Tubular Lower Control Arm Thread

-
They are lighter for one, and they can correct bump steer.

Seriously? Lighter??? Weighing cars in ounces these days are we? I can go on and on about making something lightweight...nylon fasteners, titanium, carbon fiber, etc etc. I wouldnt consider a heim joint setup any lighter than a tie rod end...if it is, it is VERY minimal. Im sure there are plenty of other places to save weight on these cars.
As for adjustability...I can see that, but if you have factory geometry suspension, you wont get the steering angle much better than it already is. Im glad some other people realize this as well...
Sorry to Hi-Jack...

for street....I'll side with Kyle....and take the greaseable tie rod end anyday!

.03 worth...you know...inflation!

Seriously? Lighter??? Weighing cars in ounces these days are we? I can go on and on about making something lightweight...nylon fasteners, titanium, carbon fiber, etc etc. I wouldnt consider a heim joint setup any lighter than a tie rod end...if it is, it is VERY minimal. Im sure there are plenty of other places to save weight on these cars.
As for adjustability...I can see that, but if you have factory geometry suspension, you wont get the steering angle much better than it already is. Im glad some other people realize this as well...
Sorry to Hi-Jack...

Whoa. simmer down. I have owned quite a few of these cars and more times than not they have had bent or twisted stock adjusters. If you ask me they are weak at best. I realize that they are cheap, but they are nothing more than a rolled piece of metal with a couple of clamps. Impossible to adjust without twisting them when they have been on the car for a while.

for street....I'll side with Kyle....and take the greaseable tie rod end anyday!

.03 worth...you know...inflation!

I hear you Denny, but how much do most of us actually drive our cars? I agree that on a daily driver it may not be a smart move, but on a weekend steet/strip machine, sure. I would much rather replace a heim joint over a tie rod end anyday.

Whoa. simmer down. I have owned quite a few of these cars and more times than not they have had bent or twisted stock adjusters. If you ask me they are weak at best. I realize that they are cheap, but they are nothing more than a rolled piece of metal with a couple of clamps. Impossible to adjust without twisting them when they have been on the car for a while.

You have a point about them possibly being bent over the years. I dont see the real need for them but to each their own.

I hear you Denny, but how much do most of us actually drive our cars? I agree that on a daily driver it may not be a smart move, but on a weekend steet/strip machine, sure. I would much rather replace a heim joint over a tie rod end anyday.

what's amusing about that comment is it's so true! I hear crap like that all the time... ya know... solid roller / spool / elec fan / elec fuel pump / elec water pump.... bla bla bla not good for the street but these guys with these "original/stock" type stuff you hardly ever see on the street but time and time again you read post how their stuff is broke down with their "daily driver muscle car" :color:

What are you waiting for??? Get out there.

Coil-overs, wheels, and master cylinder..oh and steering box seals. lol

And, haven't worked but a couple days the last 2 weeks due to physical therapy on my neck and being sick on top of that....so funds are gettin a lil low. Hopefully here in the next 2 weeks they'll be ordered.

These look Great Badart, you're doing the Mopar Community a great service, especially with the offer to share part numbers etc. Certainly appreciated over here in Australia too. How do you think the control arms and strut rods would hold up to a beating on an autocross car? More the strut rods really, those arms certainly look damn strong......

For what it is worth. I beat the SNOT out of my Long Travel Sand Car 600HP for a very long time. It had Heims on it everywhere with 22" of Travel on each corner. I am talking going over 4 Foot Bumps at over 100MPH, jumping it 15' in the air and doing Wheelies like a CR 500 for 5 Seasons straight and NEVER did a Heim Fail or need to be replaced. On our cars the Heims will last a lifetime.

These look Great Badart, you're doing the Mopar Community a great service, especially with the offer to share part numbers etc.

Absolutely, some people do share freely, others don't... DAMHIK!

I'll spend money with those that extend some good will before the other group. John is in the first group that will get my money!

Saw these parts first hand at MATS. Very high quality parts. Beefy construction. Couldn't ask for nicer folks to deal with, also.

:thumbup:

Saw these parts first hand at MATS. Very high quality parts. Beefy construction. Couldn't ask for nicer folks to deal with, also.

:thumbup:

I agree very much...look forward to buy some parts this summer...

Welcome back John, how did things go, looks like you may have drummed up some business.

Cannot wait to order a set for my 66 cuda!! what are the chances of having a set around May25 2012 is thier a long list. will you be at Mopars in the park

Sounds great guys. I have a couple of sets made up right now. Just so you know, I am changing the design on the coilover tabs. It is more user friendly and will accept all coilovers that use a 1/2" bolt. The ones that I currently use require trimming for misalignment spacers.

It would be great to see your set up at Mopars in the Park. Fantastic 2 day show. Largest in the upper Midwest. You won't be disappointed. :burnout:

Finally ordered the coil overs and wheels yesterday!!

Emailed Dr. Diff about one of his master cylinders, that should be ordered within the next few days. Can't wait to get started!!

-
Back