V-Gate 2 in-line shifter rods.

-

Dorian

dorian
Reaction score
I have a 68 baracuda coupe with a Big block and an 833 4 speed with a Dana 60.
I have a V-gate 2 inline shifter but no install kit ( part # 373-8180) from Hurst. Apparently the install kit is no longer available for an a body application, but the b-body one is still available ( part # 373-8182).
This is a Drag car with the stock floor in it but I was wondering if anyone knows how far back the b-body kit would set back my shifter as apposed to the a body one?

Thanks,

Gary

I bought a installation kit from Hurst less than 2-years ago. Have you tried them directly? Also, the Hurst stuff will work on the Mr. Gasket v-gate shifters. I had bought a Mr. Gasket V-gate shifter off of EBAY. It came with the installation for the B-body. I called Hurst direct, they gave me the part number. I ordered it from Jegs.

I have the V-Gate shifter in my Dart. I bought a new install kit from Summit a few years ago. I replaced my old rods and levers with the new ones. I didn't really need to replace the old ones. I still have the old rods and levers except I can't find the reverse lever. I know I have it somewhere. I also have the mount that bolts to the trans. I don't have any bolts so you would have to supply them. You have to modify the floor a little to fit the shifter. Let me know if this will help.

Fred B

Dart 2 004.jpg

-
Back