upgrade a/c compressor pictures

-

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am ugrading my Demon stroker motor with new a/c goodies. I seem to be a little tight on the fuel log routing. The alternator still needs to get installed. I was thinking of routing the fuel filter out the rear of the log and then use a 180 degree Russell fitting to run back along the valve cover and sneak through the alternator to the fuel pump? Anyone else done this conversion. I am using all the bouchillion brackets which seem to really work nice. You can see how I did away with the bypass hose by using a 1/2 pipe tap and threading the inside of the water pump housing to receive a Russell plug.

Attachments

• Demon ac install_0246.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 284
  • Demon ac install_0253.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 284
  • Demon ac install_0254.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 294
I am ugrading my Demon stroker motor with new a/c goodies. I seem to be a little tight on the fuel log routing. The alternator still needs to get installed. I was thinking of routing the fuel filter out the rear of the log and then use a 180 degree Russell fitting to run back along the valve cover and sneak through the alternator to the fuel pump? Anyone else done this conversion. I am using all the bouchillion brackets which seem to really work nice. You can see how I did away with the bypass hose by using a 1/2 pipe tap and threading the inside of the water pump housing to receive a Russell plug.

One more

Attachments

• Demon ac install_0246.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 279
You should not do away with the bypass hose, if you are going to run a thermostat. You should run a T-stat, unless it is strickly a race car, which I doubt, since you have A/C.

You should not do away with the bypass hose, if you are going to run a thermostat. You should run a T-stat, unless it is strickly a race car, which I doubt, since you have A/C.

Not a race car. But the bypass hose may have been in the way. I am understanding a thermostat of 160 degrees with three holes drilled in it will do the same as the bypass hose??

If you have holes (other then a small air bleed) in the thermostat, you are defeating the purpose of the Thermostat. In my opinion a 160 stat is too cold. 180 minimum, preferable a 195, if you do not have too high compression. The purpose of the bypass hose is to allow water to circulate through the engine, when the tstat is closed (BYPASSING the radiator) to keep hot spots from forming in the engine. If the bypass hose is in the way, you could use the heater hose hookups, without a water valve in the hoses.

If you have holes (other then a small air bleed) in the thermostat, you are defeating the purpose of the Thermostat. In my opinion a 160 stat is too cold. 180 minimum, preferable a 195, if you do not have too high compression. The purpose of the bypass hose is to allow water to circulate through the engine, when the tstat is closed (BYPASSING the radiator) to keep hot spots from forming in the engine. If the bypass hose is in the way, you could use the heater hose hookups, without a water valve in the hoses.

Ya, I think I will put the bypass hose back in place and run a 180 thermostat. I do have the room for the hose which I thought was going to be a space issue, but turns out it is not and issue so I will plan on putting it back. I think that would be the safe thing. Don't want to mess up a nice motor.

On my pictures I posted earlier in this forum, I did not have a problem with the bypass hose.

-
Back