**Twin Turbo 67 Dart Project**

-
You are more than welcome to come for sure but there is no date as of yet. I need to get the electronics ordered and going. This Dyno Session will last 3 days more than likely. There's alot going on. Tri Nozzle Meth Injection, Intercoolers & Pump, piping, Heat Exchanger & Fans, etc, etc. I am going to try and have all the wiring done as a Plug and Play to all the sensors with all the values set for everything in the Tuning Program before I schedule the appointment.

Man, you have a lot going on with that. A guy at work was telling me there's someone in San Marcos building a TT small block stroker, too. I wonder if it's someone else from this forum, because they way he was describing it was very similar to yours.

Wow, just caught up with this. I need to wipe the drool off the key board, incredible build.

How much were the pushrods? I want to get the same for my stroker.

I have some Manton Pushrods that are 7.625 Length, Ball/Ball never used if they will work for you. Hardened Tips & Shafts that are Oil Thru. I am pretty sure they are what you need with the RHS Heads. As long as your adjuster is a CUP style on your rockers.

The ones I got for this motor were $200.00, my spring pressure open is around 510 lbs.
Terry at Manton says with the turbo's he always goes thicker wall because the exhaust gets hotter on boost. He actually wanted to go thicker on the Exhaust Pushrods and I would have had a Split thickness but after I told him my intended use he said it should be fine.

I haven't measured. I have they same rockers as you used though. PM me a price if you think they will work with rhs heads. They are cup style.

Man, you have a lot going on with that. A guy at work was telling me there's someone in San Marcos building a TT small block stroker, too. I wonder if it's someone else from this forum, because they way he was describing it was very similar to yours.

1wild&crazyguy Thats the catch with posting on websites..
People will copy you.

Shoot those guys are confused, it is me! haaaaa

I finally purchased the Megasquirt 3 Today. I was in constant conversation with the salesman for about 2 weeks asking mega questions before I purchased. Ben at diyautotune.com did a great job answering all my questions and setting me up with all the correct parts I need. I bought it assembled with the mapdaddy 4 bar map sensor that is good to 44PSI. So if I plan on trying over 20PSI with this combo or another one, it is ready. It also has Baro~ correction built in for automatic altitude tuning changes. It should be here in 5 days or so.

I love this build..its making me so anxious haha!!

I bought a nissan Q45 TB, its more like 85(ish)mm...But it looks like the TPS is the same as the one you ended up using.

What kind of bolt pattern does it use-nissan also? Im having a bit of difficulty finding any intake elbow that will go from a holley carb to a nissan TB (go figure). So i think the cheapest route is to make one, as you were going to...

I love this build..its making me so anxious haha!!

I bought a nissan Q45 TB, its more like 85(ish)mm...But it looks like the TPS is the same as the one you ended up using.

What kind of bolt pattern does it use-nissan also? Im having a bit of difficulty finding any intake elbow that will go from a holley carb to a nissan TB (go figure). So i think the cheapest route is to make one, as you were going to...

I called them before I bought mine. They were telling me that it would bolt right onto a Q45.

FYI- When I had the Plenum built, they put a Ford TB Pattern on it. All I had to do was make my bolt holes in the TB a tad bigger and it bolted right on. It lines up perfect too. Looks like it is Port Matched!

Great, I was gonna order the godspeed TB but wasn't sure about the mounting/bolt pattern. Thanks!

Your setup has truly inspired me to do a tt setup on my 67 barracuda. i'll be using a 360 with a 727 trans. I've been throwing the idea around since i've obtained the vehicle and really didn't know exactly what i would be getting myself into considering this would be my first turbo build. Your thread has been so helpful with answering alot of my questions. Between reading this thread and talking to my engine builder i'm pretty confident in putting this setup together. I can't wait to see your beast up and running took me about 4 hours to read the entire thread today so now i'm excited to see those numbers.. Good Luck!

