Updates on the Demon Project

-
Sireland67 I used Wizards Turbo and followed with their finish cut. It was recommended by the parts store. I used a buff and shine kit from the parts house, it came with a course wool, medium foam, a black finish foam along with a Velcro backing pad for the polisher.

Turbo Cut™, 32 oz

Me either Fez440. It's getting there.

Last edited:
Grill is in. It's coming together. Don't mind the dust.

IMG_2782.JPG

I believe the front is together. Now to get the rear together and get going on the interior. Again don't mind the dirt/dust. Been too cold to clean it off. Thanks.

IMG_2794.JPG

IMG_2795.JPG

Great work on the grill....they are a ***** to tape and paint. Mine were all nearly mint so only one tab repair with epoxy. Love the blue. Went with a 383 stroker in my Demon build 440 was so tight in my Swinger

A little further along. Got a few hours today after working last couple of weeks. Not much but each nut and bolt counts.

IMG_2869.JPG

Every time I see a blue car I want to build one! I found a 72 scamp that needs work and a 72 Duster as well. Both are slant 6 cars in need of full resto....add a blue one to the mix and I will have full American A body line up in red white and blue! I see you have the hood and light surround chrome. Mine did not come with it but I have it on my Swinger....tempted to add it as I think it provides a nice contrast. What do you think about the chin spoilers?

Dartn440, believe it or not my goal with this car has been to kind of be low key. I had a fiberglass 6 pack hood for it. But once I found that everything would fit under the stock hood, the glass one went away. I've mulled over a go wing and now I don't think so. I have considered the chin spoiler but it would ruin my "theme" if you can call it that. There are some things with it that I believe accent it well and the front trim I believe makes the blue really pop. There's still the gutter trim to put on which will add more. I have to be honest, I at first had some big doubts about the color. But as I get the car further along and I see things come together, I believe it was a good choice for me. Thank you.

No sir. The mirrors will be black so I plan on gloss black stripes. I'm thinking it'll be just a little clash, the interior will be black with charcoal inserts ( already got). And believe it or not I have buckets with tracks but going to go with a split bench with center arm rest. As I've gotten older I've kind of spread out some and the buckets are a tad too narrow for my taste. I plan on spending time behind the wheel and comfort is important. I also just dropped some dollars on an EFI setup, sniper with the stealth fuel tank. That's going to be a whole new adventure. Going to set it up to control the timing also. So I guess I need to get this thing on the road so I will quit making changes. Which I know never quits but....

Last edited:
No the changes never stop...lol. Gloss black sounds good. I picked up some red stripes that were custom order NOS and did my whole car around them. I have bench seats in all my cars!

I'm also thinking about black steelies with red line dog dishes. But I've also thought about body color on the wheels. Decisions decisions.

I really like the dog dishes on the steel wheels. Got a nostalgia look to it.

I agree. I dressed up the red car by sticking trim rings on them too with the cop centers. I ended up getting a set for the red car from wheel vintiques because I needed custom backspacing. I will end up having to do the same on the Demon. I have a B body rear under it.

New project. Purchased from Pace Performance, John was excellent to work with.

IMG_2899.JPG

Do remember how much more it was to have different backspacing? I am going to get some rear 15×8 ralleys but I have a b body also in my duster.

22duster, I had a custom strange S-60 built for my Demon. I can't really answer you with good info to help you out. I know others have used B-body rears in the a bodies. Here's a thread that may help you.

will B or C body 8-3/4 fit under a 73 duster

Don't go the gloss black stripes...they'll look odd, I reckon.

Paint the mirrors matte black if you really want black mirrors, then do matte stripes.

Gloss stripes and gloss black hoods are a no-no, IMO!!

Here's my Demon for reference, not dark blue, but dark nonetheless:

demon_insurance_010.jpg

Hello Mr Gorsky, no black hood here. It's blue like the rest of the car. However you are correct that the mirrors will be like a matte black so the stripes probably should be as well. Thank you.

The steel wheels are a down the road idea. Goal right now is to have it on the road this summer. I wanna drive it and enjoy the time I get with my kids over the summer. Plus my dad is getting up there (74) and I want to do some things with him while he's still in fairly good health.

Just a quick update, I've been working on the rear quarter windows (no pics yet) but I do have all exterior lights in and operating. Just a quick shot of the tail panel. I did install the digitails and they are very bright.

IMG_2938.JPG

IMG_2972.PNG

-
Back