**Twin Turbo 67 Dart Project**

-
Hey Badart,

I got the 6 pieces of 321 Stainless that you sent me to do the whole waste gate exhaust. I used a PIPE STRETCHER to get it done though!!:toothy10:

Glad it worked out for you. Awesome fabrication skills you have there.

great proyect i like the wheels :-D maybe i missed it but which trans are you going 727 or 904 ? a833 ?

I will be using a 904 with a reverse manual valve body, transbrake and most likely a custom converter from The Converter Shop in Arizona. One of my employees use to work there, he says I will get it for a smokin deal.

man once I get my car up and running I'll have to come out there and race with ya. I'm a few months behind you on the build though so it will be a little while.

The whole front half of the cage will be built out of 1 5/8 " Tubing .125 wall thickness.

The back half of the cage is 1 3/4 " Tubing .134 wall.

Is that what the rules call for, or are you going above and beyond on some of it? I think there's a chance I'll need on if I ever get to the track.

The main hoop that is behind the seats needs to be 1 3/4 Tubing. The rest can be the smaller 1 5/8 .125 wall. This cage will be stamped and certified to 8.50 quarter times when we are done. The inspector will come to my house to stamp it and sign off on it!

yeah I'll be getting mine signed off on as well. Here shortly, but mine is all 1.75 120 wall. As it calls for .118 min. And mine is all 1.75 because we are cheep. That way we don't have to buy another expensive die for the bender. It appears you guys are using the same bender is that the JD2 bender? It's hard to tell on my phone.

Is that what the rules call for, or are you going above and beyond on some of it? I think there's a chance I'll need on if I ever get to the track.
Checkout S&W Racing,thats where I got my 8pt cage.I paid $300 shipped to my door in Ontario,Canada.I thought that was reasonable,cause it,s quite heavy when wrapped together.It,s a pre-bent kit that needed alittle trimming.Sorry to hijack Louis,just trying to help Physhy.

Checkout S&W Racing,thats where I got my 8pt cage.I paid $300 shipped to my door in Ontario,Canada.I thought that was reasonable,cause it,s quite heavy when wrapped together.It,s a pre-bent kit that needed alittle trimming.Sorry to hijack Louis,just trying to help Physhy.

No Problem Scott! Helping is not Hijacking............:-D

Looks like you are praing to the Mopar Gods. LOL

Nice work.

Attachments

• IMG_2556.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 1,255
Looks like you are praing to the Mopar Gods. LOL

Nice work.

That is Pete! He has a pretty fast car. It runs 8.50's in the 1/4. Full Chassis Chevy II NA Big Block.

His friends name is Aram with the Black Goatiee. Aram has a SBC Stroker smacking it with a 275 Shot of NOS, Full Chassis 69 Nova. The car just got Painted by the same guy who is going to do mine. It is BEAUTIFUL! His car runs LOW 9's.

Both of these guys will be at Barona this Saturday for the KING OF THE TRACK Grudge Racing Competiton & Test & Tune.

I am going to try and bring my 70 Dart out there and do a few blasts. We wil see.

LOL! Sorry about that. Only met you the one time and thought that was you. Sounds like fun. I am going out to Glamis this weekend or I would try and make it out there. Have fun.

Called the Glass Guy......

The Front and Rear Glass is coming out tomorrow morning!!

No screwing around now. The cage needs to get knocked out!

on my 75 I pulled off the chrome/stainless trim (mine is really oxidized so I don't know that it is) then there is a rubber cord (like a big rubber band) you pull that out and then push on the glass and pull it out of the seal. I'll see if I can get you a link for it. So you can have pics give me a couple hours to get home and I'll post it for ya.

-
Back