Veterans On the Board

-
USN 1981-1989 aviation machinist mate /assigned to VF-21 worked on F4N phantoms and F14 tomcats/

deployed to iraq as a civillian contractor for the US ARMY 2004-2005 and 2007-2009
i still work for the ARMY ON THEIR HELICOPTERS AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO UNTIL ALL OUR TROOPS COME HOME !

SGT USMC 1994-2000, Parris Island, NAS Millington, NAS Coronado, MCAS New River: HMM-261, HMM-264, MALS-26 GSE; Stewart AFB: MALS-49 Det B. Served on the USS Ponce, USS Wasp and USS Kearsarge. Served in Desert Storm, Kosovo, Bosnia, Herzegovina, and Albania.

Yes I left a Mech MOS to work on bombs but hey where else can I get paid to blow **** up!!

Air National Guard 1964 - 2001. Now retired
Crew Chief and then Quality Control
F-100C/F, T-33, F-105D, F-4D, F-16A/C
Europe, Turkey, Kuwait, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Canada, 37 states

Does that mean we never half to shake hands?:pukeleft:

No Dotchguy, I would gladly shake your hand
high5.gif

And thank you for your service in Desert Storm. My nephew
was also there

:salute:U.S. ARMY 15-E-20 PERSHING MISSILE 1979-1992 across the pond 4 times
love the land of round door knobs and 24hr coffee !:coffee2:

My hat is off to you all and thank you for your service!!!
God bless all!

P.S The slabs are biting here in, IN

8b6f.jpg

9ae1.jpg

7d00.jpg

97d4.jpg

fad1.jpg

P1A_Launch.jpg

ladies and gentlemen i salute you. U.S.ARMY 1979-1985 ft. jackson, ft. leonard wood, flak kasserne ludwigsburg germany, ft.carson.proud to have served.

FT Leonard Wood.:headbang: hey thats in my neck of the woods. What unit was you with when you was there??

Proudly served in the US ARMY RESERVE
from 1990 to 2002 63H/63W Sgt Miller whooa

Now i work on equipment that our solders train with to find IED ETC. here is a pick. SGT Miller

USAF
99-2003
Vet. Operation Enduring Freedom
2A652
Cannon, AFB New Mexico
Spangdahlem, Germany

:headbang:

4 years that will never be forgotten!

This is a really good post for the veterans IMO. Not only is it nice to have a common interest, but also to know that if we need to, we can connect on another level, especially the combat vets. This might seem like a dumb idea, but we might want to consider putting a little something in our profile or sig line to reflect our service to identify each other if need be. I know there are msg. boards for vets, but they all seem to be about chest beating/my dick is bigger than yours bullshit. I can't seem to get into them anymore. My best friends in the service were always car guys and still are. Maybe I'm just getting old and sentimental. If so, just ignore me, lol.

SSG US Army 1969-1976 12B Combat Engineer. Basic in Fort Dix N.J., AIT in Fort Lenordwood. 1 Tour in Vietnam, 3 Yrs in Europe, 1 1/2 yrs in Fort Benning Ga. teaching demolitions to OCS canidates

By seeing your MOSs and deployments and years of service, my conviction is that only the USA has kept a lid on the bad guys for the past 60 years.

USAF 99-present
OEF/OIF and still going...
Started out as an aircraft electrician and now am a AC-130 Sensor operator, i love my job

picture.JPG

I just wanted to say, from my Wife & I. We could never thank you enough for serving our country. God Bless You All!!

1966-1971 NAVY
USS Hornet CVS-12 Caught her on last leg of tour of vietnam, (flag ship for Admiral, but can't remember his name) back to Pearl Harbor to practice Apollo 11 and Apollo 12 pickups in the south pacific, then to Bremerton for decommisssioning, after a huge welcome in SanFrancisco and Long Beach

USSPRAIRIE -destroyer tender,subic bay Phillipines was my last duty station.

LOVED SERVING MY COUNTRY AND THE GIRLS IN YOKUSKA WEREN'T BAD EITHER

The first picture is of me in an F-16 on the flight deck of the USSConstellation, I was fortunate enough to cruise back to San Diego after I met my son who served aboard her during Desert Storm. It brought back memories for me. The Other Pics are of the Hornet and Apollo pickups.

walt F-16.JPG

cvs-12_apollo_capsule_color.jpg

cvs-12_apollo_recovery.jpg

cvs-12_july_69.jpg

cvs-12_side.jpg

United States Air Force August 2001 - August 2005.

Communications Computer Operator Tech School at Keesler AFB

Then 3 and a half LONG years at Sheppard AFB. angry9: :thumbdow:

USN 99-07
DC1(sw)
USS Constellation (CV64) 99-03
USS Shiloh (CG67) 03-04
Assault Craft Unit Five (ACU5) 04-07
OSW/OIF/OEF
:usa2:

U.S. Army 13 Oct 1964 to 11Fewb 1970 11/67 to 5/69 Door gunner crew chief 240th AHC Bearcat Republic of South Vietnam. 4/4/70 to 10/70 Door gunner crew chief 114th AHC Vin Long Republic of South Vietnam. Huey shot down 4 oct 70 [my birthday] I was in the hospital at FT Benning GA for almost two years,

70 to 77 US Army, Avionics Tech. 101st Airbourne, Camp Eagle Vietnam, C/227 AHC, Ft. Hood Texas. NY NG

-
Back