Toyota spindles?

-

Cuda416

Reaction score
Someone told me certain toyota spindles can be used for front end disc brake conversions on A-Bodies. Sounds a bit bizarre, but I've seen weirder things before. Is this actually a thing?

If there are spindles that could fit I wouldn't have any idea what they were. Also, the bolt pattern for the wheels would be wrong. Find some Mopar brakes.

Just to start with, it would have to be a rear wheel drive Toyota. What would that be? A truck? I think he was zooming you.

I believe Scarebird uses redrilled Toyota Previa (minivan) rotors with the original drum hubs with their conversion.

Looking a the scarebird stuff has me wondering of I misunderstood and what was described was in fact the hub being a toyo part and not the spindles. makes much more sense.

Not really. Loads of cars, even foreign ones used 5x4.50" (114.3mm). Some were 5x100mm, which is very close to the 4".
That's right. I have used Toyota wheels on my Plymouth. Some Ford wheels also work. 5 on 4.5 " bolt pattern. I also have a Powerglide tranny and a Ford 9 inch rear end in my race only 68 Valiant. Seems wrong, but whatever works! LOL

'79-'94 2wd pickups
Rwd Celica's
All have the same bolt pattern (5x4.5). Those are UCA/LCA style suspensions. These are the only possibilities. I have heard that Toyota spindle rumor before. The only to know is to measure them and compare to the mopar

'79-'94 2wd pickups
Rwd Celica's
All have the same bolt pattern (5x4.5). Those are UCA/LCA style suspensions. These are the only possibilities. I have heard that Toyota spindle rumor before. The only to know is to measure them and compare to the mopar

Not Celica, they're 4 bolt, but perhaps Cressida.

Scarebird's kits keep the Mopar spindles and hubs. They give you calipers and rotors from common Chevy, Toyota, and such, plus brackets to mount the calipers (main item).
Hardly an expert, but Mopar spindles look a bit unique in that they don't have a steering arm. That is part of the lower-ball joint. I think most other U.S. RWD cars have an arm integral w/ the spindle, as do my 1980's M-B cars. There are so many things that would have to be correct for a Toyota spindle to work that it seems unlikely. Also, many models of Toyota and most likely those spindles vary, so we don't even know what the guy was talking about.

-
Back