USPS doing their part to eliminate old Mopar parts

-
If those pictures are from the ad then you're screwed because it clearly shows cracked and are sold as is!

heres the wording used in the auction. it says no cracks

Dodge Plymouth 340 Exhaust Manifolds. Condition is Used.. no cracks , look great, just surface rust. Notice there is no heat riser.
I believe these part #'s are for any 68-70 A body

I recently purchased a nos inner fender on e-bay. It arrived bend and the seller blamed the post office. He just put a bunch of pieces of boxes taped together around it it looked like a newspaper wrap. Refused to do anything about it. I told him what did he think was going to happen to a piece of sheet metal and said if he needed additional $$ to ship it correctly he should have asked for it. What a dick! From now on I ask how it's going to be packaged.

I’ve always said the post office doesn’t like to handle heavy packages. I bought a 273 intake off a member on here,Outsder, and this is what was delivered to me today. But I have to also say the the seller, Outsder, refunded all my money promptly. Kudos to him. I just hate that there is one less original 273 4bl intake in existence.

View attachment 1715565881

View attachment 1715565882

View attachment 1715565883

View attachment 1715565884
Big Roy #1 hope you doing better !!!

Roy unfortunately the postal system has a bunch of Lasy A!# Sloths working there and they could care less what condition your item arrives in.

To bad Uncle Sam has to keep feeding that business them and Amtrak should have folded up years ago because both have been in the Red for 20+ years.

They are usually warped, and cracked, in one or more places, due to being 50+ years old. They can be welded up by someone who knows what they are doing. You will then need to have the flanges machined flat. I'd machine the flanges anyways, even if they didn't need welding. They are almost always warped.

If in the description it says cracked, oh well, but if it's not described that way then shame on the seller. I would of course touch base with them about it. Bad feedback is painful to the seller, but not as bad as over $500 spent for the part. You could even contact ebay and get their input. At least go down swinging.

-
Back