UTG 727 destruction

-
I watched the video. I guess I should have tagged @Killer6
Yeah, if that's 4300# unladen, it's probably pushin 4500# with Her & a full tank, add the torque of a decent-build 512ci & that trans should've had the most bulletproof stuff in it.

Thats the problem. All these guys think truth is hate. They couldn’t grow up in my generation. They’d spend all day in their safe space, crying it out.
I'm 45 years old - so i do not know what you are trying to infer about my age or generation. It seems to me there is a lot of crying about Tony and his Youtube channel.

I don't understand the anti tony stuff.

He is by no means the absolute expert on this stuff, but then who is??

He's entertaining..... he gets viewers excited about working on their junk, at least I have.

Once my dart got rear ended, I wasn't in the mood to work on anything. A few of these youtube channels helped me get the bug again and I'm back on it, this time on a different car.

Leave the scruffy dude alone.

I'm 45 years old - so i do not know what you are trying to infer about my age or generation. It seems to me there is a lot of crying about Tony and his Youtube channel.

I have never EVER been critical of UTG. I subscribe to and watch his channel.

Doesn’t mean I agree with everything he says because I damn sure don’t. Doesn’t mean I always disagree with him all the time either.

He has his audience and he does well with it, but I for sure would not be in his target audience. Like I said, I subscribe and watch so what does that tell you?

What I have said from the beginning and will say again the entire “mission impossible” plan was dumb from the jump. I said there would be nothing new learned. That it would have mission creep.

Both are 100% true. If you are learning something from the series that’s fine, but I suggest to you to unlearn it.

We have guys who claim that certain years of 318‘s had higher compression but he has NEVER actually MEASURED for actual compression ratio, so I can say for sure he doesn’t have ******* CLUE how much compression anything has because it MUST be measured.

People are being taught that floating pins are a power gain. It’s not. Is it better? That depends. It depends on the application but for something like MI its just mental masturbation.

So is grinding on the rods to save 43 grams and then use a heavy OE piston.

So I don’t know where you come up with me hating UTG. I don’t hate him or his channel.

What bothers me as someone who is in the industry is a project like this that set back actual simple engine building back to the 1970’s, which in engine building goes back to the time of the Exodus.

Thats all. No hate.

He's entertaining..... he gets viewers excited about working on their junk, at least I have.

Once my dart got rear ended, I wasn't in the mood to work on anything. A few of these youtube channels helped me get the bug again and I'm back on it, this time on a different car.

They have to have someone they can beat on so they can feel good about themselves. That's the conclusion I've come to. I couldn't imagine being that insecure. It's really too bad, because Tony would do anything in the world within his power to help anyone on here.

I do not understand the hate that some Mopar people have for other Mopar people. Some of you guys must have the best, most sorted out cars on the planet, and you must be perfect. Maybe we should all turn our cars over to you so you can save us from ourselves.
If its junk like Uncle Tony's cars, no you can keep it ...:lol:

They have to have someone they can beat on so they can feel good about themselves. That's the conclusion I've come to. I couldn't imagine being that insecure. It's really too bad, because Tony would do anything in the world within his power to help anyone on here.
He didn't help that guy from New York on that 318 build..he threw Al under the bus right quick, Lambchop... he treated him like a retard, and Lammy had cancer the whole time working on Tony's POS Coronet junker.

Dont forget he ran the junkyard jet kids off as well. He had them doing all that BS with surfacing heads with a block of wood and sandpaper, and honing each cylinder for 8 hours!! After they first started the engine, they dissapeared a few months, and tore the engine back down and sent it to be properly machined, tony kicked them out of the shop for that.

He didn't help that guy from New York on that 318 build..he threw Al under the bus right quick, Lambchop... he treated him like a retard, and Lammy had cancer the whole time working on Tony's POS Coronet junker.
I never said I disagreed with any of your points or that he is without fault.

