Upper Control Arm Mount, Early vs. Late

-

mr.e.meat

Reaction score
I have 1 1965 barracuda. It has a rusted front frame rail at the upper control arm mount location on the drivers side. All the UCA mount tabs are weak and I need to replace this section. I've found two sources for this part, Rust Repairs and Classic Industries. Rust Repairs states their part only fits 1967 and up. Classic Industries says it fits 1960 and up. Both can't be right. Jerry at Rust Repairs says he "thinks" the first generation were different than the second.

Any clarification between the differences between 1964 through 1966 and 1967 through 1969 upper control arm mounts would be greatly appreciated.

In a quick search Rock Auto lists the bushings, alignment bolts, and BJ's as the same.

Replacement a-arms from different mfgs. are listed as same.

Since control arms and bushings are the same the late parts WILL hold the arms, but I cannot make a claim that they will fit the frame rail the same way. I don't have any good pics of the late mounts, but if somebody can post pics of both a decision could be made...

At $200/each I think I'd look for good used. I sold a pair a while back. I don't remember what I got for them, but seems like it was around $25 for the pair. Those appear different, but not where it counts...

At $200/each I think I'd look for good used. I sold a pair a while back. I don't remember what I got for them, but seems like it was around $25 for the pair. Those appear different, but not where it counts...
I tend to agree.....I'll defend them a little though. You do get a good bit for that amount. Still though.....

Thanks, I`ll see what the frame guy says. Maybe able to save mine. One is bent.
I managed to fix a bent mount one time. The holes didn't line up from an obvious accident. I have no idea how the alignment went, however. You have four slots on each side. They should be in a line. I had to cut the weld and use a porta-power to push it back where it needed to be. Then reweld it.

-
Back