "new" trailer I also bought used, pretty basic. A "Fox" trailer built right out at the state line, here being used on the front carport project

Whole dern problem is, I'm gettin' too old 'n decript fer all this!!

Attachments

• _MG_4994.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 747
  • _MG_4998cs.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 454
  • _MG_5002cs.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 774
My trailer I just bought and I am redoing to haul the Cuda to the track and if I need anything bigger I work for a company that has an entire fleet of wreckers and flatbeds.We had out the biggest one today to recover a loaded 53 foot box trailer that came unhooked from the tractor.

Attachments

• 101_9241.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 461
View attachment dad truck.jpg

This is my 2007 Dodge Ram MegaCab. I did some work to it like adding an SRT hood and color matched Line-x in the bed. A ProCharger gives me 5PSI of boost. Sharp eyed viewers will see the longbed conversion, I did that when the truck had 3000 miles on the odometer. Normal people change their oil at 3000 miles, I cut my truck in half.

That thing must suck to park. Is it touchin over 30 ft long? Must be hard to park with a trailer being that long. But I would love a dually cummins with a 6 spd just like it but go mango

That some nice trucks but i play in my tow rig to much for it to look like that

Attachments

• 2012-11-25_11-19-30_117.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 450
Here's my 2004 2500 4X4 quad cab diesel. 6 spd with 3.73 gears. We had stopped at a rest area on the way to Myrtle Beach last year, and I took this pic. My car trailer is a 16' open trailer. Checker plate deck with a dovetail. The car trailer pulls good, but I've never liked it. Maybe I will like it better when I get my winch mounted. We love our 5th wheel. It's the only thing I've ever put behind my truck that it even knew it was back there!

BigRedSunnybrook.jpg

View attachment 1714571234

This is my 2007 Dodge Ram MegaCab. I did some work to it like adding an SRT hood and color matched Line-x in the bed. A ProCharger gives me 5PSI of boost. Sharp eyed viewers will see the longbed conversion, I did that when the truck had 3000 miles on the odometer. Normal people change their oil at 3000 miles, I cut my truck in half.

DUDE!! Chuck, is everything you own got a damn supercharger???!! LOL

That's cool. :D:D:D

Man that's a nice bee!

Thanks Doba, I took that pic right before we left for a test and tune night at Irwindale.

View attachment 1714571234

Man, you should paint "Santa Fe" on the side of that freight train!

Heres mine. Its a 72 Crew Cab with 90 sheet metal on it. I have all the 72 sheet metal to put back on it. It has a 17 foot flat bed and a 8k lb winch. Its powered by a 440/727. I'm looking for a first gen Cummins truck with a 5 speed to do the conversion for reliability and mileage. I love this truck!

Attachments

• 001-1.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 380
  • 002.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 373
64 1 ton 40 yr old trailer and the 57

ok i have tried to load some pictures but for some reason it wont let me.

2004 Ram 2500..Cummins/ Auto/ 4x4... Pulling a 18' Big Tex/ Heavy duty axles with trailer brakes... Love my setup...

Attachments

• Macho Power Wagon.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 379
Heres mine. Its a 72 Crew Cab with 90 sheet metal on it. I have all the 72 sheet metal to put back on it. It has a 17 foot flat bed and a 8k lb winch. Its powered by a 440/727. I'm looking for a first gen Cummins truck with a 5 speed to do the conversion for reliability and mileage. I love this truck!

:drools: :burnout:

We have a winner!!!! That is the coolest truck!!! I looked forever for a Dodge ramp truck before I bought the Chevy.

We have a winner!!!! That is the coolest truck!!! I looked forever for a Dodge ramp truck before I bought the Chevy.

X2 that dodge ramp is very cool....i could see a mopar powered funny car on there. or a good ol classic dart

-
Back