Very Rare! Made of Unobtainium! 3 were made and I own 4! Sale ads

-

Backtobasics

Reaction score
/RANT ON

Is it just me or is there an infusion of for sale ads, on members with very low post counts, who think their stuff is the Holy Grail?

• "Only 3 were ever made and I own all 4 of them..."
  • "I know what it's worth, don't insult me by offering me money for my part..."
  • "It's made of unobtainium, and is very strong..."
  • "So old its been signed by Fred Flintstone, so it must be valuable..."
//Rant off

Not just you! Your supposed to keep your mouth shut and let them fish for their sucker.

/RANT ON

Is it just me or is there an infusion of for sale ads, on members with very low post counts, who think their stuff is the Holy Grail?

• "Only 3 were ever made and I own all 4 of them..."
  • "I know what it's worth, don't insult me by offering me money for my part..."
  • "It's made of unobtainium, and is very strong..."
  • "So old its been signed by Fred Flintstone, so it must be valuable..."
//Rant off

Do you mean to honestly tell me you wouldnt pay 400 dollars for someone's rusted *** POS "rare" air cleaner?

Me neither!:-D

An item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If some asks $1000 for a rock and someone else buys it, It must have been worth it to them.

No we dont allow members to start arguments in other members classified section. If it continues to be a problem there will be no discussion in the classified sections at all. It will be post your item and that it just like on Moparts.

I'm not voting for a Moparts treatment, and I do not bash or argue, just seems to be a lot of listings recently where they alienate people right off the bat.

Item 12345 is worth what someone will pay, but the attiude....

I'm not voting for a Moparts treatment, and I do not bash or argue, just seems to be a lot of listings recently where they alienate people right off the bat.

Item 12345 is worth what someone will pay, but the attiude....

Maybe it is just me, but I call that entertainment, just like this thread. :D

An item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If some asks $1000 for a rock and someone else buys it, It must have been worth it to them.

My dad found a neat rock on his property, his Mopar buddy had to have it for his fancy garden and offered him $600 for it. My dad has since found more like it :toothy10:

We thought he was nuts but it must be worth alot, he said it was rare.

I think most of us know what parts for our cars are worth so if someone is asking double that simple not buying it will solve the problem.

A lot of the time it's just someones "show & tell" they have no intention on selling the "rare" part. they just want people too see what neat, rare,(whether it is or not) stuff they have. It's a way to get attention & it's pretty common.

Exactly! I see the same over priced parts listed over and over on my local Craigslist with out a change in price. They annoy me too, but I do my best just to ignore them.

Thats a good way to look at it.....I like you already :cheers:
A lot of the time it's just someones "show & tell" they have no intention on selling the "rare" part. they just want people too see what neat, rare,(whether it is or not) stuff they have. It's a way to get attention & it's pretty common.

For sale: really rare $5 bill. There aren't many around these days. I'll sell it for $100, plus shipping, and don't make me any offers...I wont take 'em....would consider trade for a $50 and 2 -$20's.

Attachments

• five_dollar_bill.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 509
For sale: really rare $5 bill. There aren't many around these days. I'll sell it for $100, plus shipping, and don't make me any offers...I wont take 'em....would consider trade for a $50 and 2 -$20's.

I'm interested in your $5 bill. Can you point out what makes yours rare? I just want to be sure I get what I pay for. Educate me. :-D

I'm interested in your $5 bill. Can you point out what makes yours rare? I just want to be sure I get what I pay for. Educate me. :-D

Oh, because it's MINE, of course!...and you MUST want it, right?...Any other $5 bills are phonys...mine is NOS!!!.. ;-)

If no-one buys it ,I'll shred it!!

you guy's are too much.....Lol this is the official rant about idiotic prices thread.....Rant On .......:cheers:

I would rather just give up any spare parts to other members in need or sell them on the cheap because they are not doing me any good laying around. I have done this out here and found it is very gratifying to do so.

Price is off limits... I go through the for sale section and sometimes shake my head and chuckle.

If something is listed wrong as an exhaust manifold thread was, then a correction isn't out of line to make sure buyers actually get what they expect. No comment on anything else including price.

Oh and that's a rare, one of one, Lincoln altered beard $5 bill.

Hey, i know of someone who has a car that is indeed rare, but not very desireable. He thinks it's worth like 20K-hasn't run since the late 80's and has been sitting outside, and the book value on a #2 car is abt 13K. it's laughable

Is this the famous "Mr Norms" five dollar bill, that he had to break, in order to get a bag of chips out of "Grand Spaulding's" vending machine?
It's not that rare. My sisters,friends,nieghbors,brother in-law has one just like it. I can buy IT for only sixty bucks.....you crook:bootysha:

Is this the famous "Mr Norms" five dollar bill, that he had to break, in order to get a bag of chips out of "Grand Spaulding's" vending machine?
It's not that rare. My sisters,friends,nieghbors,brother in-law has one just like it. I can buy IT for only sixty bucks.....you crook:bootysha:

No, but it is the twin to one Frank Mitchell has had listed for 7 1/2 years on ebay!

No, that one was orange and Lincoln had a booger hanging out of his nose, my uncles friends brother knows the guy who still has it but said he would wipe his behind with it before he would ever sell it.

Just my luck. I was willing to go 80. on the five dollar bill but youre not open to offers. dang!

I have this turd that looks like a frog humping a turd but it is really just one, two-toned turd..

I would like $500 for it. Is anyone is interested?

Attachments

• l.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 219
-
Back