Towed my car... Should I be mad about this?

-

myasylum

Reaction score
I had my car towed today, and when I started to work on it I noticed something...

DSC01355.JPG

DSC01358.JPG

DSC01359.JPG

I would be ! looks like somebody picked the wrong place to attach the hooks .
usually they just go round the axle .Sorry to see that .

Well, the problem is that my car is not registered... so I switched plates or they wouldn't tow it. If I call and complain they might use that against me, if they check the plate#. I mean, yea... I'm pretty pissed, but does it really hurt anything? The guy towing it was complain about uni-bodies too. go figure.

Screw that, I'd ***** reguradless of the leagal state of the car!
Though I doubt you'll get anywhere or thing fixed. Bang it back up with a ball peen hammer and coat it with something besides a rattle can paint.

OH, don't forget to spread the word around about the butcher like approac to the job and the mans complaints about doing his job.

I WILL TELL YOU EXACTLY what this bum did, he left it in gear and only hooked up one hook to it, They do it that way so they don't have to jump up on the trailer and put it back in gear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heck yes, I would be mad, I have seen repo people do this....
He was just to dang lazy to hook two hooks to it and take it out of gear ...:angry4:

I work for a major used car dealer and we see this daily. That would meet our standards. He tied the car down to tight. Happens all the time. Is it right? Likely not but it happens alot. The holes are used for this purpose all the time. As long as it didnt cross over to the side of the frame you will be ok. My two cents worth.

Ya I would be pissed and IMO I would talk to the driver 1st. Show him the damage, ask what he is gonna do for you....if nothing, fine, get his boss or the owner on the phone while Cooter is standing there and tell him about the pissin and moanin about unibodies and show him what damage he did. Explore all your avenues. I dont think they can hold the legal state of the car over your head. Even if they tried I would call their bluff!! I wouldnt worry about that unless you are worried bout cops, and have a field full of sumpin' growing. Sorry man

I don't understand the registration issue. Since when did a car have to be registered to be hauled on a rollback? I would complain & spread the word. Classic cars need to be handled with some respect!

That's a stupid place to put a hook. I had my 68 barracuda towed by Triple A about a couple weeks ago. He put a hook around the axle on each side, no damage... I'd bring up the issue.

I ran my own towing business for years......that's unacceptable,don't mention the wrong tag on the car mention the damages to it and get an estimate from a reputable welder to repair it and ask politely to cover the damages.new cars are unibodies I wonder how many of those he's ripped in half???or bent the frame on,or knocked the rear wheels out of alignement on some models...what a maroon

I ran my own towing business for years......that's unacceptable,don't mention the wrong tag on the car mention the damages to it and get an estimate from a reputable welder to repair it and ask politely to cover the damages.new cars are unibodies I wonder how many of those he's ripped in half???or bent the frame on,or knocked the rear wheels out of alignement on some models...what a maroon

Thank you waggin 8) well said 8)

hammer it and weld it.

X2, some things are not worth getting all worked up over and jumping through hoops and losing sleep over someone else's stonewalling.

I've had much worse happen to my car and bit my tongue before killing someone and just chalked it up to experience.

Should you be mad? Well that's up to you.Did the towing company do something wrong,absolutely and they are responsible for repairing all the damage. I have caused some inadvertent damage while on the job and have had all the damage repaired to the satisfaction of the customer,sometimes when the customer didn't realize there was damage.just good business practice.He should pay!

Tagged or not has got nothing to do with it,He damaged it he pays to fix it!

no let them run all over u just kidding go say something not cool

i would be asking why they used the "thin" sub frames to tie it down instead of around the axle and lower control arms.....that is how i have been trailering stuff for years.....

This is what I was thinking when I read the first post, too, waggin. If the guy's b***in' about unibodies and considering everything short of pick ups and most SUVs and the road today are unibodies how much damage is he doing to everyone else's cars when he's loading 'em?
I've got a buddy with a rollback with a 40' deck and an axle lift in the junk business. He's used to hauling junk into his yard and usually doesn't care how he pulls something on to the deck. But when he does work for me he takes the pains to make sure the car goes on the truck right. Hooks on the axles or attached to the k-frame/cradle, car in neutral. And this is a guy who scraps for a living! The guy who hauled your car is supposed to be a professional, what's his excuse?
Some have said complain, others have said don't. To me the damage isn't so bad that it can't be fixed. Roll it, weld it. But say something. If he's doing this to your car and b***in the whole time, with a unibody with four good tires and will roll easy, what he's doing to others' who might be along side the road needing assistance on triple A calls? His boss needs to know about his attitude and what he's been doing.

Would I be mad?Hell ya!Would I pay for the tow?Heck no!When he wouldn,t give me my car,I,d go talk to the Boss and explain the damage.Either pay for damage or thanks for the free tow.This is what I would do.

P.S Lazy Cooter!LOL

One more vote for mad as hell and why should your registration make any difference?

Looks like the operator takes pride in his equipment, should he not take pride in your car? Don't Know about Wisconsin, but I'm pretty sure any reputable tow truck operator carries cradle insurance which protects your car while it's on the hook. Make a claim.

By the way, looks like the company is called Grube's towing? Call them out here so anyone else in the area does not make the mistake of dealing with these turkeys. Looks like they have a website.

http://www.grubestowing.com/

I don't understand the registration issue. Since when did a car have to be registered to be hauled on a rollback? I would complain & spread the word. Classic cars need to be handled with some respect!

This is what Im wondering. If you were pulled over for driving unregistered they would have towed it anyway. Your car doesnt need to be registered to be towed, Thats why they have insurance.

Lazy tow truck drivers should be forced to pay for the damage they cause.....I'd be angry :angry7: There is no good reason to hook it there.

Maybe email a picture to the office?

The damage isn't that bad and could be easily repaired but I would call the boss after getting an estimate.....yea it's a hassle but the boss needs to know how your car was handled,I had a complaint about one of the drivers and looked into it for myself to find that the complaint was legitimate,I didn't fire the driver over that...but I did send him packin for not being truthful.I once had to pick up a car late in the day that was going long distance the following day,while on the rollback the car baked in the sun and shattered the windshield(wierdest thing I ever saw) but I paid to get a new windshield installed.The glass co.explained to the customer and all was well.that was the only damages I had to cover in the years I towed for a living.bye the way you got your duster lookin good!

-
Back