[WANTED] V8 K Member

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one from a 70 Duster so put me on the list but I'm not in Florida.

Ken
Edison, NJ

67-72 I guess, I got a really good deal on a 318 and 904... So now I need the k member the engine only has 1000 miles on it and the trans has 3000 the engine mounts are even new... I sure it will cost me a fortune in the end but I am having to do a bunch of body work as I got hit in the rear quarter, but Haggerty paid for it so if I am going to fix the body again, I figured I might as well make her a little more fun and add the v8

I have have a 68 to 72 V8 one 175.00 plus shipping

Attachments

• IMG_2852.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_2853.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_2854.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_2855.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_2856.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_2857.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 262
as for the shipping these actually ship fairly cheaply, not near as heavy or bulky as you would imagine , ive shipped a couple and they were in the 25-30 range

So are the new engine mounts failsafe spool type or earlier biscuit type ? When I have a choice I'll choose the failsafe. When the left biscuit type mount breaks, chit happens, fans eat shrouds, and in extreme conditions shifter could move to neutral and cause over rev'.
You're going a bunch of linkage and other small parts, and maybe a radiator.
Even the throttle cables are different.
Another question is what do you have for brakes ?

I believe that the 67 K-frames are different where the idler arm mounts.

Thanks for all the offers...I have one heading my way with the steering piece I need for the v8 for $150....is that a good deal?

Also took carb off of the slant in my 1972 scamp...and put it on my 1968 valiant slant because the one on there cracked...anyhow now the one I moved over has cracked in the same spot....wtf? Maybe the intake is warped???? Anyhow will be needing another holley 1920... So if anyone has one lying around let me know...but please remember the car is a piece...just would like to drive her to work while the other is out of commission. This sucks, now, family is down to one car again....

Thanks again to all the replies...also going to need v8 wiring harness for engine? And a good manual steering box...also using a 904 that came with the 318... So do I need a new trans mount or should the s6 trans mount still work. Perhaps I am in over my head...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back