Ultra XP or Quickfuel carb?

-

drugster

Reaction score
Hi:
Looking for a carb for my stroked small block, mech solid cam, single plane intake , and finally get to this 2 options:
Holley Ultra XP 950 80805BKX or
Quickfuel Race-Q series RQ-950 (with the option to be annular or downleg)
Any advice?
Thanks in advance.

Don't know about the Holley..but my Quickfuel is the "best" carb i ever bought:D:D

AED is a Holley authorized third party supplier and makes the billet parts for the custom Holley carbs , they will build and flow test a carb for you based on your specific engine specs for less money than either of the 2 you are asking about -give them a call .

Holly 950 Xp will be to big unless you are 700 plus horses. The 850 from holley would be best. I am running the 750 on my 410 and 500hp. There is a magazine article where they tested the carbs on 700hp engine and the NEW 950 lost hp compared to the NEW 850.

My Quickfuel was spot on right out of the box.
I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.
I did call and specify my deal when I ordered......I have a 405 inch small block on E-85 and I went with the 850 to keep some street manners.
Bolt on and go.

My Quickfuel was spot on right out of the box.
I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.
I did call and specify my deal when I ordered......I have a 405 inch small block on E-85 and I went with the 850 to keep some street manners.
Bolt on and go.

Same here..other then changing jets for weather conditions the carb was great right out of the box:D:D

I haven't used a Holley XP but I have used quite a few Quick Fuel products in the past with good results

Agreed, with Tracy here. Good luck, with Quick Fuel products. Have a OOTB 750 double pumper,on my Magnum 5.9. Happy with the throttle response ,so far.

Hi:
Looking for a carb for my stroked small block, mech solid cam, single plane intake , and finally get to this 2 options:
Holley Ultra XP 950 80805BKX or
Quickfuel Race-Q series RQ-950 (with the option to be annular or downleg)
Any advice?
Thanks in advance.

'Drugster'

We have a Holley Ultra XP {950 CFM} #80805BKX on one of our 440 Big Block
engines.

It is a great Carburetor, but you need Fuel Pressure for this thirsty 'Il Bastardo',
with a minimum of 6.0 PSI, though we keep it at 7.0 PSI.

Big Throttle-Body sizes {1.75"} and contoured Venturi's {1.60"}, let the air-flow
without diversion or restriction.

We stayed with the factory Jet Sizes {.092" Primary} and {.092" Secondary},
and have nothing but 'success' with the Holley.

The Holley Ultra XP is an Excellent carb, but it ain't cheap.............

AED is a Holley authorized third party supplier and makes the billet parts for the custom Holley carbs , they will build and flow test a carb for you based on your specific engine specs for less money than either of the 2 you are asking about -give them a call .
^^^This^^^^.I,ve had my AED850 built for my 410 SB for 6 yrs and will buy from them again.Bolt on,minor adjustment and go.Summit carries every AED carb size and some accessories.

-
Back