Treasures found under the seats

-
So far I think the coolest thing was the notebook we found in my '74 Barracuda. The original owner kept a log of what he bought, how much it cost, and the mileage at which he bought/used it. For the first entry it states:

Date Item Price Mileage

1-24-74 car $3250 12 mi
1-24-74 sales tax $227.50 12 mi
1-24-74 Ziebart $100.58 12 mi
1-24-74 snow scraper $.39 12 mi

This notebook was carried on in the same manner until the last entry of 12-21-86 when he put in 13.3 gals of gas for $10.50 at 57,438 miles.

That's very cool documentation to have with a car. Should be worth a few extra $$ with it and the low mileage.

I bought my 68 Dart in Toronto. He got it in LA,California. When I was taking it apart I found a GI Joe head. The guy with the short beard and scar on his cheek.

When I was parting out the 64 Sport Fury last summer, the trunk was full of the original owners check stubs from 1968 when he worked at the Hamtramck plant. Also included were a letter from his insurance agent explaining why he was being dropped, something about an "exhibition of speed"!! Now, why after 40+ years of being around would someones check stubs be in the trunk of a car he hadn't owned in years??? Geof

I found this bag of pot in my heater box when I opened it up...Car hasnt been on the road since 1976.

Attachments

• 000_1043 (600 x 400).jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 120
I part a car or two just about every year and scrounge salvage yards when I can. I've found lots of odd stuff over the years but nothing really valuable. I've found lot's of spare change and hippie-related materials in the 60s and 70s cars. :rolleyes: The better things I've found were ram air vents and trim in a 70 Javelin under the driver's seat (one year deal), A gold Zippo lighter (plated) in the heater of a 72 Bonneville, and a lot of odd rings, bracelets, ear rings, etc. in various other cars - nothing worth much. :???: There weren't any seats in the 68 Javelin I'm parting this spring but I did find a couple of 45 caliber bullet holes when I pulled out the carpet. I bet that guy's ears were ringing for a while. :p

-
Back