Update on My 64 Dart project

-
Well guys, I put the Dart away for the time being. Started on the engine/trans/front end rebuild on my 71 Charger. Thrying to have it ready for the trip down to LA. Hopefully, it being a fresh car from stem to stern I can sell it and complete the Dart before the middle of summer.

lets see some pics of the charger,,

Here ya go. out with the old and in with the new.

71 Charger.jpg

71 Charger 2.jpg

71 Charger 3.jpg

awesome. The only way to remove/install a motor IMO.

Wow :tongue9: that is one fine shine.:thumleft:
You are moving right along, I hope you get your headers figured out.:-k
Do they make a skater shield blanket for the inside of a car any more?

You sue do take the prize on making it look easy:cheers:

very kol thanks for the pics,, whats the truck in the back round??

I want to say it's a 34 Plymouth. Going to be a street rod. An attorney from Seattle owns it. It's a local truck, use to be a parts delivery truck in the 30's and 40's

Wow :tongue9: that is one fine shine.:thumleft:
You are moving right along, I hope you get your headers figured out.:-k
Do they make a skater shield blanket for the inside of a car any more?

You sue do take the prize on making it look easy:cheers:

If you are referring to the Dart I am running a stock 340 bell. I am a little concerned about safety but I'm not sure what to do. The scatter shield won't work with those headers, just not enough room. I may just bite the bullet and go with fenderwell headers so I can run a scatter shield. I'll break in the car first and maybe make some light runs down the track.

As far as the Charger, it started out as a car that I only wanted to flip but it ended up snowballing. Now that the car is going to be totally rebuilt anf I have a bunch of cash invested in it I may keep it awhile. The motor that's going in is a 451 CI, stroked 400/beefed 727 and an 8.75 with 3:55's Sure Grip

What about putting an auto-trans blanket around the bell? That would do it I think and still fit. The blankets are very strong.

what header do you have that wont clear a scatter shield ??? look for an ansen scatter shield,,, i had hooker 5208 in an early A with an asnen scatter shield,,,,i may of had a loake wood with those header as well dont rememebr been a long time,,

what header do you have that wont clear a scatter shield ??? look for an ansen scatter shield,,, i had hooker 5208 in an early A with an asnen scatter shield,,,,i may of had a loake wood with those header as well dont rememebr been a long time,,

It's the TTI headers and the 340 bell housing. Doesn't look like it will fit

try a quick time scatter shield,, i just got one for a mopar to tremec set up,very tight body on it,,, i have pics if you would be intrested in seeing

dave the guy with the resto mmod valiant,,, with the 5 speed davesvaliant i think is the correct screen name,,,he has a lot of pics on here of it going together,,

dave the guy with the resto mmod valiant,,, with the 5 speed davesvaliant i think is the correct screen name,,,he has a lot of pics on here of it going together,,

Oh, I thought he was using a keisler BH

yeah it's a lakewood. no issues clearing the headers at all.

I went back to check and I stand corrected. Somehow I missed reading that part of the thread

Well guys I'm still on the road back from Springfling. The 71 Charger is in tow and will have to make some repairs to it when I get home. I did score a set of CalTracs with springs on Saturday as well as a complete gear drive distributor setup. I got to check out Dave's Valient on Sunday. That's going to be a real nice ride. I like what he did with the hood springs. I've made the decision to can the TTI headers in favor of fenderwells. With what I got from Dave there's a lot more work I need to do on the 64 to make this setup work. Since the 64 is a quasi race car there may be ocassions where the motor may need to come out. Anyway I have a set of the old style Headmans 1 7/8" stashed away. I just need to have them coated. So if anyone is interested I'll make someone a deal on the headers and starter.

ide hang on to those headers, they are only cost more down the raod,,, if you are going to use a set of fenderwells,,that are all completely fenderwell,,, unless you have the car sitting high,, you will have tire clearance problems,, you will have to run a volks wagon size tire to almost clear, the better choice of fender wells would be the hooker 5208 headers,, you dont have to cut such a giant hole in the inner fender,,they fit auto and stick cars,, and not all the tubes go thru the fender well,,,and they have collectors to hook up the rest of the exhaust,, not all fender wells have colectors,,just my opinion,,

ide hang on to those headers, they are only cost more down the raod,,, if you are going to use a set of fenderwells,,that are all completely fenderwell,,, unless you have the car sitting high,, you will have tire clearance problems,, you will have to run a volks wagon size tire to almost clear, the better choice of fender wells would be the hooker 5208 headers,, you dont have to cut such a giant hole in the inner fender,,they fit auto and stick cars,, and not all the tubes go thru the fender well,,,and they have collectors to hook up the rest of the exhaust,, not all fender wells have colectors,,just my opinion,,

The hedmans I am thinking of running have collectors for hooking up the exhaust. I am running a 15X4 wheel with the Volkeswaggon tires already

-
Back