Tribute to My Grandpa

-

ABodyBetty

Reaction score
It is going to be a very long weekend for me. Had to rent a car because I was afraid BOF would be bad and not get me down to my family. Saturday is the viewing. Sunday is the funeral and Monday is the burial. I was suppose to go back to work on Monday but guess what I am not. There is a debate going on whether I am entitled to funeral pay or not. My call back date is Monday and part of the funeral is Monday so I should get it, right? I have worked there 12 years and never used any funeral time, didn't call in not one time last year, have 240 hours of medical time and 80 hours of vacation time. Anyway I wanted to share you guys infor about my grandpa.

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']IN MEMORY OF[/font]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Carl William Frazier[/font]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Mr. Carl William Frazier, age 92, Brandenburg, KY, passed away Wednesday, December 30, 2009, at Baptist Hospital East surrounded by his loving family and the caring staff of 4 North at Baptist Hospital East. Carl was born July 26, 1917, in Florence, Indiana. He proudly served in the United States Army Air Corps as a marine engineer on PT boats and as a deep sea salvage diver in the Pacific theater during World War II. He was an avid hunter, scuba diver and fisherman. His greatest love was his family and his church. He retired from the Army Corps of Engineers as the Lock Master at Canaveral Locks at Cape Canaveral, Florida after 33 years of service. Mr. Frazier was preceded in death by his parents, William and Blanche Frazier, a Brother, Charles Frazier, two sisters, Margaret Holder and Catherine Wallick, two daughters, Patricia Kash Koester and Connie S. Ryan, and two grandchildren, Carl Robert Frazier, Jr. and Pamela Koester. He is survived by his loving wife of 73 years, Ruth Cardinal Frazier, two daughters, Carol (Bob) Bruns, Louisville, KY, Sheri (Kory) Swenson, Ekron, KY, a son, Carl R. (Peggy) Frazier, Brandenburg, KY, two sisters, Juanita Sheldon and Mary Foutty, both of Rising Sun, IN, twenty grandchildren, forty seven great grandchildren and fourteen great-great grandchildren. Funeral Services will be held at 2:00 PM on Sunday, January 3, 2009, from the Chapel of the Hager Funeral Home, with Rev. David Huff, officiating. Burial, with full military honors, will be at 11:00 AM on Monday, January 4, 2009, at the Kentucky Veterans Cemetery Central, Radcliff, KY. Friends may call at Hager Funeral Home from 6-9 PM on Saturday and after 8 AM on Sunday. Expressions of sympathy may take the form of contributions to Calvary Baptist Church, P.O. Box 1124, Brandenburg, KY 40108.[/font]

grandpa.jpg

Sorry to hear hope all goes well as it can. God bless.

Our thoughts, prayers, and condolences to you and your family.
Also, THANK YOU to your grandfather for his many years of service to our country. Another of America's GREATEST GENERATION.

So sorry to here about your granddad. Just know that he is in a much better place now. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

So very sorry about your grandfather!

Work is work and Family is Family! They will get over it. Be there for your grandfather!

Condolences Times like this are tough but be assured a future memory of his smile will bring one to you.

If it weren't for people like your Grandpa our lives would not be what they are today. His service to our country does not go unrecognized, for I only wish I could have told him that in person.:salute: Sorry for your loss, you and your family are in my prayers.

Sorry to hear of your loss and I will be praying for you and your family. I lost my father in September so I understand how difficult this time is...let the love your family shares hold you together until sunny days return.

Best,
Cindy

Dear ABB,
Our condolences and prayers to you and your family. Like the other guys stated, he was of the :salute:"Greatest Generation". :salute: My Father-In Law and your Grand Dad are up there trading stories now. :profiler: :glasses9:

GOD Bless you and Your Family.
:angel5:​

~The Gillespie's:
Mary, David, Gregory and Luke

You have our prayers. Thank you for sharing the obituary. It was very moving and relay to us the man your grandfather was: a man many strive to be.

My condolences ABodyBetty. He sounds like he was a great man and the world will be lesser with his loss. May he rest in peace.

i bet he got that beer up there . his suffering is over now. take the time off. we weren,t aloud to only mom or dad, missed alot of uncles and aunts. thats why i left that job. god bless als

-
Back