Valiant Charger beginnings

-

brewil

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Finally bought the car back to South Africa from Australia (for the second time-I really love my car!)

Stripped it in Aus and shipped it here and then had it trucked to my dads amazing farm in Botrivier outside Cape Town. He has very graciously helped me out, with the occasional "f**King tools, F**king hell, this bloody f**king thing" thrown in during our monumentous battle with the leaf springs today. He is Australian after all!

So made little makeshift wheels that bolted to the k-member bolt holes and took the Borg-Warner diff out finally!!!!! Bloody heavy for a 7 1/4 inch diff!!!

Took the Hemi 265 and Borg-Warner 3 speed out last weekend plus the torsion bars, Billstein shocks etc etc. All running gear is going to Mopar guy here in South Africa so when I can finally afford Bill Reillys stuff I will order, ship, pay customs their exhorbitant taxes and install the suckers front and back. WIll be putting in a 410 stroker, Cope Racing trans eventually and fix up my massive Dana 60 with internal and axles and brakes from Dr Diff! Plus many more fantastic little bits and pieces.

Enjoy the slow progress!

2.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

10.jpg

Hemi 265.jpg

Man I want that Engine/Trans setup!
Don't even want to think what shipping would be from SA to here.
Oh well..... Maybe another one will show up some day.

Later,
Bruce B.

-
Back