**Twin Turbo 67 Dart Project**

-
Wow, lots of stuff going on since i looked last! So you went with the MSIII huh. I have the MSII board sitting on my desk. I personally couldnt see me needing or being able to see the benefits of the III over the II. I already have the relay board in the car, should be wiring about when you are ready for it too. Cant wait to see your progress, good luck with it all!

Yeah the MS3 will do sequential and control everything I have going on a little easier than the MS2, I talked to Ben at DIYAUTOTUNE and he told me the MS3 would work better for what I have going on. I was not going to go Sequential but I found out the MS3 will control it so thats what happened......I am the king of change when doing a project. It started off as a Blow Thru set up but because of Hood clearances and not wanting to cut the hood, well, here I am now. haaaaa

Yeah the MS3 will do sequential and control everything I have going on a little easier than the MS2, I talked to Ben at DIYAUTOTUNE and he told me the MS3 would work better for what I have going on. I was not going to go Sequential but I found out the MS3 will control it so thats what happened......I am the king of change when doing a project. It started off as a Blow Thru set up but because of Hood clearances and not wanting to cut the hood, well, here I am now. haaaaa

Oh, I don't think you change your mind that much. I know a guy personally who always changes his plans and mind a lot.LOL. let me know how that ms3 works for you. I also plan to run it myself.

Well its been awhile.....

I finally got the Bronze Oil Pump Shaft and the Dual Sync Distributor.

I am tossed between which rocker arms to buy since Hughes does not have any stock of their 1.6 Rockers.

I am leaning toward Crane Gold 1.6's and the second choice is PRW 1.6 Stainless.

This week my mind will be made up on which ones.

The Stainless "Hughes" rockers that I got were actually PRW's with a 1.65 ratio.
Are you going to be driving this thing to Grand on the 8th?

The Stainless "Hughes" rockers that I got were actually PRW's with a 1.65 ratio.
Are you going to be driving this thing to Grand on the 8th?

That is weird. Do they have PRW on them? How do they hold the Lash settings?

Heck no that car will not be done til Winter!

Well I just bought these PRW Rockers.
http://www.jobberwarehouse.com/stainlesssteelshaftrockerarmkit-0231812.aspx

I read where a member winds them up with a Solid Cam to 7000++ RPM and they are holding up fine and the sweep is dead on. I guess I am about to find out for myself!

I will be measuring up the pushrods soon and butting up this engine. Next will be the Electronics!

That is weird. Do they have PRW on them? How do they hold the Lash settings?

Heck no that car will not be done til Winter!

I have a Hyd cam, so can't tell you how they hold lash, but they don't stay aligned very well, at least not on the magnum heads. Oh, and yes, they have PRW etched in them.

I have a Hyd cam, so can't tell you how they hold lash, but they don't stay aligned very well, at least not on the magnum heads. Oh, and yes, they have PRW etched in them.

Oh yeah that's right you have magnum heads with guide plates right? I got the LA's. You running the girdles also no?

Rocker Arms arrived and I welded up the Stainless pipes for the Waste Gate Dumps that go back into the exhaust.

Hopefully by Sunday I will have my pushrod length's.

Pictures of the welded up Waste Gate out to Exhaust Dump.
Solid Roller lifters and all rocker gear soaking in Mineral Spirits to get them clean. I will blow them dry with air and soak them in oil for 24 hours before installing them.
Also the new Dual Sync Distributor.

View attachment phpr7faIZPM.jpg

View attachment phpDqOeyaPM.jpg

View attachment phpQiRjZBPM.jpg

View attachment phpwwLgOCPM.jpg

View attachment php1bHq8FPM.jpg

View attachment php48204DPM.jpg

View attachment phpVs2eXbPM.jpg

View attachment phppZ7oLdPM.jpg

Attachments

• phpaOLAh3PM.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 897
Installed the Rockers and got the pushrod length tonight. They came in at 7.35"

The sweep with these Rockers is Right on the $$.

