Treasures found under the seats

-
A few years ago i was cleanining out my 72 roadrunner right after i got it had to pull up the carpet to run some speaker wire to the back and in thats when i found two poleroid pics of some of what looked like someones wife of girlfreind in her birthday suit and by the looks of her lady parts it was the 70's :) so that was kinda cool

I remember the 70's and I can't recall lady parts having changed any. LOL:toothy10::toothy10:

One 69 Swinger I bought I was putting in a new heater core in and found a bag of pot in the heater box...gotta love the 70's

the 70 340 swinger had about 40 track passes for a track out on the east coast of va uner the glove box, on the sill of the dash

While working on a friends 59 Caddy limo (9 passenger) found a whole sh#t load of ticket stubs from a outdoors X-rated drive-in.

Over the years I have found some coins, small screw drivers, make up, crayons, a rusty pocket knife, stuff like that.

One night after midnight I got pulled over in my 57', the cops were bored and spent over a half an hour searching my car.

They found a Frisbee I had lost track of, and under the dash, way up who knows where, they found a really old box of .22 ammo.

Then the cop shop radioed that I had a warrant from 5 years past.

I think we all know what happened next.

On the way to the police station, me in the back seat of the police car, I asked,
"why did you guys pull me over?"

The answer.... "we had a call of a car just like yours involved in a crime"

I said, "really?... A two tone light brown over brown 1957 two door Ford Ranch Wagon?"

Really?

The rest of the trip to the police station was very quiet.
Q

Have yet to find anything interesting. Except a dead mouse and scraps of my build sheet nearby :angry7: and a little 4H club necklace piece probably from the early '80s. Oh and when I pulled the gas tank I found a tag saying it was replaced in '76. That really threw me off as I was clueless as to why a gas tank would be replaced on a car less than 5 years after it was built

Hey streetdak, sorry to burst your bubble but "real" silver dollars were last minted in 1964.

Redlands??? Hey I used to live in San Bernardino. The GT doesn't sound familiar but your stomping grounds sure do. :-D
I'm afraid you couldn't get a 90% silver dollar even then. After the last Peace dollar was made in the 30's, the mint didn't make one with any silver until the Ike dollars....and those were only 40% and came only in mint and proof sets. 90% silver halves, quarters, and dimes were made up through '64, then discontinued. The halves went to 40% from '65-70 and in mint/proof sets after that.

Over the years I have found some coins, small screw drivers, make up, crayons, a rusty pocket knife, stuff like that.

One night after midnight I got pulled over in my 57', the cops were bored and spent over a half an hour searching my car.

They found a Frisbee I had lost track of, and under the dash, way up who knows where, they found a really old box of .22 ammo.

Then the cop shop radioed that I had a warrant from 5 years past.

I think we all know what happened next.

On the way to the police station, me in the back seat of the police car, I asked,
"why did you guys pull me over?"

The answer.... "we had a call of a car just like yours involved in a crime"

I said, "really?... A two tone light brown over brown 1957 two door Ford Ranch Wagon?"

Really?

The rest of the trip to the police station was very quiet.
Q
I had that pulled on me two years ago. Cop pulled me over to find out were the car in front of me went. Like I should know? Midnight in the middle of no were New Hampshire. Then he said that he had a report of a car like mine involved in harassing cows! Ya right the other 64 red Valiant convertible that is in this state.

when pulling out the dash of my 68 barracuda found plenty of roaches behind the ash tray. and not the bug type. were surely the left overs from the fellow i bought it from.

I had that pulled on me two years ago. Cop pulled me over to find out were the car in front of me went. Like I should know? Midnight in the middle of no were New Hampshire. Then he said that he had a report of a car like mine involved in harassing cows! Ya right the other 64 red Valiant convertible that is in this state.

Same sort of thing happened to me too. The cop said a car like mine was reported stolen. Right. An orange Cosworth Vega. I even asked him if the stolen car was a Cosworth & he said yes. 3508 total made & not all of them were orange. I was on my way home from a bar but he had no way of knowing that. He followed me for about a dozen blocks, around 2 corners & through 4 stop signs. 2 more blocks & I would've been home. At least I wasn't arrested.:cheers:

Sorry, nothing interesting under the seat.

Ha, the only thing I found in my cuda besides all the mouse bones is a dime under the carpeting and rear bench seat. I intend to tack it back in before the interior goes back in.

Some exotic weapon I don't know. If you were to drop it on your foot I'm thinking it would make a lasting impression.

I think its a martial arts weapon, call a hand cycle I think. Nice find , Keep us posted on your progress.

you was out cow tipping admit it come clean

I purchased a grabber blue 71 Ford Torino back in 88 in Ypsilanti,Mi. Found 2 ticket stubs to Disneyland from 1972. Guess it really was a California car

nothing exciting in the swinger besides some unopened condoms from way back when and a few roaches in the aspen (almost smoked all the way down to the point of needing a roach clip)

Nothing besides 4 build sheets in the newport all with my vin:cheers:

I found around 37 cents from 76' to the 80's haha and some sort or a little 5 cent toy from a little coin opperated machine that seemed really old. Found a nicely preserved dead mouse in the center console of a 68 charger too.

I found 10 live rounds of 9mm ammunition under the carpet of my '65 Barracuda. Freaked me out. Then I found holes that the previous owner marked and then shot for after market seats. Fastest drill in the west, I guess......

-
Back