UTG 727 destruction

-
I won't fund that idiocy, anybody got cliff notes as to how it went.
Was it being Neutral dropped, burn out or something or just driving.

Or is that **** spread out for visual effect in the picture. There are usually a lot of holes in sheet metal and windows when they let loose.
You could just watch it.

I won't fund that idiocy, anybody got cliff notes as to how it went.
Was it being Neutral dropped, burn out or something or just driving.

Or is that **** spread out for visual effect in the picture. There are usually a lot of holes in sheet metal and windows when they let loose.
Ok no one asked you anyway.

The sprag is not the real issue. It's the drum. The sprag failing creates the issue where the drum fails. If the drum was built better, the sprag failure would be moot. 904's don't have this issue. There have been explosions of billet druims in 727's, they are rare though.

Generally the sprag ring doesn't spin, the rollers and springs get shocked/smashed up and all detent is lost to hold the rear drum. Then the front drum can go on it's merry way above about 12K rpm, reach critical mass and boom.

Poor burnout technique, letting the tires bite while still in the throttle in first gear out of a burnout, breaking an axle/driveshaft, rear gear can roll the sprag making the "safety"/design feature of the sprag disappear. A low band apply valve body can help, not a guarantee to save a sprag.

Even though the sprag in a 904 is far less likely to spin in the case, the outer ring can crack and have basically the same results.
The lighter drum in the 904 is just less likely to explode.

I do not understand the hate that some Mopar people have for other Mopar people. Some of you guys must have the best, most sorted out cars on the planet, and you must be perfect. Maybe we should all turn our cars over to you so you can save us from ourselves.

I do not understand the hate that some Mopar people have for other Mopar people. Some of you guys must have the best, most sorted out cars on the planet, and you must be perfect. Maybe we should all turn our cars over to you so you can save us from ourselves.
Tall poppy syndrome.
The guy makes a dollar in free market America and some people just can't deal with it.
In a thread which should really revolve around what happened to the auto, and the result, all these guys can seem to do is revolve around Tony.
Tony is this and Tony is that.. like it's some sort of newly discovered revelation.
You know, Tony sounds like a nicer guy than some of people posting about him..

Last edited:
I’ve heard and read for years about how durable the Mopar transmissions are but I also see stuff like this.
How come I don’t hear about dudes that barf the transmission in their Chevelle or Fairlane?
What is mechanically different that leads to this?
I did burnouts all the time in several Mopars with and without Sure Grip diffs. I never had one fail from that. I’ve had them lose reverse or third gear, I’ve had them just give up and fail completely but never break anything like this.

It's not "hate" it's more, let's not glorify some unemployed dumbass who makes a living off producing low grade, non-informative content at others expense. The guy is a hack, a butcher, and probably couldn't hold a job at a jiffy lube. That's not hate, that's just reality

It's not "hate" it's more, let's not glorify some unemployed dumbass who makes a living off producing low grade, non-informative content at others expense. The guy is a hack, a butcher, and probably couldn't hold a job at a jiffy lube. That's not hate, that's just reality

Thats the problem. All these guys think truth is hate. They couldn’t grow up in my generation. They’d spend all day in their safe space, crying it out.

I think "glorify" is a bit of a stretch.
And let's not talk about who's getting "triggered" around here, because it just seems to be all the same old faces..

Uhhh, you clearly defined hatred right there.

Lots of chuckles, and fun-having.
Wonder how much fun it would be if the driver lost his foot.....?
Lets not bullshit around, most people laugh at a fail when no one gets hurt, it's a normal human response.

Lets not bullshit around, most people laugh at a fail when no one gets hurt, it's a normal human response.
You haven't been to the track much, have you?
I've never seen anyone laugh at failure, I've only seen them heading out in frustration.

I’ve heard and read for years about how durable the Mopar transmissions are but I also see stuff like this.
How come I don’t hear about dudes that barf the transmission in their Chevelle or Fairlane?
What is mechanically different that leads to this?
I did burnouts all the time in several Mopars with and without Sure Grip diffs. I never had one fail from that. I’ve had them lose reverse or third gear, I’ve had them just give up and fail completely but never break anything like this.
Nor have I, but I burned-up a bunch of low/reverse bands manual shifting 1st-2nd, but then all of My higher powered rides were 4-gears. If You watched Cope's video, He explains how GMs can grenade on the top end, if You're not careful.
One night at Keystone, the '73 Satellite I put a 440 in for a guy, popped the rear u-joint....the original flash-bang...on a post-burnout dry-hop. Luckily He was letting off just as it went, so it didn't grenade, but We just replaced the whole thing. The DC/MP racing manuals warn You of this potential with exclamations for good reason. If You pop a rear/joint/axle/sprag etc., even if it didn't blow, it must be inspected/repaired or it may blow on the next romp.

-
Back