I will be ordering Manton 3/8's Pushrods with 5/16 Ball/Ball Tips hardened .095 wall that Oil Thru. Gunna keep pressurized oil at the ball and cup of the adjuster! This worked very well with the last 410 I built.

View attachment phpHp0WUgPM.jpg

View attachment phpJOc3q5PM.jpg

View attachment phpHJkawhPM.jpg

View attachment phpXuT40uPM.jpg

View attachment php8P6fXQPM.jpg

View attachment phpr8N4zpPM.jpg

View attachment phpuJtYaAPM.jpg

View attachment phpsPy78FPM.jpg

View attachment phpFUB4AhPM.jpg

View attachment phpZlmlKdPM.jpg

I have the same pushrods in my 410 Louis(the Manton ball/ball 5/16)Your moving along now,soon dyno time..:eek:ccasion:I,m anxious to see what HP #,s,I can imagine your getting excited too after all your hard work fitting,making everything so it works.Looking forward to future posts.:toothy7:

I have the same pushrods in my 410 Louis(the Manton ball/ball 5/16)Your moving along now,soon dyno time..:eek:ccasion:I,m anxious to see what HP #,s,I can imagine your getting excited too after all your hard work fitting,making everything so it works.Looking forward to future posts.:toothy7:

Yeah I need to get this thing done! Time has been my enemy lately.

Manton makes some good stuff, they are 15 Minutes from my house. I order in the morning and pick them up after work.

We did a small block with a roller cam and hughes lifters with Harland Sharp rockers and the extreme angle on the pushrod caused premature wear in the lifter bores on the bottom side of the lifter. Ended up having to get the machine shop to reangle the lifter bores and use sleeves. Did you address this beforehand Louis?

We did a small block with a roller cam and hughes lifters with Harland Sharp rockers and the extreme angle on the pushrod caused premature wear in the lifter bores on the bottom side of the lifter. Ended up having to get the machine shop to reangle the lifter bores and use sleeves. Did you address this beforehand Louis?

It is not that common to bush the lifter bores on a SBM, some say you should but I never have. I actually just sold a set of lifter bushings that were on my parts shelf for at least 2 years. Hughes roller lifters I know nothing about. The solid roller lifters I have are made to Brians specs, the oiling is different and everything, not like an off the shelf rocker would be like. The Harland sharp rockers for a SBM from what I have seen and heard are way off on the geometry, they do better with the big block rockers. I am sure if my block needed to have the lifter bores corrected Brian would have said something about it since he did all the machining and assembled the bottom end. He did line hone the mains and the cam journals, I can also see that he honed the lifter bores. This engine spins very nice and smooth for sure. We will see soon what it puts out.

It is not that common to bush the lifter bores on a SBM, some say you should but I never have. I actually just sold a set of lifter bushings that were on my parts shelf for at least 2 years. Hughes roller lifters I know nothing about. The solid roller lifters I have are made to Brians specs, the oiling is different and everything, not like an off the shelf rocker would be like. The Harland sharp rockers for a SBM from what I have seen and heard are way off on the geometry, they do better with the big block rockers. I am sure if my block needed to have the lifter bores corrected Brian would have said something about it since he did all the machining and assembled the bottom end. He did line hone the mains and the cam journals, I can also see that he honed the lifter bores. This engine spins very nice and smooth for sure. We will see soon what it puts out.

:happy7:I just wish we could get out of this 100* 80% humidity crap here so I could get something done without a heat stroke!

:happy7:I just wish we could get out of this 100* 80% humidity crap here so I could get something done without a heat stroke!

I hear that! It has been 100* here and the Humidity is pretty awful, for California standards anyway.

Almost there! Do you have a date set for the dyno yet? I'd like to go if I can.

You are more than welcome to come for sure but there is no date as of yet. I need to get the electronics ordered and going. This Dyno Session will last 3 days more than likely. There's alot going on. Tri Nozzle Meth Injection, Intercoolers & Pump, piping, Heat Exchanger & Fans, etc, etc. I am going to try and have all the wiring done as a Plug and Play to all the sensors with all the values set for everything in the Tuning Program before I schedule the appointment.

-
Back