Trick Flow 440 heads, The Real Deal?

-
These things are flying off the shelf! Bout damn time somebody built a quality off the shelf head that flows good right out the box!

supply and demand. and the fact some claim the " REAL DEAL " lmao the magic bullet. lol
I think the price of the trickflow will skyrocket and the quality will suffer..

supply and demand. and the fact some claim the " REAL DEAL " lmao the magic bullet. lol
I think the price of the trickflow will skyrocket and the quality will suffer..

I'm hoping the quality isn't going to suffer right now. Same thing 440Source heads. The very first batch was good it was the second where they had a lot or problems. They've gotten their stuff together now but still sucked for the people in the second batch.

A bunch of hand wringing old women. Making unsubstantiated comments like these
last couple with no proof whatsoever is reckless and could cast false dispersions on a
good companies reputation. If you have proof of this forthcoming "poor quality" from
Trick Flow, fine. If not, then I wish you would just shut up. Comparing Trick Flow with
440 Source and others has no bearing whatsoever. Trick Flow is not a rookie in the
cylinder head business and I have never seen anything but top shelf componentry from
them. I'm sure they have the capability to catch up on the supply. That a superior product
sold out immediately on it's first production run after fantastic reviews should be a surprise
to no one.

Trick Flow makes heads that can make a small block Ford a total badass. You ever seen the ports on a 302? Any company that can do that, knows their stuff.

Comparing Trick Flow with 440 Source and others has no bearing whatsoever. [/QUOTE]
Huh???
That's pretty much this entire thread in a nutshell. Guys waiting to see how they compare
to Eddy's and Stealth's.
So far it seems they have a slight edge in the quality of Machining department but that should be expected. They do cost $1000. more than the stealth's.
Numbers in a non fuel burning non real world situation seem to be on par with the other companies offerings.
I do really like the fact that they are american built with some better looking parts. This does seems to be their best attribute revealed by the reveiws here thus far.
I wouldn't get to excited yet. The verdict is still out. Let's see if they make the numbers going down a track. At this point they haven't made more power than anyone else. Not in this thread
anyway.

Trick Flow makes heads that can make a small block Ford a total badass. You ever seen the ports on a 302? Any company that can do that, knows their stuff.

I sent mine to Jim Leroy! He is a fixture in the Mopar horse power community. He sang songs of praise for these heads! I trust him and value his opinion. These trick flows are the real deal. I will back these claims up with real world drag strip comparisons very soon.

Comparing Trick Flow with 440 Source and others has no bearing whatsoever.
Huh???
That's pretty much this entire thread in a nutshell. Guys waiting to see how they compare
to Eddy's and Stealth's.
So far it seems they have a slight edge in the quality of Machining department but that should be expected. They do cost $1000. more than the stealth's.
Numbers in a non fuel burning non real world situation seem to be on par with the other companies offerings.
I do really like the fact that they are american built with some better looking parts. This does seems to be their best attribute revealed by the reveiws here thus far.
I wouldn't get to excited yet. The verdict is still out. Let's see if they make the numbers going down a track. At this point they haven't made more power than anyone else. Not in this thread
anyway.[/QUOTE]

Are you ******* kidding? A slight edge? Your an idiot! I have a flow sheet to prove your talking out your ***!

Easy boy. Aint everybody got a flow sheet.

A bunch of hand wringing old women. Making unsubstantiated comments like these
last couple with no proof whatsoever is reckless and could cast false dispersions on a
good companies reputation. If you have proof of this forthcoming "poor quality" from
Trick Flow, fine. If not, then I wish you would just shut up. Comparing Trick Flow with
440 Source and others has no bearing whatsoever. Trick Flow is not a rookie in the
cylinder head business and I have never seen anything but top shelf componentry from
them. I'm sure they have the capability to catch up on the supply. That a superior product
sold out immediately on it's first production run after fantastic reviews should be a surprise
to no one.

ok then. quality will remain top notch. I will wait for real world performance imput before I pull the trigger, just hope the cost stays within what I'm willing to spend
2 grand is pretty fair for what trickflow is producing.

Easy boy. Aint everybody got a flow sheet.

