Turn That Crap Down!!!

-
Yeah, I’m a guitar player. I learned guitar in the 70’s and was, and still am, a big Clapton fan. There’s no good rock stuff anymore. I don’t want to hear Rap anything. Rap Country is the worst thing ever. I thought Boiled peanuts were the worst thing that could have come out of the south!
We have a local guy who has made it big singing that "country rap". I call it crap. I'm glad he's from here. I'm glad he made it big. But whenever I hear somebody talkin about "Demun Jones is playin next weekend" I just smile and nod. That is NOT my cup of tea. lol

Going to see the Steve Miller Band later this month, I’ll report back. Oh yeah, we have V.I.P. Tickets.
Steve Miller band at the Met Center in Bloomington, MN 1988 was my first concert. It rocked! Had great floor seats and they were still $20.

They shouldn't be messing with customers cars. That was a no no when I worked at any dealership.
No one touches a customer's radio. These are all loaner vehicles or used cars that are being reconditioned for resale. The GM had to get involved when a used car started blasting NSFW hip hop on a test drive.

I will admit im stuck in the past when it comes to music. Theres lots to choose from. The occasional recent tune makes it into my collection on my phone.
Country music on the radio, forget it, they only play a dozen songs over and over.
What sends me over the edge is a local am talk radio station that some people insist on listening to. Impossible to work with that playing in the background. Radio gets switched off in all customers cars.
My shop plays stingray radio, but even that gets a little repetetive.

No one touches a customer's radio. These are all loaner vehicles or used cars that are being reconditioned for resale. The GM had to get involved when a used car started blasting NSFW hip hop on a test drive.
Yes you can tell a lot about a car’s transmission by the radio station playing :lol:

I've listened to the same station since it's inception Sept 22 1977. Q107 in Toronto
Back then it was all classic rock and about ten years ago it started playing new stuff like Alice in Chains etc.
It's one of the best around I think anyway.
Listening to Eddy Vetter (Black) right now while I type. He's great!!
The Q plays a lot of Zep and Floyd and AC/DC. Probably why I wear hearing aids now lol
I turn the station when Springsteen or Kiss comes on, can't stand either one of them.

Can’t stand kiss. What? One of the classic hair bands. Good beat, decent guitar, lyrics suck off the wall costumes. Saw them live in wpg. Not really good but classic.

Gene Simmons is gross. Don't know how Shannon Tweed stands him.. Maybe it's the $$$$$$$$

Last edited:
This isnt my favorite, but came out within the last 10 yrs and I found it to be entertaining. They call it a 'mash up'. sort of a what a DJ would do. (WWDJD?)

Can’t stand kiss. What? One of the classic hair bands. Good beat, decent guitar, lyrics suck off the wall costumes. Saw them live in wpg. Not really good but classic.
Somethin's wrong with you if you don't like KISS. They put on probably the BEST show in the music industry. They're what a rock band is all about. I've always liked um.

Well, I’m 63 and don’t consider myself old and I most definitely don’t turn it down. I do the oldies (50’s early 60’s) classic rock, no country unless the early Charlie Daniel’s is considered country (southern rock is my stand) and burned out about 12 years ago on the same stuff on the local stations.

Changed to Rockabilly, Jerry Lee Lewis boogie woogie, Reverend Horton Heat, The Blasters and such that show up on my Pandora/Spotify play list.

I have metal, 90’s and other music stashed on my iPod, about 4600 songs and it gets played also.

Seen Reverend Horton Heat a few times, always a killer show.

Cliff Ramsdell

"RevHo" walked right in through the front door, carrying his guitar case, when a friend and I went to see them at the Ritz in Tampa around 1993/4. We were a few hours early, drinking in the bar. Only about 5 total people in there at the time. We walked over, told him we were looking forward to the show, and then let him go about his business. He thanked us for coming out. Very cool dude.

Almost the exact same thing happened at the same place with Lee Ving from Fear.
There were more people in the bar, but we were the only ones who recognized him.

Similar thing with James Iha and D'arcy Wretzky from Smashing Pumpkins.
Same venue but out back in the alley. No one else recognized them but me.

A little of subject but has anyone seen Trans-Siberian Orchestra? They are coming to town November 20th and thinking of going.

Twice.

Extremely talented.

upload_2022-9-12_9-45-48.png

I've touched this guitar.
1987 in a small bar in Ohio.

A little of subject but has anyone seen Trans-Siberian Orchestra? They are coming to town November 20th and thinking of going.

I've seen them. It's an awesome show, and the musicianship is outstanding. Well worth the price of admission.

-
Back