tranny drips fluid.

-

RAT ROD AL

MOPAR ARCHAEOLOGIST - one parts hoard at a time!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Installed a 904 in and it has a leak at the speedo cable nut. Pulled the speedo gear housing and gear and must be leaking at the seal in the housing where the stem of the gear rides.. Is that seal available anywhere and who might I check with. I don't remember if they come in the rebuild kits,( if they did I never used them ). Thanks for any help.

They are in the good kits, maybe not in the cheaper kits.
Find a local supplier like Transtar, or even stop in any local trans repair shop. If nobody local can help you, call A and A Trans or Cope racing, someone like that.
Looks like RockAuto.com has too. ATP part number SO13.

Installed a 904 in and it has a leak at the speedo cable nut. Pulled the speedo gear housing and gear and must be leaking at the seal in the housing where the stem of the gear rides.. Is that seal available anywhere and who might I check with. I don't remember if they come in the rebuild kits,( if they did I never used them ). Thanks for any help.
They are in the gasket and seal kit. I never saw a gasket set that didn't have one in it. While you're at it, also replace the speedometer Sleeve O-ring. There are two types (both fit all 904's from 1966 - on), one has a spring, the other doesn't. My choice would be to use the one with the spring.

If you don't want to buy a full kit, check out these guys...I've bought individual seals from them before
20180630_201757.jpg

-
Back