Vegas to Texas

-
Just need to get the new idler greased, and top off the diff fluid and we are ready to go. The plan is to leave tomorrow night.

Got the whole front end greased and the rear diff topped off. Feels like a whole new car after all these repairs. Thank again to everyone following along. Its been a hectic few days but things are coming together.

Today is the day. Packing the wagon at 11 pm to be on the road by 12. First big stop is Albuquerque. Having trouble finding a hotel that will let us check in before 2 pm. But ill figure it out.

Just outside of Albuquerque NM, our first rest stop.

1532449938635-2058493673.jpg

1532449963919978762718.jpg

All good so far. Stopped a total of 3 times for about 30 mins to let the old girl rest. Had to pull off once to check on a fuel starving issue about 2 hours from Albuquerque. Vapor lock, poured two cold bottles of water on the fuel pump and back to normal. Stopping now in Albuquerque for the day, back on the road by 10-11 pm. Just too damn hot with no a.c. glad I chose to drive nights.

Glad to hear !!!
It was 110 in austin yesterday and cold front blew in this morning ,no rain at my shop but this what it was like this morning...
Good call on driving nights.

20180724_080713.jpg

Glad to hear !!!
It was 110 in austin yesterday and cold front blew in this morning ,no rain at my shop but this what it was like this morning...

View attachment 1715203014

Totally, I only drove in the heat of the day for 3 hours and it was too much. Going through flagstaff area at Dawn was amazing, 60 degrees and the wagon loved it! Probably going to leave a little early tonight to avoid driving during the day time tomorrow. Only 700 more miles to go.

Glad to hear !!!

View attachment 1715203014
YES , Austin, a direr heat than here 1 hour N of Houston. But when I stick my head in the oven set at 400 degrees, that is a dry he at too!!!! So you ask, why do that!!??? Because I then gootside and it feels pretty good!

Hope the trip is enjoyable!!

YES , Austin, a direr heat than here 1 hour N of Houston. But when I stick my head in the oven set at 400 degrees, that is a dry he at too!!!! So you ask, why do that!!??? Because I then gootside and it feels pretty good!

Hope the trip is enjoyable!!

You gootside ? I have done that .

I did that trip in a newer (and faster) car. Austin (Fredricksberg) to LA, 16 hours and change. 2pm to 6AM averaged about 95 nonstop until CA high desert. I took the low route. SC400, nice road car. Every highway EXCEPT CA's were awesome. CA's suck.

Lost brakes and something else on the front end. Stuck in San Angelo waiting for help. So close, less than 200 miles from our destination. Damn.

There is a badass Mopar yard there in San Angelo A B E body galore. All restorable cars right off the highway next to the bridge. He has 440 six packs ready to drop in your ride. 100s of cars

-
Back