Tti header fitment

-

coreyg

Reaction score
Anyone else need to bash in one of the runners to get the tti headers to fit.

20181105_111100.jpg

Engine centered correctly?

Mine actually hit the head. TTI took them back. Fixed there jig. Fixed my Header. Recoated them & sent them back. NO Charge! Great company.

IMG_24961.jpg

Check the motor mounts to see if they are sagging. My exhaust was a really tight fit. Found one of the mounts was sagging about 1/4". Replaced mount and its like night and day.
However looking at your pic, it looks like the engine would actually need to go down some.
What kind of engine mounts, Biscuit or spool?

The conversion headers I got from them did not fit my A body Cuda when trying to install a 6.1 with torsion bars. Left bar and left header both tried to occupy some of the same space. Went with an AlterKtion suspension and the TTIs that are made for the AlterK. Now have tons of room!

Loosen all the motor mount bolts thru the motor and frame.
Using a suitable piece of wood under the pan,and use a jack to lift the motor.
Use pry bar to shift the engine around and get the t/ bar in place, tighten bolts and recheck.
I have also had success using a ratchet strap around a torsion bar or trans to "adjust" the tube without a hammer.
I ofen use a belt sander and file to change the angle the header leaves the head, to gain clearance.
Loosening the bolts and shifting the trans can help.
Good luck

Last edited:
Is that picture of a header tube?
Looks like it may be a head pipe.

Loosen all the motor mount bolts thru the motor and frame.
Using a suitable piece of wood under the pan,and use a jack to lift the motor.
Use pry bar to shift the engine around and get the t/ bar in place, tighten bolts and recheck.
I have also had success using a ratchet strap around a torsion bar or trans to "adjust" the tube without a hammer.
I ofen use a belt sander and file to change the angle the header leaves the head, to gain clearance.
Loosening the bolts and shifting the trans can help.
Good luck
I will give that a shot thanks

No go. I tried pushing the engine toward the passenger side. I pulled the engine forward. I got the torsion bar in but now the drivers motor mount doesnt sit all the way down.

20181106_170151.jpg

Yep. What fklskv said. Shim it!

In the original pic, though it looks like just a minor love tap needed on the header tube to get the t bar in place.

Went with a thicker motor mount, and the header just kissed the t bar. So I loosened all the motor mount nuts, ratchet strapped to the header and tightened toward the passenger side, and then tightened everything back up now I have about 3/16" space.

Post #16 finally shows the rest of the story. Aftermarket K-frame and mounts. Helps to know up front.
The QA1 K frame has the factory motor mount points. And the tti motor mount plate are for the biscuit style motor mounts. How would my set up be any different if it was a stock k frame?

-
Back