USPS doing their part to eliminate old Mopar parts

-
USPS to the rescue. Items arrived without any incidents, and was also very fast. Packaging is everything. Got to pack your stuff good, or s**t can happen. Factory 340 A body head pipes was a nice addition with these manifolds.

IMG_20200728_083249.jpg

You get what you paid for!

An intake should be in a crate, 1x4 frame, 1/4 plywood top and bottom.
Sure it will cost more but it will get there in one piece.
Cast iron is fragile, you might get away with putting an aluminium manifold in a priority box but I wouldn't even think of shipping cast iron without more protection.

It isn't USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL... fault is you didn't adequately package an item especially a heavy one.
When I ship stuff I assume it will be tossed, dropped and who knows what, pack acordingly.

Alan

Or look at how the parts manufacturers pack stuff. An intake like that is shipped all over the place, probably more than once, in a box about 2"-4" bigger in all directions. The part(s) are first placed in a plastic bag for protection. Then spray some expanding foam (readily available) in the box, put the bagged part(s) in the box, spray more expanding foam around and on top of the part(s), close up the box, and seal it with plenty of quality tape. That works fantastic 99.9% of the time.

My crate that was screwed together, and at the other end all he received was the lid and the screws thanks to the USPS.

and the saga continues. this is what i received today from fed ex. its not their fault. its the shippers fault. absolutly not one ounce of packing materials. gee-sh smfh. I haven't checked it for cracks yet.

DSC06410.JPG

DSC06411.JPG

Last edited:
and the saga continues. this is what i received today from fed ex. its not their fault. its the shippers fault. absolutly not one ounce of packing materials. gee-sh smfh. I haven't checked it for cracks yet.

View attachment 1715574452

View attachment 1715574453

Just plain pathetic. Is it that tough to wrap some bubble wrap around it? ****, even crumbled newspapers would work.

Empty 16oz water bottles work great and weigh nothing. crush to fit then let off slightly and put the cap on! Expanding foam will work but youll have to put the box in like a frame or something so the expanding foam wont bow out the box sides, and put a little vent in it so the foam has somewhere to escape. Have received stuff that was packed like that professionally.

and the saga continues. just got these delivered. i begged the person on ebay to pack them properly because of what they are it would be a terrible loss. only about a half an ounce of pack material. i pray they are not cracked. if they are my project will come to a screaching halt.

DSC06413.JPG

DSC06416.JPG

DSC06419.JPG

Yeah they looked cracked...I will give ya $250 for em

He said..."ship it the cheapest way possible..."

Lol
Response...
'Okay, broken it is.'

You got to put some newspaper around the sides and flat, like 3/8 worth.
I got one..same packing, not broke, but seriously, bulge the box..who cares, they dont, pack it till you have to tape the seams!
That was slid right off and onto a dolly from the back of themail van by discerned mail carrier. No doubt.
I've had cams broke in half before by ups.

yup sure as **** the number one front corner is cracked. im devastated. any one know if that can be fixed?????

DSC06426.JPG

DSC06423.JPG

DSC06425.JPG

Knowing how sleazy some of these parts sellers are that may have been cracked (which is what it looks like to me)when he placed it into that box that way knowing that someone would blame USPS or which ever.

Last edited:
his insurance wont pay for that pack job. its all on him/her. what should i do get a refund or ???

Knowing how sleazy some of these parts sellers are that may have been cracked (which is what it looks like to me)when he placed it into that box that way knowing that someone would blame USPS or which ever.

i just looked at the pictures from ebay and yup it was cracked before it was shipped. heres a pic from the ebay auction. should i send them back or try to get it fixed ???
pic from ebay.jpg

ebay pic.jpg

Last edited:
i just looked at the pictures from ebay and yup it was cracked before it was shipped. heres a pic from the ebay auction.

i just looked at the pictures from ebay and yup it was cracked before it was shipped. heres a pic from the ebay auction.

View attachment 1715577112

View attachment 1715577113
That's a bummer. You have to watch these ebay meth heads, they tell you to "look at the pictures closely and ask questions before bidding". Almost happened to me until I figured out the subliminal message( that there's something wrong can you see it?) and then double and triple check.

Hopefully you paid by PP as goods purchased?

yeah paid through PayPal/eBay so it shouldn't be a problem to get my money back. i thought i got an OK deal on them if they weren't cracked. they were $449 plus $46.07 shipping. the guy didn't put the word MOPAR in the auction title is why i think the bidding didn't go higher.

that why i send a proper invoice to anyone i sell to in case something goes wrong the buyer will have some recourse against me. i always try to pack everything real nice with overkill because handing out refunds sucks when its because of my stupidity. at least packing them properly i can actually blame it on the shipper and claim insurance if they mishandle items.

yeah paid through PayPal/eBay so it shouldn't be a problem to get my money back. i thought i got an OK deal on them if they weren't cracked. they were $449 plus $46.07 shipping. the guy didn't put the word MOPAR in the auction title is why i think the bidding didn't go higher.

that why i send a proper invoice to anyone i sell to in case something goes wrong the buyer will have some recourse against me. i always try to pack everything real nice with overkill because handing out refunds sucks when its because of my stupidity. at least packing them properly i can actually blame it on the shipper and claim insurance if they mishandle items.
What is sad is PP takes the attitude of the buyer has to ship it back to the Seller to get your original amount you paid refunded. But the buyer is out the cost of shipping them back. It’s better if you can work out a partial refund and get the manifolds welded. Though do to the fact that the seller was less than honest in disclosing the cracks, I wouldn’t count on him being fair.

BTW, the "UPS Store" is sometimes owned by UPS but most of them are franchises. Why does this matter?...

If your item is damaged, UPS routinely blames "inadequate packing" (as in The Rainmaker - first deny all claims); but if the UPS Store that packed it is a franchise location, UPS will wash their hands since they don't own the store!

If those pictures are from the ad then you're screwed because it clearly shows cracked and are sold as is!

Doh!

Jb weld ,brass braise it...its keeping it from growing that's I think the real issue. It could seal with rtv for all ya know... damn.

If those pictures are from the ad then you're screwed because it clearly shows cracked and are sold as is!

Doh!

Jb weld ,brass braise it...its keeping it from growing that's I think the real issue. It could seal with rtv for all ya know... damn.
Your probably right. But the fact that the picture shows the cracks, the seller knew they were cracked and was hoping the buyer didn’t see them and will now claim that he clearly had shown the cracks. At the very least deceitful practices.

Your probably right. But the fact that the picture shows the cracks, the seller knew they were cracked and was hoping the buyer didn’t see them and will now claim that he clearly had shown the cracks. At the very least deceitful practices.
I agree.

Wall hangers.

I just received a PM from a member I sold a early timing cover I shipped USPS on June 1st. He wrote me this evening to say he just received it today! 74 days! He does live in Norway but damn.

-
Back