Something I just thought of... sure UTG gives some misleading information and methods, but it's not really different than going on one of the Mopar groups on fartbook and getting misinformation from the MANY "Uncle's cousin's sister's grandpa had a 440 Hemi Chrysler cop car" or "I've been doing this for the past 150 years so I know what I'm talking about" morons. I'm willing to bet some of you older guys knew of people like that "in your time" as well.

We live in a time of instant access to everyone's opinion and information whether it's correct or not. That's just the way it is. A lot of this hobby is doing stuff wrong and learning the hard way, anyway. I doubt any younger person into working on and building older cars isn't only watching UTG and nothing else. There's been a proliferation of legit Mopar and classic car YouTubers recently.

Last edited:

Nope! He screwed me on parts! And he talks a whole lot about what he doesn't know! Enjoy him all you want...... I'll throw a dagger at him when I feel the need....

JW

Something I just thought of... sure UTG gives some misleading information and methods, but it's not really different than going on one of the Mopar groups on fartbook and getting misinformation from the MANY "Uncle's cousin's sister's grandpa had a 440 Hemi Chrysler cop car" or "I've been doing this for the past 150 years so I know what I'm talking about" morons. I'm willing to bet some of you older guys knew of people like that "in your time" as well.

We live in a time of instant access to everyone's opinion and information whether it's correct or not. That's just the way it is. A lot of this hobby is doing stuff wrong and learning the hard way, anyway. I doubt any younger person into working on and building older cars isn't only watching UTG and nothing else. There's been a proliferation of legit Mopar and classic car YouTubers recently.
You make some good, valid points. But a big difference is that UTG exists for the SOLE purpose of making a buck, nothing more. And he does so by making videos of garbage cars, junk engines, and tips on working on points distributors. Hes a slimy 2 bit used car salesman type, who has found a way to make money off of idiots. On the other hand, you have sites like this, FABO, where you get BETTER advice from guys that actually DO know what they are doing, for free. I've been here for years, and help where I can, not trying to make a "quick buck"

The guy was on this site for just about 10 years selling parts, I don't think he ever offered any tech advice.
I mistook him as someone else in the drag racing world. For that I am ashamed.

You make some good, valid points. But a big difference is that UTG exists for the SOLE purpose of making a buck, nothing more. And he does so by making videos of garbage cars, junk engines, and tips on working on points distributors. Hes a slimy 2 bit used car salesman type, who has found a way to make money off of idiots. On the other hand, you have sites like this, FABO, where you get BETTER advice from guys that actually DO know what they are doing, for free. I've been here for years, and help where I can, not trying to make a "quick buck"

Fair point. I completely agree about FABO too, no other forum like it, only place I come for advice and info. I've been on here almost half my life so far LOL.

African or European?
tumblr_1f610e186baef1f83038bd1c02a10e6e_6ef9a527_500.gif

LOL!

The guy was on this site for just about 10 years selling parts, I don't think he ever offered any tech advice.
I mistook him as someone else in the drag racing world. For that I am ashamed.
That's what he really is/was a parts flipper. If one looks closely they can see it in his studio, the props he has is leftover parts from his parting out venture.

Last edited:
Tony does a disservice to the community by polluting it with disinformation. That is the very short version of why he isn't good for old car folks and the old car community in general.

Not that I ever watched many of Tony's videos, but when he had a whole one on how important the pinion snubber was, (Hahahaha!) , that was it. Goodbye.

Not sure if you're comparing Dulcich and Freiburger with UTG but more for everyone else here, those guys know how to properly build an engine and car *when they want to*. Great examples are the F-Rod ('31 Ford with 572" BBC that ran in the 8's first time out) and the current version of the General Mayhem. When they do break stuff or do things wrong they own up to it with no reservations or blame on others and have entire episodes based on fixing and improving on their mistakes and then putting their creations to the test, usually with lots of abuse.

I'm not the biggest fan of the original Roadkill (don't hate it either) but Roadkill Garage and Engine Masters are great series for real-world hobbyists. They aren't experts at building full-on race engines but they don't claim to be. I hope to meet them at an event at some point and show them my Duster which has been built in a way similar to many of their projects.

-
Back