Tubular K frame

-
as he will explain to you that is the tubular k frame for $495.00 after that you need to aquire a pinto steer rack, spindles ,control arms, coilovers,ect. As you would if you were buying for a gm or ford

I wonder if he will provide part numbers for all the items I need?

Justin Kill at OVERKILL RaceCars is making some killer stuff http://www.overkillracecars.com/Home_Page.html

Here's a thread of a 69 Dart he is building... caution there maybe some, well lots of bad language lol http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238442

I just read that entire thread... Justin makes a sick K frame for sure.. He said it would be fine on the street but a lil noisy on the street bc of the Heim joints.http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4350603&postcount=68

I wonder If I could use my RMS UCA's with his set up?

quote=uscg charger;1195267]i wonder if he will provide part numbers for all the items i need?[/quote]

yes he will. Hemidenny is just a regular guy easy to talk to. Just drop him an email

[email protected]

I just read that entire thread... Justin makes a sick K frame for sure.. He said it would be fine on the street but a lil noisy on the street bc of the Heim joints.http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4350603&postcount=68

I wonder If I could use my RMS UCA's with his set up?

I just found out that I could use my UCA's from RMS with this set up.. He said that the K-member, LCA's and shock mount your looking at $999.00 but he has a holiday special going and if you order before the end of the year i will give you 10% off and free freight

it would take about 2 weeks to get everything built and shipped from time of order. Then it looks like pinion steering from a rustang and coil overs.

yes he will. Hemidenny is just a regular guy easy to talk to. Just drop him an email

I PM'ed him hope fully he gets back to me.

I'm sure he will he said abou two weeks ago he had six k frames ready to go. The post was was on the welcome wagon forum "a bodies big motors" page 15 post 299

Hello fellow A-Body enthusiasts, I've been working on a Chromoly K Member with stock spindels. Its currently installed in my 72 Dart and I went 9.60's at 140 mph. Here's some pics, feel free to give me your thoughts/opinions/comments, thanks.

Attachments

• A Body K Member.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 387
  • K Member A-Arm.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 378
  • K Member.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 378
  • K Member-Complete.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 373
wow sweet i wish i had the ability to make one of these! Do you mind saying how much $$ you have into it?

looks great,,and using the stock spindals is a nice option for a lot of guys,,,,

Hello fellow A-Body enthusiasts, I've been working on a Chromoly K Member with stock spindels. Its currently installed in my 72 Dart and I went 9.60's at 140 mph. Here's some pics, feel free to give me your thoughts/opinions/comments, thanks.
I'd like to talk to you at length if you have some time (630)276-9304 ask for John

I received some great pictures of this new K frame.. Everything looks to be very well thought out which shows in the build.

Attachments

• 284.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 324
  • 024.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 286
  • 017.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 324
  • 012.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 333
  • 011.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 322
  • 004.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 328
  • 002.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 336
  • 001.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 334
  • 285.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 330
as he will explain to you that is the tubular k frame for $495.00 after that you need to aquire a pinto steer rack, spindles ,control arms, coilovers,ect. As you would if you were buying for a gm or ford
like I said .much cheaper then the other guys.

Hello....probably getting into this late, by my 2 cents....I am running a Magnumforce in my 66 Valiant.....PIECE OF ****....we sent the steering links back 4 times..they never got them right..ended up welding and cutting to get them as close as possible. FYI!! if you use a tube chassis, you MUST use the front shock brace kit, or make your own braces..you lose sooooo much stability ( at lest I did) my car is all over the road!

Hello....probably getting into this late, by my 2 cents....I am running a Magnumforce in my 66 Valiant.....PIECE OF ****....we sent the steering links back 4 times..they never got them right..ended up welding and cutting to get them as close as possible. FYI!! if you use a tube chassis, you MUST use the front shock brace kit, or make your own braces..you lose sooooo much stability ( at lest I did) my car is all over the road!

Yup that's definitely been thought of. This K frame has been in R&D for the past yr on his personal car (street and strip) 9.60 btw 8)

Not much side load reinforcement. Diagonals on bottom only support the rack.

Probably fine for drag car.

I would guess the biggest question for alot of us is which tubular k frame is suited for autocross and hard handling? For those WHO are not just satisfied with just navigating a straight line.

Not that one.

you(Autoxcuda)..my friend...as we say..have your **** together...all your posts are on the money....almost like you read my mind.....are you from the future??

you..my friend...as we say..have your **** together...all your posts are on the money....almost like you read my mind.....are you from the future??

lol I would like to know the lottery numbers for the next mega ball... that way I can just but a fighter jet and stop playing with these kid toys. :toothy10:

you..my friend...as we say..have your **** together...all your posts are on the money....almost like you read my mind.....are you from the future??

:spiderma:

Seriously, no. I just have studied and had classes on Engineering Statics. Just use a Free-Body-Diagram... And had to work on a lot of race cars smashing into things (circle track).

The more I read, the more I learn.....I realize not everyone will like everything that's put out there. I've put alot of thought and effort into this K Member and I feel it's quite comparable to others on the market today. Can things be improved, of course! This was something I made for myself and thought there might be other mopars guys interested, that's why I'm sharing it. For those of you that are interested, I am willing to hear and work anyone interested, for those of you not interested, so be it. Wouldn't it be a boring world if we all had the same ideas, thoughts.....and CARS!

Tory

The more I read, the more I learn.....I realize not everyone will like everything that's put out there. I've put alot of thought and effort into this K Member and I feel it's quite comparable to others on the market today. Can things be improved, of course! This was something I made for myself and thought there might be other mopars guys interested, that's why I'm sharing it. For those of you that are interested, I am willing to hear and work anyone interested, for those of you not interested, so be it. Wouldn't it be a boring world if we all had the same ideas, thoughts.....and CARS!

Tory

And these are specialized parts. It's not on size fits all. What's lightweight and best for a drag car might not/probably be best for a car setup for handling. There is no obligation for you to be all things to all people.

It would be interesting to see a bar across the K near the center line of the lower ball joints. Maybe a removable one?

But I think very tough because of the oil sump locations. The darn small block mopar has a low rear sump section just to cover the oil pump that sits on the rear cap. Without that rear pump that pan could move up 1" maybe more depending on crank stroke.

-
Back