undecided

-

famous bob

mopar misfit
Reaction score
In a quandary about which direction to go , TOOK the fish to mopars in the park yesterday, highly disappointed w/ it ! Too much h.p. and too little tire, needs tubbed badly.
At 72 , I aint sure I ve got a rework n me . Crawling around in or under the car is rough on me. My legs aint been the same since I had a 4 wheeler wreck almost 3 yrs. ago. They were hurting so bad after 4 hrs at the strip I wasn`t even interested in staying and watching, much less trying to run On caltracs and drag radials !
Even thinking about selling or trying to trade it . It only went 11.90`s , was the fastest on the 295 d/r versus the 275`s. Both a huge disappointment , didn`t even feel that screwing w/ the caltrac set up was worth messing with it was so bad, went pretty straight right out of the box, even spinning.
My driving sucked too, first time on the track in about 10 yrs.

Last edited:
Overbuilt powerplant? Refresh my memory. Stroker?

Beating yourself up pretty good Bob..... Drag Radials are not always user friendly and it takes some testing to see what they want honestly. The guys I helped with a Mustang last year were getting pretty close to a consistent tune on DR's and upped the power this year and have gained no ground on their program so you aren't on a lonely island.... Remember you are running with guys a 1/3 of your age so you're good in my book...

If you don't have the zest all the time to turn wrenches on it maybe find someone who will help you with it. It always sounds easier than said but those people do exist.

One thing I have learned about DR's in my limited use is they like to get smacked with some power. What was your 60ft. and 1/8th numbers?

JW

When / if / rarely I go to car shows / air shows /etc I have to take a walker, my take-apart- wheelchair

The Great Wheelchair Hack and Cathouse Thursday

1p73bd.jpg

or one of my trikes.

_mg_5465cs-jpg.jpg

I wrote a scathing email to "good guys" after they damn near refused to let me into the Spokamentro car show on my trike, and then damn near tried to kick me out for no reason later. I told them they need to read the ADA and learn what it means

So far as working on cars, I can't spend much time on my back, either anymore. If I didn't/ couldn't have my 2 post (no shop it's outdoors) or the little Farmall tractor, or the homebrew ugly-as-hell transmission jack, "I'd be screwed"

img_1070cs-jpg.jpg

I don't know whether I'm tougher than I thought or stubborn or just too stupid to give up!!!

I wish you were local as my kid could turn some screws for you. I’m amazed at some of the guys that approach him at the track asking for advice. He chassis tuned a Friends car a week before Indy and found him .10 in two attempts. This was on an already well worked out combo. My kids low ten second 3200 pound small block has caltracks, mono leafs, Rancho shocks, factory stock front suspension with 90/10 shocks. So simple it’s almost unbelievable. 1.38 sixty foots last time out with a 4.10 gear.

You're kickin your *** pretty bad, Bob. I know you love that car but maybe think about this........sell and look for something you can actually HAVE FUN WITH!

The most fun I ever had with a car was my 71 Dart with a very mild 360. I got that car runnin mid 12s and had the time of my life. Never broke anything and always drove to and from the strip, plus drove it to work every day. Every day. That was a lot of fun.

You're kickin your *** pretty bad, Bob. I know you love that car but maybe think about this........sell and look for something you can actually HAVE FUN WITH!

The most fun I ever had with a car was my 71 Dart with a very mild 360. I got that car runnin mid 12s and had the time of my life. Never broke anything and always drove to and from the strip, plus drove it to work every day. Every day. That was a lot of fun.
Now that there be some good honest advice I not only can not argue with but also subscribe to. A mid to low 12’ second car is a great toy. While I always want to go faster, speed costs not only money but requires time and maintenance to achieve and hold on to. While it is t a whole lot, I have noticed the faster you go, the more you have to pay attention to the car.

The adrenaline rush in a vehicle a little bit slower will last a little bit longer (is that what she said?).

You guys are great encouragement, thank you all ! I don`t have a clue which way I`m going to go. After having a 406sbc that ran this good in a p/up , that even weighed 170 pounds more than the fish really disturbs me ! 3500 versus 3270 , w/o me in them. But the truck was hooked up perfectly from the git go ! ????????? Even thinking about selling out , but got to have something to play with , get bored real easy!!!
Everything fits and doesn`t rub in this car, but it`s a little hard to work on.

-
Back