Tubular K frame with a rack and torsion bars

-

10secondart

Reaction score
CAP Auto Products has just completed our design of our Tubular K member with a rack and pinion. The complete system with spindles weighs only 86 pounds and is designed for torsion bar cars. This is a front steer with the correct Ackerman and Bump steer geometry. Our system uses the factory locations for ALL components including your factry spindles. That's right no MUSTANG spindles on your Mopar! Use the spindles you hve with NO alterations what so ever! Check it out at our website.

Tell us you saw our stuff on this website and earn a DISCOUNT! Tell us you saw us on "For A bodies Only" to cash in on any order.

Ray
www.capautoproducts.com

K Rack Post.jpg

Nice! Looks like a GREAT product to me! I'm going this route w/ my front suspension!

I am interested in the front steer rack n pinion. Can you tell me what wheel back spacing and wheel diameter will fit your lower ball joint steering arms? Can you provide details on the lower ball joint steering arms? Which spindles do these fit? 73-76 only? or the earlier smaller bolt spindles ?

I went to look at your site for updates on the system but couldn't find any details for the front steer option, including pricing.

Cool setup....no Sway bar??..And what is the difference in wheel clearance with the rack that way?.....Do you give a discount if you buy two?:thumbup:

Thank you for your comments. Always welcomed. Evildrken, call me and we can do something.

Thanks again to teh website for the opportunity to show our products!

Ray

Looks very nice, I am interested in more information as well.

I would be hard pressed to buy anything from CAP, since they have not responded publicly (that I've seen) to the issue of "warping during powder coating" I seriously doubt that is possible. But the guy had an issue not once, but twice. And the public perception is CAP won't make it right.

So step up boys. Tell us why your piece isn't sturdy enough to stand up to powdercoating. And do you advise your customers NOT to do that, or just let them do it knowing they're screwing themselves? And if you don't advise against powdercoating, why haven't you made it right with this guy? You replaced the cracked one.

I'm betting the one he has now wouldn't have fit even before the coating. I bet it was jacked from square one.

All I want is the other side of the story. An explanation why they won't defend their product and their reputation. And if their explanation is sound, I for one won't post on this subject again.

you may want to read through this thread before considering that junk. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=37847

if you want a tube k-frame with r&p steering do yourself a favor and get a prooven on that works and doesn't fall apart. get the alter-k-tion.

Thanks I had not seen that yet. I read that whole thread and that whole thing seems kinda iffy. I am not going to get into that subject but it does seem a bit odd that CAP did not post in that thread even once.... I am not going to let that throw out my opinion on this stuff though, but I would like to hear some info on this from CAP.

Thanks I had not seen that yet. I read that whole thread and that whole thing seems kinda iffy. I am not going to get into that subject but it does seem a bit odd that CAP did not post in that thread even once.... I am not going to let that throw out my opinion on this stuff though, but I would like to hear some info on this from CAP.

hey its your money and your life. just better not be my family you hit when that junk breaks under the front of your car.

Maybe the product is okay but it's very strange that CAP has not chimed in even once. If you read that entire thread, CAP is blaming the bent K Member on powder coating and air ride suspension, both having nothing to do with bending it - any sane person would agree. Perhaps 99% of CAP parts are great and this part was just a product of probability laws with a fluke flaw. If that's the case, why not do the honorable thing and give the money back? Maybe fwaugh (the owner of the bent part) is full of ****. If so, why doesn't 10secondart (CAP) defend himself? I think he sees that the bait has been cast and he knows that he'll get crushed when he bites.

The image above is an artists rendition of something and not an actual photo of the assembly. I'll pass.

Maybe the product is okay but it's very strange that CAP has not chimed in even once. If you read that entire thread, CAP is blaming the bent K Member on powder coating and air ride suspension, both having nothing to do with bending it - any sane person would agree. Perhaps 99% of CAP parts are great and this part was just a product of probability laws with a fluke flaw. If that's the case, why not do the honorable thing and give the money back? Maybe fwaugh (the owner of the bent part) is full of ****. If so, why doesn't 10secondart (CAP) defend himself? I think he sees that the bait has been cast and he knows that he'll get crushed when he bites.

hell that k-frame cracked twice then got beefier and built bent. and i have heard of guys that have the cap upper arms that have been breaking. like to find out more about that.

hey its your money and your life. just better not be my family you hit when that junk breaks under the front of your car.

Wow... you do not need to make threats... I understand that your opinion is strong on the subject, but I like to hear more opinions before I make my decision on the matter. If there are more horror stories on this companies products I would like to hear them... just have not heard them yet. I have not done much research on them yet, as I have not been ready to purchase anything, but I will do research before I buy.

I would not intentionally put any family at risk by running something dangerous on the street...

Wow... you do not need to make threats... I understand that your opinion is strong on the subject, but I like to hear more opinions before I make my decision on the matter. If there are more horror stories on this companies products I would like to hear them... just have not heard them yet. I have not done much research on them yet, as I have not been ready to purchase anything, but I will do research before I buy.

I would not intentionally put any family at risk by running something dangerous on the street...

Unfortunatly sometimes someone has to be a bit gruff on the situation it's a product like this that causes guys like E'berg to publically bash any aftermarket suspension system and try and ruin the market for the rest of us. If CAP doesn't want to make a public statement theres only one opinion I can form, while he may be a small company if he wants to have any reputation he should make some sort of statement about it. I don't think abodyjoe is being at all threatening but if you feel like you can believe CAP's belief that if you powdercoat their product it will be extremely weak then you'll have to live with whatever consequence that comes from that. because if say a half hour in an oven at 300-400 degrees weakens these parts their not using the best quality metals in the first place.

not making any threats. bottom line is this guys k-frame cracked two or three times. they reinforced it and welded it crooked. then i have heard that their upper control arms are cracking. i would like to hear a little more about that but bottom line is you would be nuts to put that system in your car. the reason you don't hear alot of opinions is that there aren't alot of cap front ends on the road. probably for good reason. and the reason you haven't heard from cap is i have to assume there isn't much to say about it. his product broke twice and was assembled wrong the last time. you want a tube front end then go get the best. an alter-k-tion. you won't hear one problem with them. you will hear nothing but good things about them and rms's customer service. there are alot of them out on the street and the race track.

Dartboy, check out fwaugh's post(s) on the CAP K member. Sold him one that cracked. Took it back in return for one that had more reinforcement. That one bent due to powdercoating. Would not return 1/2 of the money! The buyer offered half because he believed it really did bend when he had it powdercoated.

-
Back