**Twin Turbo 67 Dart Project**

-
Dang Louis you have been busy while I have been hanging out over at RCC and working on my truck. That looks just amazing. Your fabrication, patience and attention to detail is second to none. You make me sick. :angry7: I may have missed it, but when is it going to paint and body?

very very nice, and all under a stock hood... way cool

67Dart440 Awesome work!! That is BADASS!!

racerkilla very very nice, and all under a stock hood... way cool

Thanks guys for the compliments!

Badart Dang Louis you have been busy while I have been hanging out over at RCC and working on my truck. That looks just amazing. Your fabrication, patience and attention to detail is second to none. You make me sick. :angry7: I may have missed it, but when is it going to paint and body?

Thanks John!

Well, I really haven't been working on the car much at all. I just found out that my income may be cut by up to 70% come April 1st. I am in the process of trying to figure it all out which is my #1 concern right now. I have my feelers out there and have had 2 Interviews today to possibly merge my company under another brand. I just want to make sure I am still in control of everything before I do it and I need it in writing so my attorney can look it over. I have another one the beginning of next week.

I will finish the car but my PLAY DOUGH will not be spent until I figure it out! Hopefully it will be soon!

Thanks John!

Well, I really haven't been working on the car much at all. I just found out that my income may be cut by up to 70% come April 1st. I am in the process of trying to figure it all out which is my #1 concern right now. I have my feelers out there and have had 2 Interviews today to possibly merge my company under another brand. I just want to make sure I am still in control of everything before I do it and I need it in writing so my attorney can look it over. I have another one the beginning of next week.

I will finish the car but my PLAY DOUGH will not be spent until I figure it out! Hopefully it will be soon!

I hear you. These cars are not the most important things in our lives. I am all for taking care of your family first. Hope everything goes well for you and your company.

This is one of the most badass builds i have ever seen. One major reason because your are doing it all on your own. Seriously pat yourself on the back. You deserve it. NOW GET THIS THING RUNNING!!!!

Lookin good Louis! I am glad the elbow clears it would be a shame to put a scoop on that flat hood. Kinda nice when a flat hooded car runs DEEP into the 8s.

As Homer would say "Mmmmmmmm..... Turbos!"

Lookin good Louis. Never had a dought you would find a way to make it all fit. Damn I like your work.

This is incredible. I wish I had the money to do something like this on mine.

just a quick question. I noticed that you are using two clockwise facing turbos. Why didn't you go with something like http://www.projectrpm.com/nelsonracingengines/NRE_Mirror_Twin_Turbos.html to keep it symetrical looking?

First I seen of those! They only make the turbo's I am using the way you see them.

Plus I could bet that those Turbo's with a NELSON RACING name on them cost 2 arms and your 3rd leg!:toothy10:

First I seen of those! They only make the turbo's I am using the way you see them.

Plus I could bet that those Turbo's with a NELSON RACING name on them cost 2 arms and your 3rd leg!:toothy10:

Man no lies there!
But you have to admit, he does some awesome stuff.
I wish I was up for spending that much on one of his 572CID rigs.

Man no lies there!
But you have to admit, he does some awesome stuff.
I wish I was up for spending that much on one of his 572CID rigs.

Oh yeah, Nelson Racing is the shizzle if you got the Bucks to run one of them. I bet one of his set ups are well over 40K.

He just did a deal with a Shelby called Code RED. Makes some serious power and with a Stick too!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP6SVptIT94"]YouTube - Tom Nelson drives the Shelby CODE RED prototype. Nelson Racing Engines. NRE TV.[/ame]

Oh yeah, Nelson Racing is the shizzle if you got the Bucks to run one of them. I bet one of his set ups are well over 40K.

He just did a deal with a Shelby called Code RED. Makes some serious power and with a Stick too!!

YouTube - Tom Nelson drives the Shelby CODE RED prototype. Nelson Racing Engines. NRE TV.

Wow!!!
Stick is gonna be COOOL!!
Hope mine runs like that! Sounds like it got to around 2500 and the wick lit!! He has another gear than me but I have a 273 gearset that might help me!??

Now if only he did a 7 Liter (guess the CID :D ) twin turbo stroker for the new hemis.... mmmmmmm I would buy that in a heart beat for the cuda.

Now if only he did a 7 Liter (guess the CID :D ) twin turbo stroker for the new hemis.... mmmmmmm I would buy that in a heart beat for the cuda.

I am sure he will do whatever you want. Just bring a few wheelbarrow's full of that Green stuff!!:toothy10:

Louis,
I sat at my computer for almost three hours and read your entire thread, as well as everyone's comments. I agree with everyone's positive comments, and all I have to say is "DAMN"...

Bill S.

Louis,
I sat at my computer for almost three hours and read your entire thread, as well as everyone's comments. I agree with everyone's positive comments, and all I have to say is "DAMN"...

Bill S.

Thanks Bill. My Threads are pretty long.......haaaaa:-D

this is the best turbo tread i have red , thanks for taking the time to do it step by step it is similar to my build i have comming up 408,245 cnc indys,twin garetts gt3582r solid roller, power glide :cheers:

this is the best turbo tread i have red , thanks for taking the time to do it step by step it is similar to my build i have comming up 408,245 cnc indys,twin garetts gt3582r solid roller, power glide :cheers:

Thanks, I really tried to document every step so myself and others could learn from it and get new ideas for their own projects.

Sounds like you are creating an Animal! Are you using the stock block with your set up?

yes i am, the block i have been using has 3/4 hard fill std caps ,stud top and bottom with comtic gaskets the car and driver goes 3550 lbs and has run 140 mph on nos,i think the power around 700 hp from memory ,a mate had single turbo 408 std block ran around 8.50 at 168 mph elderbrock heads 3200 lbs his 900 hp range for 4 years and broke arod and destroyed the block, turbos are hot hash on the engine .thanks ian

yes i am, the block i have been using has 3/4 hard fill std caps ,stud top and bottom with comtic gaskets the car and driver goes 3550 lbs and has run 140 mph on nos,i think the power around 700 hp from memory ,a mate had single turbo 408 std block ran around 8.50 at 168 mph elderbrock heads 3200 lbs his 900 hp range for 4 years and broke arod and destroyed the block, turbos are hot hash on the engine .thanks ian

WOW! That is awesome to hear! You guys are proving that the stock block when prepped correctly will handle some HUGE NUMBERS! That is some serious ET, 8.50 @ 168...........DAMN! Running for 4 years too, he got his $$'s worth out of that one!!

I bet yours with the Indy Heads and the TT will haul the mail when it is done for sure.

Questions:

Are these blow thru carb set ups or EFI?

If EFI, what do use to control it?

Ok Louis,
where are the pics of this badazz smallblock?
My pistons should be in Monday and I will get them to machinist for final hone then I will still be waiting on the rods. As soon as the temp rises above 28 degrees I will get in the shop and continue with the headers. I finished the y-pipe into the T6 flange and have it ready to work on the headers/logs...

Ok Louis,
where are the pics of this badazz smallblock?
My pistons should be in Monday and I will get them to machinist for final hone then I will still be waiting on the rods. As soon as the temp rises above 28 degrees I will get in the shop and continue with the headers. I finished the y-pipe into the T6 flange and have it ready to work on the headers/logs...

Been working a lot lately. No time for the car right now. Work before play.

Machining is done and the bottom end is getting assembled. I told him there is no RUSH and to take his time. I will assemble the Top End. The cam was special order and got here about a week ago. I have the Cometic Head Gaskets, Heads, Intake & Throttle Body etc. So Assembly will take me only a few hours to finish it off.

Dang it is cold where you are at!

-
Back