UTG wins!

-
UTG 1 - Casper 0
That's the long and short of it alright. After seeing both versions, I'm completely inclined to believe there was no sandbaggin involved. It was a legit win. It was entertaining and that's what it's all about.

Andy told me there is going to be a converter change, then work with the dominators. I think we can expect a round 2 in the future. Andy isn't happy with the way the truck performed. They should use a pro tree for a heads up race, no need to worry about redlighting.
Showing up for a race for 5k thats been how long in the making without setting up you carbs and the wrong convertor is pretty silly.

Showing up for a race for 5k thats been how long in the making without setting up you carbs and the wrong convertor is pretty silly.
Especially when that combo already ran in the 6s. Somehow the converter stopped working and his freshly setup dominators **** the bed right before the race. I will give UTG credit tho, he DID make a full pass under power, and it actually seemed to hold together. That IS a spectacular achievement!

Especially when that combo already ran in the 6s. Somehow the converter stopped working and his freshly setup dominators **** the bed right before the race. I will give UTG credit tho, he DID make a full pass under power, and it actually seemed to hold together. That IS a spectacular achievement!
I'm guessing with his converter the carbs better be dead on or it all goes to crap. I sure it's not the first time a fussy acting carb cost somebody hard earned cash in a race.

I'm guessing with his converter the carbs better be dead on or it all goes to crap. I sure it's not the first time a fussy acting carb cost somebody hard earned cash in a race.
Its said Andy is a very experienced bracket racer, and a supposed carburetor "guru", with a lot of technical help from david vizard. The whole thing just doesn't pass the common sense test.

Its said Andy is a very experienced bracket racer, and a supposed carburetor "guru", with a lot of technical help from david vizard. The whole thing just doesn't pass the common sense test.
We all have bad days regardless of experience or skill level. I know I do anyway and I suspect Andy does too.

Some folks got nothing better to do than hate, whether Tony won by having the better ride or because Andy screwed up it doesn't matter, but anyone, after watching the videos that thinks Andy threw the race is an ________! fill in the blank with the word you feel appropriate.

I think a lot of people just don’t understand that it’s all just stuff and not worth getting that up in the air over.

RUMOR ALERT!!! This is totally a someone told me he said type thing, I CANNOT CONFIRM.....but I was told Andy had some kind of bluetooth capable distributor setup, to control timing from his phone, and they wanted to pull timing to "make it a race" and make sure it looked legit on the in car camera, but accidentally pulled too much, and the truck just layed right down. I dunno, just what was said!

Some folks got nothing better to do than hate, whether Tony won by having the better ride or because Andy screwed up it doesn't matter, but anyone, after watching the videos that thinks Andy threw the race is an ________! fill in the blank with the word you feel appropriate.
Relax little buddy, calling people "haters" and getting triggered enough to insinuate people who disagree with you are "________! Is pretty childish. This is America, and at least for the moment, we are all allowed to speak our opinion!

RUMOR ALERT!!! This is totally a someone told me he said type thing, I CANNOT CONFIRM.....but I was told Andy had some kind of bluetooth capable distributor setup, to control timing from his phone, and they wanted to pull timing to "make it a race" and make sure it looked legit on the in car camera, but accidentally pulled too much, and the truck just layed right down. I dunno, just what was said!
Thank goodness for rumors. For a minute I thought you were going to have to accept that Tony won the race.

Thank goodness for rumors. For a minute I thought you were going to have to accept that Tony won the race.
Find and quote where I said he DIDN'T win the race. I'll wait.

I’m all in for a new match (which would be a grudge match race indeed!) featuring UTG vs replicaracer43 for a Mopar vs. Mopar race…
:lol:
No disrespect intended, because at least there would be no questions about that being a legitimate race with no punches pulled! And yeah, my $$$ is on replicaracer43. I’ve seen his work standards, and they’re intense in the best way possible.

****, all I got is a pump gas, iron head 340 in a duster street car. Full interior, all steel minus the hood, and no power adders. For a real 5 thousand to win race, I'd be down!

It's also on factory 52 year old leaf springs, and some left over kyb shocks. I'll have to be like a grudge racer and not tell you what it runs. Or 60fts. I'd take another 5k race with casper too!

Screenshot_20210709-083241_Video Player.jpg

And a interesting tid bit, the car, and most of the engine junk was bought right of of FABO, one peice at a time!

I know you would take bottle rocket no problem! It would be a race worth watching with Casper running right.

I know you would take bottle rocket no problem! It would be a race worth watching with Casper running right.
I'll race them both for $5000 and give them a 60ft head start. Sounds fair to me.
****, all I got is a pump gas, iron head 340 in a duster street car. Full interior, all steel minus the hood, and no power adders. For a real 5 thousand to win race, I'd be down!
You have to give them a head start or pull a wire. lol

-
Back