V10 engine in an A body? For Sale?

-

T4613

Reaction score
I have a unused V10 engine and a 73 scamp with a 68 340 engine, I was hoping to sell the v10 to finance completion of my project. I find myself tempted by the new v10 on the floor. Anyone know of one fitting in an A body? Thanks Ron

I think it be too much work and cost too much. Why not just put a 440 in like many other folks. Make about the same power and maybe fit better. Whats you going to do about headers, make your own. Same with mounts, hooking the trans up, intake manifold unless you keep it FI then good luck tuning it. Hey, you got money to burn and want it to be in "hot rod" mag. go for it. You want a fast powerful motor get a 440. Thats what I would do.

dodge freak said:
I think it be too much work and cost too much. Why not just put a 440 in like many other folks. Make about the same power and maybe fit better. Whats you going to do about headers, make your own. Same with mounts, hooking the trans up, intake manifold unless you keep it FI then good luck tuning it. Hey, you got money to burn and want it to be in "hot rod" mag. go for it. You want a fast powerful motor get a 440. Thats what I would do.
Literally a 360 with 1 more piston on each side. Get a shogun remote water pump and manifold and an electric pusher fan in front of the radiator and youll have room to spare. Now the trans fitting in the tunnel is another story.

The V10 shouldnt be any longer than a /6 should it? Like pishta said its really only one cylinder longer than a 360. I say go for it and be different from the rest of the people out there.

Go for it. You got the biggest pieces, now ya just gotta fit it together, I don't see any major hurdles, other than maybe $.

dodge freak said:
I like doing stuff the easy way, I guess :sleepy5:

Me too. It's far from "just a 360..." Try finding a flex plate or flywheel, addinf the fuel system, and fitting a radiator in front of the support. Or clearing the oil pan sump, and geting the management system wired and functioning. It would certainly be cool and a riot to drive, but that's not a decision to be made like "maybe I'll stick the V8 in a /6" deal...

-
Back