**Twin Turbo 67 Dart Project**

-
WOW! That is awesome to hear! You guys are proving that the stock block when prepped correctly will handle some HUGE NUMBERS! That is some serious ET, 8.50 @ 168...........DAMN! Running for 4 years too, he got his $$'s worth out of that one!!

I bet yours with the Indy Heads and the TT will haul the mail when it is done for sure.

Questions:

Are these blow thru carb set ups or EFI?

If EFI, what do use to control it?
thanks mate his was blow thru and mine will be as well , did ya check the pics of a mates car with a straight 6 that has run 8 sin the 6 turbo build std block and head crank and mains 800 hp its tuff.

thanks mate his was blow thru and mine will be as well , did ya check the pics of a mates car with a straight 6 that has run 8 sin the 6 turbo build std block and head crank and mains 800 hp its tuff.

No haven't seen that one...... Can you post a link?

thanks mate i will keep ya posted

Well guys, I have been tossing the idea around of using E85. Doing some research on it and where I can buy it around my house.

I know for sure the 160lb Injectors will handle the job.

Direct port Injection on E85, sounds good anyway!

Seems that it would be easy to switch between E85 and Pump Fuel, Just need a couple of tunes is all.

I wouldn't mind setting mine up to run E85 but for some reason it is really scarce here. Even though there are corn fields all around me??? Closest place to me is nearly 40 miles.

I wouldn't mind setting mine up to run E85 but for some reason it is really scarce here. Even though there are corn fields all around me??? Closest place to me is nearly 40 miles.

I know you can have a truck drop off 50 GAL Drums right at your house. I am going to check into it. Next would be to get your own drum and haul it home.
I also don't know how long it is good for when stored.

The closest station to me is about 20 miles.

Ethanol enriched fuels (e-10) spoil quicker than regular unleaded, I would only assume the same for e-85.

Looking good so far!!

e 85 would help keep temp down which is a plus with turbos:burnout:

Yeah, one issue with E85 is that it can mix with water fairly easily, so you would have to be real careful when storing it. Also, I would think you would need to just strap that 50 gallon tank in the trunk with all the fuel you'll be feeding that beast of an engine, lol. Plus it's extra ballast for launches =).

**UPDATE**

I am picking up my Short Block Tomorrow from Brian at IMM Engines!
Need to install the front cover, oil pan, Heads, Roller Lifters, Rockers, measure for pushrod length & mount the Intake etc. Then I need to mount the exhaust & Turbo's while it is on the engine stand so we can just wheel it into Brian's Dyno Room!

ok....I am gonna guess:

Baseline HP - NA: 495hp
Baseline TQ - NA: 468tq

.5 BAR ~ 7 psi BOOST HP - 888 hp
.5 BAR ~ 7 psi BOOST TQ - 770 tq

.75 BAR ~ 10 psi BOOST HP - 1008 hp
.75 BAR ~ 10 psi BOOST TQ - 965 tq

1 BAR ~ 14 psi BOOST - 1228hp
1 BAR ~ 14 psi BOOST - 1150tq

beyond that WHO KNOWS !!!!
Put in the Pure C16 116 octane Forced Induction stuff and let her rip....if your CR is less than 9:1...bump the 20 psi peg!!! and see what shes got!!

ok....I am gonna guess:

Baseline HP - NA: 495hp
Baseline TQ - NA: 468tq

.5 BAR ~ 7 psi BOOST HP - 888 hp
.5 BAR ~ 7 psi BOOST TQ - 770 tq

.75 BAR ~ 10 psi BOOST HP - 1008 hp
.75 BAR ~ 10 psi BOOST TQ - 965 tq

1 BAR ~ 14 psi BOOST - 1228hp
1 BAR ~ 14 psi BOOST - 1150tq

beyond that WHO KNOWS !!!!
Put in the Pure C16 116 octane Forced Induction stuff and let her rip....if your CR is less than 9:1...bump the 20 psi peg!!! and see what shes got!!

Damn Kelly I though I was crazy! haaaaaa sounds good though!

Compression is right at 9:1

I just got an opinion on using the A904 from SMR Transmissions. The guy is telling me NO WAY will a A904 handle close to 1000HP. He is trying to get me to upgrade to an A727 instead. He is saying there is not enough Clutch Surface to hold at my anticipated power levels?

I have seen guys running HUGE amounts of JUICE with an A904 that in total is WAY more than 1000HP and hold all day long.

Any thoughts on this??

What!?! No 4 Speed?
I haven't heard of 904's in cars with that much power. I've heard of them being behind about 700 HP. Then again, maybe with turbo's, it would be different. I'm all about 904's, but I think you have too much power for one. Have you thought of a Powerglide?

What!?! No 4 Speed?
I haven't heard of 904's in cars with that much power. I've heard of them being behind about 700 HP. Then again, maybe with turbo's, it would be different. I'm all about 904's, but I think you have too much power for one. Have you thought of a Powerglide?

No never thought about a power glide........I need 3 gears! 75% of its use will be on the street. I will be changing out my 3.91's to 2.76 or so if I can find them. I want to be somewhere around a 3.0 Gear or so with the 28" Tall tire. Boost likes a load and the taller gear ratio will help to carry the gear out longer before the shift.

My thought is that Turbo Power is not like NOS, very smooth transition from NA to Boosted Power. So the shock would not be there like a Radical NA Engine with the use of NOS.......

I guess I need to do some more research on the subject.
I will call Pro Trans in Lancaster tomorrow and see what they say.

It's tonight. Where are the pics?

I am a Thai Food Addict..........Just came back from a fix!!

Well there seems to be something wrong with the Picture uploading tonight, I uploaded the pictures and they do not show up under the drop down??

-
Back