UTG 727 destruction

-
I've never seen anyone laugh at failure, I've only seen them heading out in frustration.
I have, especially if you sit in the bleachers. Some people laugh at the relief they didn't get hurt.
There is a saying, 'It's always funny until someone gets hurt' or 'Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else'.
Like it or not, it's a normal psychological reaction. Shock, then relief.
Then again we Aussies tend not to be as tightly wound as others .

Last edited:
I think using "UTG" in a FABO thread title is click bait ....
fastest way to grow a thread !!!

:lol:

I haven't seen a 727 blow (live) but I have seen a cast iron flywheel blow, inside a stock aluminum bellhousing. High rpm small block in a 56 Chevy. Minor injuries to the driver (VERY lucky) truly ugly injuries to the car.

I haven't seen a 727 blow (live) but I have seen a cast iron flywheel blow, inside a stock aluminum bellhousing. High rpm small block in a 56 Chevy. Minor injuries to the driver (VERY lucky) truly ugly injuries to the car.
Radiator fan blade, that's a good one as well.

Last edited:
Even though the sprag in a 904 is far less likely to spin in the case, the outer ring can crack and have basically the same results.
The lighter drum in the 904 is just less likely to explode.

Best of luck getting it to critical mass. Will a cracked drum explode, yes, because it is already compromised. A good one has to spin around 18-19K+ to hit critical mass. Not many street guys are getting there.

In all the years I've been around this stuff, the number of 904 drum explosions = 0

Can't say that for the 727.

I put a hole in the hood of my 57 Chevy when I tossed a GENERATOR fan blade. Don't wanna think about a cooling fan coming apart.
Yep, and if it only puts a dent in the hood, you still got to shrink that sucker out to repair it.

Last edited:
I got two words for you...Don Garlits

That was a good one and driver dude got to keep his foot too

In this case, apparently, lol!! 4300#(is that with or w/o Her?) tank+512ci+no billet drum=disaster waiting to happen.
Not sure what “with or w/o Her” has to do with anything.

Not sure what “with or w/o Her” has to do with anything.
The weight of 4300 pounds, atleast that's what I understood, since it was her car. If you watch the video it says that

Best of luck getting it to critical mass. Will a cracked drum explode, yes, because it is already compromised. A good one has to spin around 18-19K+ to hit critical mass. Not many street guys are getting there.

In all the years I've been around this stuff, the number of 904 drum explosions = 0

Can't say that for the 727.

Yep, the closest I have seen in person was a 904 sun gear shell flared out enough to start cutting the case in half from the inside.
Had not come through yet.

-
Back