Tunnel ram or no tunnel ram...

-
Im thinking about fiberglass good with hole in it and stacks sticking out…

IMG_5091.jpeg

I'm going to do a bigger version of that scoop you have
I was worried that it will look out of proportion with bigger one. I will try that glass hood with tall stacks. Don’t know what hood to buy and doing some research. Shipping to Europe will be crazy but what can I do…

I was worried that it will look out of proportion with bigger one. I will try that glass hood with tall stacks. Don’t know what hood to buy and doing some research. Shipping to Europe will be crazy but what can I do…
Take a look at the 71 pro stock cars, it's huge and looks bad ***

This is new tunnel ram combo I just finished up. It’s a 605ci 11.5:1 pump gas hemi with 500 shot.
The BG carbs are just for show. These are 3 circuit carbs that will not do in street conditions as they are.
I will be ordering a pair of 2 circuit dominators for this early next year. This is going into 67 Coronet so I’m not putting much info on it here. This should be fun ;-)

View attachment 1716181543

View attachment 1716181544
I like it. Looks familiar. But mine has 2 kits with 500+ each capability.

rsz_20160414_201144.jpg

rsz_20160414_201129.jpg

I always get a kick out of these should I shouldn’t I posts, hell you’re not talking about screwing your wife’s sister. It’s just parts and you’re not dead yet. That’s a nice looking tunnel ram that needs a pair of TQs on it! lol

I'm pretty proud of my tunnel ram,
It is the ugliest tunnel ram on the Internet.

I like it. Looks familiar. But mine has 2 kits with 500+ each capability.

View attachment 1716181835

View attachment 1716181836
Coronet with that 605 ran 8.00 1/4 with full interior. Now plan is to make it more of a street strip situation without loosing the balls on it. I am tempted to do some more work on that intake, but first need to get the carbs and see where I am.

I always get a kick out of these should I shouldn’t I posts, hell you’re not talking about screwing your wife’s sister. It’s just parts and you’re not dead yet. That’s a nice looking tunnel ram that needs a pair of TQs on it! lol
Thing is that for people in Europe this hobby is way more expensive due to shipping and taxes. Spending few thousand $ for stuff that doesn’t really do much and is practically impossible to sell on local market needs to be justified at least for people on budget like me.
Also threads like this help others, I have to admit that I wanted this a lot from the very beginning but also got a great insight from more experienced and avoided mistakes or stupid expenses along the way.

Looks like a waiting game for me. The vendor is waiting on the intake to ship from Indy. I sure liked the old days better, you ordered it, boom it was at your door in a few days.

470” low deck
6.700 chevy rods
Molnar 3.91” stroke crank
10.6:1 -12cc step dish piston
Solid roller 254 @ .050
Trick flow 240 heads
Twin 750’s built by bigs
Runs 9.80’s on pump gas driving to the track.

what gearing in the rear end ??

Thing is that for people in Europe this hobby is way more expensive due to shipping and taxes. Spending few thousand $ for stuff that doesn’t really do much and is practically impossible to sell on local market needs to be justified at least for people on budget like me.
Also threads like this help others, I have to admit that I wanted this a lot from the very beginning but also got a great insight from more experienced and avoided mistakes or stupid expenses along the way.
Everything we do with our cars is expensive now days, we have $1,000 carburetors, intake manifolds, headers etc… If you need to justify the cost of building your car it can’t happen. If you justify it by building it the way you want you will be much more successful and satisfied with your results. Me personally I have found that if I compromise I’m never happy with it…

IMG_20230926_110420587_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230902_113150438_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230820_113420092_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230902_113116888_HDR.jpg

This was a lot of work, but the work paid off as this standard port tunnel ram only fell off from peak 5800 to 6800, 60 HP.
Prh told me he tested this same manifold untouched and it was over 120 HP.
It's ugly on the outside but inside it's beautiful.
I love burr finish, my 1st burr finish too.

Coronet with that 605 ran 8.00 1/4 with full interior. Now plan is to make it more of a street strip situation without loosing the balls on it. I am tempted to do some more work on that intake, but first need to get the carbs and see where I am.
Nice, mine is street/strip also. I drive it all over. Neighbors don't like it that much though.

Everything we do with our cars is expensive now days, we have $1,000 carburetors, intake manifolds, headers etc… If you need to justify the cost of building your car it can’t happen. If you justify it by building it the way you want you will be much more successful and satisfied with your results. Me personally I have found that if I compromise I’m never happy with it…
I don’t compromise much, I can’t afford stuff that fails. That said imagine for a second how would you feel paying 50% more than you see on summit website just because you are far away for every single thing.
I also have billet carbs, very nicely ported heads, and everything best I can afford. This hobby is a money pit but it doesn’t justify wasting money on stupid moves that bring zero results. I try to research before I make a move that’s all.

View attachment 1716182029

View attachment 1716182031

View attachment 1716182032

View attachment 1716182033
This was a lot of work, but the work paid off as this standard port tunnel ram only fell off from peak 5800 to 6800, 60 HP.
Prh told me he tested this same manifold untouched and it was over 120 HP.
It's ugly on the outside but inside it's beautiful.
I love burr finish, my 1st burr finish too.
Send it over, I will make it look nice on the outside if you want ;-)

-
Back