Update on My 64 Dart project

-
yes and thanks i kjnow ET has 14 inch wide,,believe it or not i need at least 15 wide,,im not sure there 14 wide would have correct back spacing,, my tires are 22 wide, i have not checked,, but i do know ET 111 has what i want,, ive heard 3500.00 for all 4 ,,not in the buget at the moment

$3500!!!!!!!! Wow, didn't know that. I remeber when the ET factory was in Benica, CA. Had a buddy that worked there. he got me a set for $300 but that was in 1972.

not ET,,,, its ET ROMAN NUMERAL 3 .. I BELIEVE ITS A DIFFERENT COMPANY,,, they make the orignale style or a copy,, of the torque thrusts,,in and off set or back spacing,, i met a guy at the power tour that had a 65 comet,,wit hthe exact rims i wanted,,he had the same back space i need

15x 15 zero off set,,, tols me he had them about 4 years,, and they were 3 grand for all 4 at that time,,,

not ET,,,, its ET ROMAN NUMERAL 3 .. I BELIEVE ITS A DIFFERENT COMPANY,,, they make the orignale style or a copy,, of the torque thrusts,,in and off set or back spacing,, i met a guy at the power tour that had a 65 comet,,wit hthe exact rims i wanted,,he had the same back space i need

15x 15 zero off set,,, tols me he had them about 4 years,, and they were 3 grand for all 4 at that time,,,

Oh, I thought it was the same company, only under a different name. Still that's a large amount of denero for a set of wheels

Finally got the car back on the lift. We removed the TTI headers and will be doing the surgery on the inner fender for the fenderwells sometime next week. I'll begin mapping out my wirings and battery cables tomorrow as well. I also got a chance to get the car on level ground since putting on the Calverts. The car is sitting pretty level so i'll probably leave it alone. While it's up in the air I can tighten up the suspension and install the grease zerks. I'll try and get some updated pics this weekend.

Well guys got some things done today. Tried the Rancho adjustable shocks, way too big. There's not enough room between the rearend and the gas tank. If I were running a cell it would be different so I'll probably run a good street shock like a KYB. So I worked on the fuel line, got the pump mounted and trimmed the lines. All I need now is to make up some braided line to mate the hard line to the pump. This street Carter electric should be enough to feed the duel 4 273. If not I'll upgrade. I didn't get to mounting the Schumacher torque strap, that will have to be later I guess. I did a little eyeballing of the inner fender to determine where I need to cut for the fenderwells. I need to find a good pic of an inner fender already cut. Our goal ios to make the cut while the engine is in so that we can trest fit as we go keeping the hole as small as possible to route the headerts through. Anyway, I shot some pics.

MVC-031F.JPG

MVC-032F.JPG

MVC-033F.JPG

MVC-034F.JPG

MVC-035F.JPG

MVC-036F.JPG

MVC-037F.JPG

MVC-038F.JPG

looks good,, one word of advice, i dont know what size carbs you are runing,or what the GPH is on that carter pump you have, but be very careful as to what fuel pressure regulator you choose,, the standard blue holly, is not capable of fueling 2 carbs, altho holly does have one that flows enough to feed 2 carbs,,becare full which you purchase,

Nice work on the Calverts. I hope to see you at the Fall fling. I'll be bringing Ruby. If I have time I may try and put the Calverts I have on her as well since they are collecting dust right now for my dart project.

looks good,, one word of advice, i dont know what size carbs you are runing,or what the GPH is on that carter pump you have, but be very careful as to what fuel pressure regulator you choose,, the standard blue holly, is not capable of fueling 2 carbs, altho holly does have one that flows enough to feed 2 carbs,,becare full which you purchase,

I'm using a Carter street pump. I had a Carter mechanical but decided on electric because of the fuel needed. Guy I know runs at Bonneville with a 3/4 T Truck powered by a destroked 273 (Class requires 260CI max) He had fuel problems running the same mechanical pump and switched to the Carter electric and that solved his running out of fuel at 127 MPH. Thanks for the advice

Nice work on the Calverts. I hope to see you at the Fall fling. I'll be bringing Ruby. If I have time I may try and put the Calverts I have on her as well since they are collecting dust right now for my dart project.

I'll be there doing the swap. I have a 67 Dart I'm selling for funds to keep my 64 project going. When I get back we will be doing the surgery on the inner fenders for the fenderwells.

67 Dart.jpg

Well I finally was able to scour up some Crager skinnies. Found them at the pamona Swap meet. While I've been gone my wiring for the rear of the car has come in. i didn't find any other early A stuff. There was a guy at fall Fling that had a repo D/Dart intake and carb setup. Although nit wasn't original he modified it according to the D/dart specs. kinda cool but the price wasn't.

Your car is very nice, you have done a fantastic job. The 66 fish I just got has fenderwell cut outs but the headers are gone I am getting uncut fender wells but I can get you pics today of the wells before they get replaced.

Your car is very nice, you have done a fantastic job. The 66 fish I just got has fenderwell cut outs but the headers are gone I am getting uncut fender wells but I can get you pics today of the wells before they get replaced.

That would be great!! Close-ups of each side would be really great, Thanks

Thanks for the advice. I'm not sure on what I'll use. I may use a Carter

Well made some progress this weekend. We did the surgery on the inner fenders for the fenderwell headers. We cut small and worked our way up. It really paid off. The headers are in. Have to to do a little notching on the frame for two of the tubes. Did have several set-backs. First, the ball stud bracket for the bell housing won't line up so I'll have to call brewers tomorrow. Also, The snout of the bearing retainer on my 4 speed broke off clean at the base, I noticed it when I was trying to push the clutch fork back to the rear to install the clutch linkage, When I pushed rearward on the fork I can see the TO bearing move forward contacting the forks on the pressure plate. The piece that broke off moves with the TO bearing. The only thing we did was rotate the crank to tighten the pressure plate bolts. Now, I need to pull the tranny and see what's up. Any suggestions? I'll post some pics tomorrow

Wow!!is All I Can Say,this Is The First Time I,ve Seen This Thread.i,m Getting A 66dart This Week And This Has Been A Great Insperation For Me.great Work And Info.keep Up The Good Work And Thanks.here,s A Pic. Of What I Have To Start With.

DSC_0435.jpg

66 dart 1.JPG

Here are some pics taken today. I decided to go old school look. TRook off the Torque Thrusts and went ahead with the 15X4 Cragers on front with 15X7 steels in the back. Also some pic's of the fenderwells. We also went ahead and pulled the tranny. I ordered a billet steel bearing retainer from Brewers

Johns64001.JPG

Johns64012.JPG

Johns64010.JPG

Wow!!is All I Can Say,this Is The First Time I,ve Seen This Thread.i,m Getting A 66dart This Week And This Has Been A Great Insperation For Me.great Work And Info.keep Up The Good Work And Thanks.here,s A Pic. Of What I Have To Start With.

Thanks, looks like you really have a nice base to start out with. What are yoyr plans?

-
Back