upper A arm adjustment

-

cudaboy 67

Reaction score
hello all, have done the popular 73 dart disk conversion on my 68 barracuda,ie upper A arms,hub caliper etc etc.is there a "static" setting for position of cam bolts or somthing thats enough to get the car rolling and to garage/ramp to use level to set up, at the moment the car on axle stands on gravel on slight slope :pirate: thanks in advance for any help!

you should of marked the cam bolts before u removed them,,you would of been close,,,get the car on the ground make sure it is settled,,,and eye ball it,,you should be able to get it close enough to drive it to an alingment shop

What I did and it is dam close is pull the front of the arm all the way forward and move the rear all the way back.My Dart steers dead straight and no pulls.I was told this from this site from 3 members.

What I did and it is dam close is pull the front of the arm all the way forward and move the rear all the way back.My Dart steers dead straight and no pulls.I was told this from this site from 3 members.

Yep. Even that isn't optimum setting for radial tires. All you can get though without offset bushings. Initial setting with those would be probably be centered .

hello, thankyou for the input, my wheels 15" with fancy avon zz3 tyres,regarding cam bolts centered you mean head of bolt at 12 o clock centre or 6 o clock centre?

the eccentric lobe should rotate from 9 to 12 to 3. 12 would place the hex head at 6.

.................Heres how u will b pretty close.........turn the rear cam bolt till the control arm moves all the way in...tighten it.........turn the front bolt till the arm comes all the way out..........tighten.........now take it off the stands, u need level ground....if the top of the tire is leaning in or out alot adj the c a 2 correct it some......next u need 2 set the ride height.........loosen the nut on the pin 4 the control arm that comes thru the K member......adj the torsion bars via the bolt on the bottom of the lower c arm........bounce the car up and down a few times.........measure to the bottom of the wheel well, if ride height looks ok and ur mearurement is about the same side 2 side...tighten the c a nut on front of K frame..............center steering wheel....hopefully ur tires r pointing straight ahead, if not adj the tirods on both sides till there pretty straight.....measure across the front of ur front tires..at center rib....with a helper..note measurement.......measure across the rear of the tires, note measurement......front should b less by about 1/8 inch.....tighten everything back up........ur done finally......go 4 a cruise........happy motoring.........kim.........

-
Back