Turning a 74 into a 72

-
I said this on another 73 to 72 conversion have you considered getting rid of the side marker lights or converting to a different style...never a fan of the 'stick on' side lights. Just would look a little more slick.

I'll be putting the same ones back on, the later ones do look better though.

Actully greendart its the older ones that are flush mount, 70-71.

But the car is coming along great.

Looking good. I to have been sanding my brains out doing doors, fenders, hood and trunk the past week also haha. Keep up the nice work.

Well I got brave and sprayed some color. Thought I would start small that way if I messed it up there wouldn't be all that much to remove. I did the scoops and the rear valance.
It turned out great so tomorrow morning the main body of the dart gets colored!
Putting on the color isn't what worries me it's laying down the clear.

Anyway here the pictures of what I did today.

74%20dart%20143.jpg

74%20dart%20144.jpg

74%20dart%20145.jpg

:cheers:

Awesome job!!!! This thread goes to prove that you can actually do it yourself if you take the time and research the task you want to do. I was never much for body work, but I am planning a MAJOR overhaulin' of my Duster and will be posting a thread here when i get ready to rip her down and rebuild it. Great work, looks super!!!!!!!

Very nice. I am thinking about painting my dart the same color. I am still wet sanding the clear on my Fury, so I know how you feel. LOL. It makes a huge difference.

Can't wait to see how it looks with white smoke pouring out of the rear wheel openings!

Haven't gotten a lot done on the dart, my Dad blew his back out and is being told he may be wheel chair bound. Spent the last couple of days taking him to the doctor two cat scans and one MRI they injected dye into his spine to see the damage. His nerves running down his spine are pinched real bad at L 4&5 and there is damage at L 2&3 also. He gets Cortisone shots in three places three time in the next few weeks. If that doesn't work it's surgery or a walker and a wheel chair for the rest of his life. He's 81, the doctor put a scare in him about his age and the possibility of not surviving the surgery. So we are all hoping and praying that the shots give him enough relief to be able to get around good.

I have did a few thing, put the heater in, put on the chrome drip rails, installed the rear windows, and got the doors in color. I didn't have enough to do the hood so I just ordered more paint. Almost thought about doing the hood in satin black, but think I'll stick with blue.
Here's a few pictures of my grand accomplishments!

74%20dart%20158.jpg

74%20dart%20160.jpg

74%20dart%20161.jpg

Painted the dash couldn't resist setting it in place for a look see, I'll be painting the top of it satin black with a black pad on it.

74%20dart%20159.jpg

Hope to get more done this week end, it will probably be a whole week end of wet sanding.

-
Back