Vegas to Texas

-
Thank you so much

I think your northern route might be a bit cooler as a general rule Tucson is 10 degrees hotter on average than Albuquerque for example.

I can be available in Northern to central AZ if needed.
My Son and Brother live in Kingman, so we probably got you covered for a few hundred miles anyway.
Tried to Pm you my number but your inbox is full.

Take spray bottles for water to spray yourself with.
It helps a lot.

Last edited:
I think your northern route might be a bit cooler as a general rule Tucson is 10 degrees hotter on average than Albuquerque for example.

I can be available in Northern to central AZ if needed.
My Son and Brother live in Kingman, so we probably got you covered for a few hundred miles anyway.
Tried to Pm you my number but your inbox is full.

Take spray bottles for water to spray yourself with.
It helps a lot.
Just cleared out the inbox, thank you TB. Between you and other members I've got the entire state of AZ and most of TX covered! This community is amazing, my wife and I are very thankful.

Jared

Just cleared out the inbox, thank you TB. Between you and other members I've got the entire state of AZ and most of TX covered! This community is amazing, my wife and I are very thankful.

Jared

I don't have a trailer, just my car but I could get you somewhere or back and forth to your car if needed.
Pretty fair with a wrench and making things work too.
Re PMing ya.

Just want to say thank you to everyone who has offered assistance and well wishes. I'm feeling much more confident and less stressed which is invaluable to me. Thank you sincerely.

Jared

Update: I think the fuel pump died. No start and nothing visible in the filter. Waiting on the pump to get from the warehouse to my local store. Also idler arm is shot, got the arm just need to get it running and into a shady spot to swap the idler. Feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment. This 110° heat ain't helping.

Couple of pics

20180720_150438.jpg

IMG_20180719_191706.jpg

Pull your oil dipstick and make sure no smell of gas and not overfull since you just changed it....make sure it was not pumping gas into the motor.
You should just have two rubber hose to check for cracks one back by the tank and other by the fuel pump(pump could be good and sucking air)
Hey Jared,I am locking up shop and will be home in 15 minutes call me or I will call you.

Martin-

Sorry if I missed your call, Julie has my phone. No fuel in the oil, thankfully. I had a pretty big bog this morning before it stopped starting. I thought that was kind of weird since I just insulated the carburetor, and that problem had gone away. I think maybe the diaphragm collapsed........

Vapor locking can be low fuel pressure,hoping fuel pump fixes it...call me when you can.

Update: I think the fuel pump died. No start and nothing visible in the filter. Waiting on the pump to get from the warehouse to my local store. Also idler arm is shot, got the arm just need to get it running and into a shady spot to swap the idler. Feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment. This 110° heat ain't helping.

Wait til u get around tex., and okla. , u wont mind 110* dry heat !

Wait til u get around tex., and okla. , u wont mind 110* dry heat !

My wife is from Austin, I've lived there for 3 years before. Ill take the humid Texas heat all day long over Vegas. People don't realize that Vegas has a monsoon season from July to September and its humid as hell and 115 degrees. I hate dry heat, feels like my skin is cooking!

My wife is from Austin, I've lived there for 3 years before. Ill take the humid Texas heat all day long over Vegas. People don't realize that Vegas has a monsoon season from July to September and its humid as hell and 115 degrees. I hate dry heat, feels like my skin is cooking!
I was in the hi desert for 4 yrs., and in 118* heat a few times, that felt like hi 90`s w/ 90`s humidity here to me , except HERE YOU GET SOAKING WET, there u dry faster. I have sat in the shade here, drinking iced tea, and sweated like hell, very uncomfortable to work in. The wind out there was a ***** for an outside worker when the sand storms blow up !~ West te3xas is hot and dry from what I`ve seen of it, used to have an uncle down there.

Jared,how many days are you planning for this trip?
Might want to check the westher,esspecial if you can wait a few days.
Monday is high of 108 in Austin ,
cold front bring high on Tuesday at 98 and Wednesday to 99....so if you left pn Sumday or Monday night maybe a little cooler....did check out your way....just a thought.

Oops,forgot you are travelling at night.....mid 70's thru the week in this area......

Jared,how many days are you planning for this trip?
Might want to check the westher,esspecial if you can wait a few days.
Monday is high of 108 in Austin ,
cold front bring high on Tuesday at 98 and Wednesday to 99....so if you left pn Sumday or Monday night maybe a little cooler....did check out your way....just a thought.

The plan right now is to leave Monday night.Tomorrow is my 30th birthday, going to just relax and spend time with my brother before we go. Ill give you a call before we take off! Thanks buddy.

I wish you safe travels, make sure the car has good tires on it, and your spare has air in it.

-
Back