Trick Flow 440 heads, The Real Deal?

-
Just checked my order status on Summit and it says my heads are expected to arrive on 12/20!!! I haven't gotten a tracking number so idk if that's when summit will get the or I will. I thought it was to be direct shipped to me from TF though. But it sounds like Santa might be bringing me my heads in time for Christmas.

Just checked my order status on Summit and it says my heads are expected to arrive on 12/20!!! I haven't gotten a tracking number so idk if that's when summit will get the or I will. I thought it was to be direct shipped to me from TF though. But it sounds like Santa might be bringing me my heads in time for Christmas.

Trick Flow is owned by Summit so it all comes out of the same system.

I'm jealous. Mine says 1/29

My orders just updated with in the last couple of days. I was 1/7 then 1/27 and now 12/20. I know TF said they sold out the first small batch (the ones that people already have) thier 2nd batch (the batch it sounds like my heads are in) and I think their 3rd batch is sold out as well (3rd batch is going to be worked after the new year).

Man... They pushed it back another week. The heads don't bother me too much, I can't do anything without the other 2 items that are also back ordered.

I swapped the cam, intake and carb on my 470. Best combo so far made 675 hp and 630 ft-lbs of torque. Running unleaded fuel with 10.5 compression. I'd like to hit 700 hp but I think it will take a custom cam and some intake porting to get there.

Attachments

• DSC_9323 (Large).jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 898
AndyF, could you post the specs of that engine? I've got a 400 and looking to build a stroker, but want some longevity.

I think that will make a fine street strip engine Andy.
What are the cam spec's in there now?

I hope to have my trick flows bolted into my 383 this weekend and measuring for new pushrods. In less then two weeks I can report back from the seat of the pants dyno!

AndyF, could you post the specs of that engine? I've got a 400 and looking to build a stroker, but want some longevity.

400 block with 3.91 crank, 6.700 rods and Diamond dish pistons. TF heads, Ultradyne solid roller cam (259/.650 lift), Mopar M1 intake, 1050 Dominator carb. 10.5 compression running unleaded premium non-ethanol gas.

Andy, Are you using an intake with a 4150 mounting pad and then the Wilson adapter?
It seems that although these manifolds can be had with the larger 4500 mounting that
everyone funnels it down. Something about velocity?

675Hp via .650 lift, and 10.5 compression. thats pretty stinking awesome! andy, what rpm is the peak power at??

Andy, Are you using an intake with a 4150 mounting pad and then the Wilson adapter?
It seems that although these manifolds can be had with the larger 4500 mounting that
everyone funnels it down. Something about velocity?

No, I use the Mopar 4500 M1 intake. It is a very good intake but most people don't seem to know it exists. Mopar doesn't even charge very much money for it so it is a super good deal. I'm running it right out of the box although I could pick up some power if I did a gasket match.

Attachments

• DSC_9321 (Large).jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 837
675Hp via .650 lift, and 10.5 compression. thats pretty stinking awesome! andy, what rpm is the peak power at??

Torque peak of 630 ft-lbs is at 5100 rpm, HP peak of 675 hp is at 6100 rpm. This is with the Dominator carb and the smaller cam. I tried a larger cam that peaked a few hundred RPM higher, but the lower speed torque was off a lot. Seems like the smaller cam works better in this combo but I'm still working on it. I'm trying to figure out what to do next with the cam.

I also need to play around with some different carb spacers, try some different spark plugs and play with the ignition timing. So far I've just been running it at 35 degrees of advance so there might be some more power hiding in the ignition. Dyno time is expensive so I can't always test everything I want to.

I'm still waiting on the right checking pushrod from Mancini...been a month and they still can't get it right. Once I get that then I can get my pushrods cut and get this thing together.

Thanks Andy. Is there a big penalty for running the carb directly on the manifold (due to hood clearance)?

You give up some hp when running the carb directly on the intake. Maybe 10 hp on an engine like this. On an engine that isn't making as much power the difference would be less.

Andy, you said you have other s/rollers. With Oregon and Delta in your area why dont you try a regrind? To WAG how about a 254 int(like an ex comp roller) with a 270s@50 exh.(whatever you have on hand, just cut the int lobe widen the lsa to 112)in at 110.Just throwing that out there.
Joe

-
Back