You could consider moving the Alternator down. Some people have them mounted down low, but I'm not sure exactly how they do it. That bracket for the driver side looks good!

You could consider moving the Alternator down. Some people have them mounted down low, but I'm not sure exactly how they do it. That bracket for the driver side looks good!

Shoot Dave, if there was any room I would definitely do it. On the Mock Up, I tried it all kinds of ways. I also have clearance issues with the Fan Belt. I was starring at the Passenger side yesterday and I MAY be able to incorporate a bolt hole somehow in the Turbo Bracket off the head and move it down "Possibly", we will see. The way it is now, I need to use a smaller Water Pump Pulley. I did it on the mock up and I have just under 1" Clearance to the Intake Tract on that side. By using the Factory Crank Pulley it should slow the water pump down some and possible cool it off better by leaving the water in the Radiator a bit longer. I really want to run that mechanical water pump because this is mostly a street car. If need be for clearance issues I can switch it out to an Electric one but don't really want to do that.

Your setup has truly inspired me to do a tt setup on my 67 barracuda. i'll be using a 360 with a 727 trans. I've been throwing the idea around since i've obtained the vehicle and really didn't know exactly what i would be getting myself into considering this would be my first turbo build. Your thread has been so helpful with answering alot of my questions. Between reading this thread and talking to my engine builder i'm pretty confident in putting this setup together. I can't wait to see your beast up and running took me about 4 hours to read the entire thread today so now i'm excited to see those numbers.. Good Luck!

Good deal! This is my first Turbo Build also. It has been a trying experience at the end here. Time is not available like it was when I started the project.

I am also switching mine out to a 727. In talking to a few guys the 904 would more than likely need to be gone thru on a Yearly basis with the Power I am expecting to get to the tires.

yea 727's can handle a whole lot of power i'm looking to be putting out around 700 horsepower to the wheels. Im 22 with no kids and a fiance that tells me go work on the car to be happy so i have all the time in the world. lol. Might as well do it now before we get married. The original plan was to put my 383 in the cuda and twin turbo that but after reading this i see what kind of clearance issues i would have and with the 360 i'm thinking about running an intercooler up in front of the radiator and possibly depending on turbo size hiding them in the fenders like i saw on that one video you posted.

and like you i really do not want to cut my car up. I want to chop as minimal as possible. This car will rarely ever see the track. I also am planning on getting an alterkation kit with rack and pinion steering so thats another thing that i'm going to have to see how much room i have. I have some fab skills but i'm still somewhat new to welding and fabricating i wish i could do half the stuff you did on your car. Its a true work of art.

The megasquirt3 showed up today along with all the sensors and wiring. Gunna pull it out of the box tomorrow and get going on the wiring as soon as I finish up the Turbo Braces!

I talked to the tuner and he recommended that I order a Fuel Pressure Safety Switch that will get wired into the squirt and plummed into the fuel rail to protect the engine if the fuel pressure ever falls below a specific setting.

Here it is....

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=125

Started goofing around with the wiring & connectors to the sensors and injectors.

I also plummed in the Fuel Pressure Sensor. There was a 1/8" port on the Regulator so I just took out the plug and installed the sensor. Easiest thing I have done to this build so far! haaa:mrgreen:

Intake Air Temp Sensor "IAT"

View attachment phpoMEZs7PM.jpg

Fuel Pressue Sensor "FPS"

View attachment phpXhcRviPM.jpg

View attachment php1Xkx6bPM.jpg

View attachment phpERCpTBPM.jpg

View attachment php5X0WPKPM.jpg

Coolant Temperature Sensor "CLT"

View attachment phpxsSv2NPM.jpg

Fuel Injection Connectors

I was going to turn the injectors toward the inside toward the plenum but decided to check them out first on the outside. Of course all the wiring will be soldered, heat shrunk and covered with wiring loom for a clean look.

View attachment phph6UCKMPM.jpg

View attachment phpqcr9RQPM.jpg

View attachment phpMR7FcsPM.jpg

-
Back