V8 in slant 6 k member. What am I doing wrong

-
Pull a few measurements and compare them to the measurements TTI lists: Footnote #39

upload_2021-12-24_21-8-41.png

upload_2021-12-24_21-9-22.png

Pull a few measurements and compare them to the measurements TTI lists: Footnote #39
View attachment 1715841976

The stock oilpan should be just high enough to not rattle on the K, and be a super PITA to remove "in frame". For TTI installation, the lower the better. On mine I think I could just get my thumbs between the corners of the oilpan and the K. I had to shim one side a lil to level the carb from side to side; I forget which side, lol. I'll guess it was the driver's side.

The stock oilpan should be just high enough to not rattle on the K, and be a super PITA to remove "in frame". For TTI installation, the lower the better. On mine I think I could just get my thumbs between the corners of the oilpan and the K. I had to shim one side a lil to level the carb from side to side; I forget which side, lol. I'll guess it was the driver's side.
The measurements weren't taking "yours" into consideration, they are factory measurements. Not everything revolves around your precious 367. If you ever had it.

Australian cars beg to differ.
It is NOT offset to clear those items. It is offset in order to line it up with the pinion in the differential

From what I remember, that's one of the reasons exactly why they WERE offset. To create proper driveshaft angles. I have no dog in this hunt, the engines WERE intentionally offset to passenger side.

OP, your stuff is fine. The /6 pedestal on the driver's side of your k frame is the same as on a smallblock k. Using a smallblock bracket and mount on the driver's side locates the engine in the factory location. The passenger side bracket should just level things out, and does not change the location of the engine. The truck mount just happens to fit the bill perfectly. And it's all factory parts, just a different initial application. So no need to worry about replacement parts down the road.
I think your pic may be a little deceiving, and the pan is a bit closer than it appears- I have done a number of these exactly this way and others with various conversion mounts (Schumacher and Trans-Dapt), in addition to factory versions. Placement was always right where the factory versions are. If you look at the former Schumacher conversion mounts, the pass side is patterned after the Mopar truck bracket.
I have two different factory smallblocks in my shop right now- a '68 and a '75; both of them locate the pan 3+" off the k frame; and that's with old mounts on them- so you look to be right in the ballpark.
Time to tune out the noise and move on.

The measurements weren't taking "yours" into consideration, they are factory measurements. Not everything revolves around your precious 367. If you ever had it.
Sometimes I think you're pretty smart,
but at other times I think you purposely just go looking for trouble.
Unlike you, I'm Not looking for trouble, but rather, actually trying to help. I was just giving a real-world example........ based of the published number, which I reasoned might be easier to measure, than the published number.
I think your pain must be clouding your reasoning abilities. I don't know why you put up with it.
My Daddy always told me, that if I didn't have something constructive to say, than I shouldn't say anything at all. I honor my Father after his death even as I did while he was still living. There is a Promise attached to doing such. Tell me; what honor or Promise is attached to spewing hurtful words?

Sometimes I think you're pretty smart,
but at other times I think you purposely just go looking for trouble.
Unlike you, I'm Not looking for trouble, but rather, actually trying to help. I was just giving a real-world example........ based of the published number, which I reasoned might be easier to measure, than the published number.
I think your pain must be clouding your reasoning abilities. I don't know why you put up with it.
My Daddy always told me, that if I didn't have something constructive to say, than I shouldn't say anything at all. I honor my Father after his death even as I did while he was still living. There is a Promise attached to doing such. Tell me; what honor or Promise is attached to spewing hurtful words?
lol

Is this the point where I bring up green bearings or Joe Biden, so we can send this thread off the rails in grand fashion?

-
Back