Two top Mopar builders on this site have given high praise with nothing to gain. I have posted the flow numbers as have both builders. I guess every crowd has to have a negative nancy. Should just be happy the parts are finally available.

Two top Mopar builders on this site have given high praise with nothing to gain. I have posted the flow numbers as have both builders. I guess every crowd has to have a negative nancy. Should just be happy the parts are finally available.

I know. But dont let them affect how you do things. Just let them be miserable. lol

Your the idiot. I pulled the quote from above and was in disagreement because we dont even have a running engine here yet. It hasn't been shown what they can do. And yet you got these heads hailed up like they are something completly new and revolutionary.
The numbers posted throughout the thread are all over the place and all comparable with each other. Some of us want to see them In a real test pushing a car faster than what's available to us now in their price class so we can make up our own mind about how great these heads are.

settle down. you are the test mule I'm referring to, you are the only one I know of, who is replacing an RPM with a trickflow for an Et run.

Comparing Trick Flow with 440 Source and others has no bearing whatsoever.
I was speaking of the statement made that the 2nd run of Stealths suffered from degraded
quality compared to their first round of production. There is no basis whatsoever to the
assumption that the Trick Flows will suffer the same fate.

Also the current price on the 440 Source website for CNC Stealth heads is $999.95 each,
so the same for comparison purposes. CNC Stealths, although good flowing, are a notch
down from the OOTB Trick Flows. Same with CNC Edelbrocks.

I have a brand new pair of Stealths (non-CNC'd) that I may send up to Modern Cylinder
Head to have the porting done as they have the proprietary software and are the people
that do them for 440 Source. It's going to cost $1000.00+ to get them done so again, the
same price as Trick Flows and according to all published numbers when tested to the same
criteria, no slouch but definitely not as good.

I agree 100% that we need and want to see real results.

That said, there's no need for folks who normally get along to suddenly get hostile over it.

And there wasn't any history of 440Source heads having problems during their second run until they had problems. Do I think TrickFlow will have widespread problems, no. If I did I would have bought a set. With that said like everything that I order I'll be double checking it before it goes on the car. I mean I'm still waiting on a replacement set of cut to fit push rods and a checker push rod from Mancini because both the checker rod and cut to fits where the wrong length. Apparently their manufactur on the cut to fits boxed all the rods wrong, so even established manufacturers make mistakes.

I guess that some may argue that you can't believe anything the manufacturer tells you because
they have skin in the game but Trick Flow took out a full page ad in the new Mopar Muscle stating
that their dyno mule, a 0.30 over 10.5 to one 440 with a hydraulic cam ( I believe 242 @ 0.50 and
540 lift with 1.5 rockers) makes 620 hp on pump gas with the Trick Flow Powerport 240 heads and
intake.

Furthermore, they stated that a lot more power was available with a bigger cam but they wanted
to show what it could do in a typical streetable combination with what they called a mild camshaft.

I doubt very much that they would want to embellish these numbers on a product that is currently
under such critical scrutiny.

What embellish dyno numbers??
Just kidding OMM. No intent of argument, Just struck me as funny.

My 470 low deck was making around 660 hp with the new Trick Flow heads last time I had it on the dyno. The Trick Flow test numbers seem reasonable to me. If I built a 440 like theirs I'd expect roughly 600 hp also. The heads are very nice right out of the box. I don't think there is a better value on the market right now for a street/strip BB head.

The 2 500's in my shop are close, just have finish up a few things and they will be on the dyno soon. I'm hoping to go a back to back with them both to compare them. Low deck and tall deck 500s

I'm hoping the quality isn't going to suffer right now. Same thing 440Source heads. The very first batch was good it was the second where they had a lot or problems. They've gotten their stuff together now but still sucked for the people in the second batch.
IDK what "batch" mine are but I bought a set of cnc Stealth heads in 2012. The only thing I did not like was the amount of work the pushrod holes needed to get enough clearance for the pushrods. I've been running them for over two years now and love them. The only upgrade I did to them was to discard the springs, retainers and locks they came with and install COMP parts. I had a good cylinder head shop check them over and mill them .050". The guy was very impressed with them especially considering the price.

I did not read the entire thread so I apologize if someone already answered this. Do the Trick Flow heads have longer than stock valves like Indy heads or Eddy Victors?

-
Back