tranny slpping???

-

71_dart_swinger

Reaction score
so can anyone tell me y my tranny will barely move in any gear. i just had a tci shift kit put in the 727. it has 2800 stall tci converter and a deep pan and tranny cooler. i tested to see if pump is good and it pumps good. i have adjusted bands and still barely any motion ... the tranny might have about 500 miles on it can anyone help????

I would take it back to the tranny shop and let them fix it for you since something is not installed right. But if you installed the kit yourself then you have to start all over and maybe you will find the problem. I'm assuming that the trans was not slipping before the kit was installed however.

71_dart_swinger said:
yeah i had a tranny shop install it. so i will prob end up just takin it bakcto them.

That's good. You should let them deal with it since they installed it. Just curious did it shift correctly and all of sudden start slipping?

yeah i drove it back from shop and it felt a bit better but i didnt realy have a chance to get on it and see how it realy felt it sat for about 2 hours then i went to test it and it wouldnt go anywere

I know that in reverse when I first cranked up a 68 Charger I had it would slip until the pressure built up and then the car would start moving. It had a 727 with shift kit and 2800 stall convertor. Are you giving the car enough time to build up pressure?

71_dart_swinger said:
yeah id start it and let it run for a good 10 mins and still nothin lol no idea

Take it back to them bro! Ask them do they have a roll back to come get your car and don't charge you for it! Your having problems from what they did and has nothing to do with you.

By the way welcome to FABO and good luck!

Was the kick down linkage installed? if it wasn't I thinking your trans is burned up now.

Chuck

Remember a 727 or 904 does not pump in park...If you let it run 10 min. in park you have not done nothing...Must be in neutral or in a gear to pump....SOund like you have something leaking by inside the tranny though...Lee

well i just let it sit in nueltral long enough for the engine to get to about 180 and i got it to hoble around the block and its still not goin anywere

-
Back